Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

RIP Annual Passport...

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I liked having my AP when the parks were not too crowded and faitly priced....I just don't care for how much they cost for the amount of crowds there.

Wish they could just limit the number of APs or just limited the number of vists on the card to make it where people who want t go once a month can but once a week, I am fine with eliminating that.

I feel the same. The whole AP program needs to be redone, especially the payment plans. I would remove all payment plan options for AP’s that allow unlimited entries (black out days would still apply to certain lower cost AP’s). Then create a new AP for SoCal residents only that would allow a payment plan. This new pass would only be good for (let’s say), 24 park entries with black out days still applicable. I feel this is a fair trade off to those choosing a payment plan.

I feel this would help to relieve the severe overcrowding that has become the norm.

Comment

This Memorial Day is the one-year anniversary that my wife and I did not renew our premium annual passes and we couldn't be happier. No more foolishness with crowds, strollers, parking, trams and the list goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
        [B]After 31 years of having an annual passport, I am officially without one now! ...The sense of magic and nostalgia is gone, mainly because of the excessive crowds ALL the time
        Sounds like you're doing your part to help fix the crowding issues. It's the sad truth that crowding is a self correcting issue- as more people feel the same as you and stop renewing their APs and visiting as often, we'll see crowds return to what people consider to be more "reasonable". But with Star Wars Land, Marvel Land, and annual summer promotions- I don't expect this to happen for a very long time (if ever).

Comment

Originally posted by javajunkee View Post
          I feel the same. The whole AP program needs to be redone, especially the payment plans. I would remove all payment plan options for AP’s that allow unlimited entries (black out days would still apply to certain lower cost AP’s). Then create a new AP for SoCal residents only that would allow a payment plan. This new pass would only be good for (let’s say), 24 park entries with black out days still applicable. I feel this is a fair trade off to those choosing a payment plan.

I feel this would help to relieve the severe overcrowding that has become the norm.
          I could live with that, though I'd go even lower below 20 visits easily.

Funny enough I just got an AP at Six flags 25 bucks a month with free food/drink every time I go. Much more in my price and crowd range
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
            Overwhelming numbers of local APs have washed away the magic that was once Disneyland. As little as 10 years ago it was still a special place, where each visit felt like the first time. But around 10 years ago AP numbers skyrocketed as the result of the monthly payment plan. And along with it, a different "type" of park visitor. One who would never go there if it wasn't made dirt cheap by the chump change monthly payments.
            My wife, daughter and I could only budget for our APs and continue to enjoy Disneyland because of the monthly payment plans. Please tell me what type of park visitors are we?
            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

My wife, daughter and I could only budget for our APs and continue to enjoy Disneyland because of the monthly payment plans. Please tell me what type of park visitors are we?
              I'd guess middle class, the point is how many APers are like you? Millions of them can't get an AP (or at least every year get one) which leads to over crowding. After 9/11 it was so low of crowds it didn't matter the AP rate but now it does, it makes the parks just a mess to be in. Many times you can't enjoy the Rivers of America of Main Street with all the people.

I had my fun with AP's but now would rather make Disneyland a Vacation spot where I go and have a day or two of fun with less crowds, Plenty of other parks like Knotts, Universal and Six Flags should have AP's because honestly they need them. Disneyland does not any more and if they do I think you should have under 20 visits a year which more APers would be fine with, some locals wouldn't but the needs of many outweigh the needs of the few to me at least.
              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Please tell me what type of park visitors are we?
                From reading your posts over the years, I'd guess that you're a knowledgeable visitor who cares about the Park and treats it, the employees, and the other guests with respect.

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                - Michael Eisner

Comment

https://youtu.be/2yI9Ras59gs?t=11m24s

In the past couple of years, I've seen more and more the behavior represented starting 11 ½ minutes into the video. I tend to not generalize about whether people are APs or not, because I've been on both sides of that debate. I do think there is an issue with people in general disrespecting the park. It would certainly be a contributing factor in my decision not to become an AP.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

From reading your posts over the years, I'd guess that you're a knowledgeable visitor who cares about the Park and treats it, the employees, and the other guests with respect.
                    Gawrsh, thanks!
                    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

I'd guess middle class, the point is how many APers are like you? Millions of them can't get an AP (or at least every year get one) which leads to over crowding. After 9/11 it was so low of crowds it didn't matter the AP rate but now it does, it makes the parks just a mess to be in. Many times you can't enjoy the Rivers of America of Main Street with all the people.

