• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PirateLover
    I won't grow up!
    • Jan 2012

Dole Whip stand needs to move to Tahitian Terrace

I think the Dole Whip stand needs to move to Tahitian Terrace when they re-open that area. It would open up the whole walkway for better flow and I wouldn't have to get nasty looks from people who think I'm cutting in line for a Dole Whip, when I am actually waiting for the Tiki Room. You can't even see the the Tiki Gods outside during the pre-show anymore because of the long line inside. It really has destroyed the nice atmosphere it used to have. Plus they could streamline the Dole Whip process for better crowd flow & faster service.
  • WaltDisney'sAlec
    Happily Ridiculous
    • Dec 2011

I think that's what Disney ultimately wants to. For evidence of this, check out this post I shared back when Tropical Hideaway was first announced. Imagine seeing the Adventureland entrance without a huge crowd lined up there!

Comment

• sirstude
      New ********ter
      • Oct 2013

I understand the flow, but the first time I went to Disneyland, 1974, the Dole Whip stand was where it is now. Been hooked ever since, and about the first stop when we go. That is about every 5 years, so really a treat. Last summer I was at a car show and they had a Dole Whip stand there, and I was in Heaven.

Comment

• disneyfn
        Mouseman
        • Mar 2005

I believe Dole sponsors the tiki room and they want to get their money's worth, therefore they have the stand in the front of the attraction and adventureland sign. They would lose this if they moved to the back unless they want to sponsor the Jungle Cruise and put up a sign at the end of the ride,(Cool off from the jungle with a Dole whip).

Comment

• ajburk97
          MiceChatter
          • Jan 2015

The reason it is where it is is because Dole sponsors the Tiki room. Unless something changes, it isn't moving.

Comment

• WaltDisney'sAlec
            Happily Ridiculous
            • Dec 2011

Originally posted by disneyfn View Post
            I believe Dole sponsors the tiki room and they want to get their money's worth, therefore they have the stand in the front of the attraction and adventureland sign. They would lose this if they moved to the back unless they want to sponsor the Jungle Cruise and put up a sign at the end of the ride,(Cool off from the jungle with a Dole whip).
            Going back to the previous thread, someone mentioned that it looks like the veranda for Tiki Room would be expanded to wrap around the building into Tropical Hideaway. Maybe that's how Disney is working around it. Instead of grabbing your Dole Whip before the show, it exits to where you buy a Dole Whip. This is all speculation of course, but you're definitely right about Dole sponsoring the Tiki Room.

Comment

• ajburk97
              MiceChatter
              • Jan 2015

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

Going back to the previous thread, someone mentioned that it looks like the veranda for Tiki Room would be expanded to wrap around the building into Tropical Hideaway. Maybe that's how Disney is working around it. Instead of grabbing your Dole Whip before the show, it exits to where you buy a Dole Whip. This is all speculation of course, but you're definitely right about Dole sponsoring the Tiki Room.
              Speculation that likely won't happen. Getting a dole whip and watching the show is a time honored tradition, it makes more sense to have the stand at the entrance before the show, instead of after.

Comment

• mickdaddy
                MiceChatter
                • Dec 2009

Originally posted by ajburk97 View Post
                The reason it is where it is is because Dole sponsors the Tiki room. Unless something changes, it isn't moving.
                two locations, one for the Tiki room guests and the other at the tropical Hideaway. This would satisfy the sponsorship and allow for a more clear walkway for crowd flow.
                BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

• HiddenMickey87
                  Banned User
                  • Apr 2008

How about a 2nd stand in the Tahitian? Leave one line in the current (either on the inside, so its only for show-goers and to make space in AL; or on the outside to preserve the quality of the pre-show)

Comment

• micromind
                    world class bilge rat
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                    How about a 2nd stand in the Tahitian? Leave one line in the current (either on the inside, so its only for show-goers and to make space in AL; or on the outside to preserve the quality of the pre-show)
                    Beat me to it.........lol.

There should be about a dozen of them at various places in DL, even some in DCA.

Comment

• Eagleman
                      Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by micromind View Post

Beat me to it.........lol.

There should be about a dozen of them at various places in DL, even some in DCA.
                      why not 2 dozen ? lol
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• HiddenMickey87
                        Banned User
                        • Apr 2008

FWIW they sell them at the Disneyland Hotel. In keeping with the theme, the new Tahitian Terrace restaurant, as well as Bengal BBQ, also seem like appropriate spots. Maybe one on top of the Swiss Family Treehouse as a reward for climbing all those stairs.

Comment

• Blue Lagoon
                          Banned User
                          • Apr 2018

Originally posted by sirstude View Post
                          I understand the flow, but the first time I went to Disneyland, 1974, the Dole Whip stand was where it is now. Been hooked ever since, and about the first stop when we go. That is about every 5 years, so really a treat. Last summer I was at a car show and they had a Dole Whip stand there, and I was in Heaven.
                          There’s always been a stand selling Dole pinapple juice, but I don’t remember Dole whip back then.

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                          FWIW they sell them at the Disneyland Hotel. In keeping with the theme, the new Tahitian Terrace restaurant, as well as Bengal BBQ, also seem like appropriate spots. Maybe one on top of the Swiss Family Treehouse as a reward for climbing all those stairs.
                          If only it still was the Swiss Family Treehouse, and the Tahitian Terrace was actually coming back. If only....

Comment

• PirateLover
                            I won't grow up!
                            • Jan 2012

I guess a lot of people have the tradition of waiting for their Dole Whip in the classic location. I get it, and I didn't realize the Dole was still the sponsor. Even if it's available at other locations, people will want to get them from the "Original" stand to remind them of days gone by. But that's what I want. The Tiki waiting area to enjoyed as I remember it and was designed.

So my new idea is to take away half the pond between the 2 lands, expand the walkway and give dole whip a proper outside queue. That way, when waiting for the Tiki Room, you can enjoy the pre-show. See my map for the red section to be removed and paved over.

Comment

• Blue Lagoon
                              Banned User
                              • Apr 2018

Originally posted by PirateLover View Post
                              I guess a lot of people have the tradition of waiting for their Dole Whip in the classic location. I get it, and I didn't realize the Dole was still the sponsor. Even if it's available at other locations, people will want to get them from the "Original" stand to remind them of days gone by. But that's what I want. The Tiki waiting area to enjoyed as I remember it and was designed.

So my new idea is to take away half the pond between the 2 lands, expand the walkway and give dole whip a proper outside queue. That way, when waiting for the Tiki Room, you can enjoy the pre-show. See my map for the red section to be removed and paved over.
                              No. Better would be to allow purchasing Dole juice products from the Tiki Room/Tiki Garden stand only for guests actually waiting INSIDE the Tiki garden for the show. Everyone else has to go buy it at the new Tropical Hideaway.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X