I had my fun with AP's but now would rather make Disneyland a Vacation spot where I go and have a day or two of fun with less crowds, Plenty of other parks like Knotts, Universal and Six Flags should have AP's because honestly they need them. Disneyland does not any more and if they do I think you should have under 20 visits a year which more APers would be fine with, some locals wouldn't but the needs of many outweigh the needs of the few to me at least.
                      I'm pretty sure I understand your meaning, but I'm a little confused by the wording. "Millions of <potential guests?> can't get an AP which leads to overcrowding." It seems like your statement is self-contradictory.

Anyhow, I agree that the parks have become massively crowded and believe that AP'ers play a fair part in that, but I think a lot of the crowding is also due to more vacationers visiting the parks. I don't have numbers to back that up and I don't think anyone else here has solid enough statistics to prove one way or the other. I would be willing to buy an annual pass with a limited number of visits. Even with our passes, my family only visited Disneyland like six or seven times this last year, and that's typical for those years when we've had passes. I think that the majority of AP'ers visit maybe once a month and that very few visit even 20 times a year. (I know one guy who used to do that, but his game was to go first thing in the morning, park over at DTD, grab the Monorail into DL, take a couple of rides, maybe have breakfast on Main Street, then leave. If he helped to overcrowd the parks, he did it for like two hours at a time, twice a month.)

I like the idea of people choosing a number of days, within certain time periods, when buying annual passes. The total number of days would cost a certain amount and specific dates/date ranges would cost more or less, based on their popularity. No tiers and no blackout dates; you pay for whatever you want, but the cost can go up quickly if you're greedy. You only want to go once a month, on a weekday? Not too bad. Want to be able to go on any day of the year? That's really going to cost you. It would take some forethought and would require some additional infrastructure for making the purchases, but I think it would allow people to better get what they paid for.
                      Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Very respectful person to other's........ also enjoy Disney Parks and Churros
                        and also agree with Mr. Wiggins .
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The kind of customer Disney wants. Thoughtful, loyal, and enthusiastic. It is why they made the payment plans, so that you and your family could continue to enjoy the parks. It made the park more accesssible and it made the park more profitable than it otherwise would have been!

Continue to enjoy the park and be part of the magic! I know our family does!

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
                            https://youtu.be/2yI9Ras59gs?t=11m24s

In the past couple of years, I've seen more and more the behavior represented starting 11 ½ minutes into the video. I tend to not generalize about whether people are APs or not, because I've been on both sides of that debate. I do think there is an issue with people in general disrespecting the park. It would certainly be a contributing factor in my decision not to become an AP.
                            I have never seen people walking in the rock work like this before. It is not common even with a million AP holders. We have all heard about men jumping in the Submarine Voyage lagoon when they had live mermaids. Apparantely Annual Passholders were a problem way back in the 1960’s.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I understand your meaning, but I'm a little confused by the wording. "Millions of <potential guests?> can't get an AP which leads to overcrowding." It seems like your statement is self-contradictory.

Anyhow, I agree that the parks have become massively crowded and believe that AP'ers play a fair part in that, but I think a lot of the crowding is also due to more vacationers visiting the parks. I don't have numbers to back that up and I don't think anyone else here has solid enough statistics to prove one way or the other. I would be willing to buy an annual pass with a limited number of visits. Even with our passes, my family only visited Disneyland like six or seven times this last year, and that's typical for those years when we've had passes. I think that the majority of AP'ers visit maybe once a month and that very few visit even 20 times a year. (I know one guy who used to do that, but his game was to go first thing in the morning, park over at DTD, grab the Monorail into DL, take a couple of rides, maybe have breakfast on Main Street, then leave. If he helped to overcrowd the parks, he did it for like two hours at a time, twice a month.)

I like the idea of people choosing a number of days, within certain time periods, when buying annual passes. The total number of days would cost a certain amount and specific dates/date ranges would cost more or less, based on their popularity. No tiers and no blackout dates; you pay for whatever you want, but the cost can go up quickly if you're greedy. You only want to go once a month, on a weekday? Not too bad. Want to be able to go on any day of the year? That's really going to cost you. It would take some forethought and would require some additional infrastructure for making the purchases, but I think it would allow people to better get what they paid for.
                              Payment plans make it where millions of guests who could never have AP's have them. You your self said you might to have them without payment plans and I bet at least 1/3 of APers do the payments at this point which would be huge if we could cut back the Ap's numbers by that much even 5,000 extra APers on a Friday night would be a big deal.
                              Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

My wife and I tend to do a year on/year off deal with APs, but decided if we wanna shell out Disney money, may as well do like a 2 day trip, and stay at the hotel rather than get an AP and feel like we HAVE to go a bunch to get our moneys worth out of it. The plan now is to do the hotel thing for the magic hour when Galaxy's Edge opens.
                                "Have I gone mad?"
                                "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by javajunkee View Post

I really liked the idea of having the AP program restructured to a "membership" instead of a pass for all but the Sig and Sig+ passes. Just throwing out numbers here, but I like the idea of $89 a month for one park hopper a month, subject to holiday blackouts, and parking for $15. 10% discount on table service dining and merchandise. $99 a month for the membership with the MP add-on, and no additional bonus for the parking. Unused passes are capped at three so that the member can't stack them up and go all summer or all Christmas. With no parking add-on, this may give visitors pause before they arrive in the parks individually. First visit is for the park admission in full before you can start paying for the monthly membership.

Sig and Sig+ passes can still have monthly payments, but they'll be $99 a month if you're on a payment plan, meaning the pass price has been raised to $1,188 a year. Without the payments, you can pay for the pass at once for the current price of $1,049. (Adjust accordingly for Sig+.) APs might be more inclined to opt into the membership if they don't go often enough to warrant the $99 a month payment, and members might be inclined to add on that extra $10 a month if they do go more than once. Also, it might cause more people to re-think their monthly payments if they realize they're spending more for the same pass than they would if they paid in full.

Comment

Originally posted by order 1966 View Post

I have never seen people walking in the rock work like this before. It is not common even with a million AP holders. We have all heard about men jumping in the Submarine Voyage lagoon when they had live mermaids. Apparantely Annual Passholders were a problem way back in the 1960’s.
                                    I hadn't ever seen it before my last few trips, but almost every time I've been the last couple of years, I see people beyond the fence in line for Radiator Springs Racers, Thunder Mountain, or even on grass in parade routes. I'm not saying anyone is responsible and I know there have always been people willing to disobey the rules. I don't want to attribute my anecdotes to make some broader statement. I was just pointing out behavior I had noticed recently and how that has impacted my feelings about the park (and not becoming an AP).

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
                                      My wife and I tend to do a year on/year off deal with APs, but decided if we wanna shell out Disney money, may as well do like a 2 day trip, and stay at the hotel rather than get an AP and feel like we HAVE to go a bunch to get our moneys worth out of it. The plan now is to do the hotel thing for the magic hour when Galaxy's Edge opens.
                                      See, that's kind of the same as one of the big reasons my family enjoys having the passports; specifically because with them we don't feel we have to rush around and get in as many rides as we can in one or two days. My brother's family has stayed at the Disneyland hotel, more than once, and says that Magic Mornings was really not worth it for them. He says that there were very few attractions open and they were the less popular ones. I strongly suspect that Galaxy's Edge will be tough to get into, even with Magic Mornings, for the better part of a year, and that it may not be included in Magic Mornings.
                                      Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

See, that's kind of the same as one of the big reasons my family enjoys having the passports; specifically because with them we don't feel we have to rush around and get in as many rides as we can in one or two days. My brother's family has stayed at the Disneyland hotel, more than once, and says that Magic Mornings was really not worth it for them. He says that there were very few attractions open and they were the less popular ones. I strongly suspect that Galaxy's Edge will be tough to get into, even with Magic Mornings, for the better part of a year, and that it may not be included in Magic Mornings.
                                        I've thought it might not be included, so honestly my plan if it isn't is to do a couple things, then book it to one of the entrances and hope lol ( I also plan to take a couple days off in the middle of the week for slightly better odds)
                                        "Have I gone mad?"
                                        "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post

I've thought it might not be included, so honestly my plan if it isn't is to do a couple things, then book it to one of the entrances and hope lol ( I also plan to take a couple days off in the middle of the week for slightly better odds)
                                          May the Force be with you, but I have a bad feeling about this.
                                          Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Working...
                                          X