Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a SoCal driver's license and bank account

Comment

QUOTE=Murrays801;n8556087]I have a SoCal driver's license and bank account [/QUOTE]

You do not have to change license , in UTAH ?
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I have both. We actually bought passes while we had residency there. We just keep going back. This is probably the last year, though. If you go to the park during Utah fall break, you see utah gear everywhere

Comment

If you go to the park at anytime, you see Utah gear everywhere. Something about Disneyland appeals to the Utah culture. I currently live in Utah for the cheap housing + college, and the number of people I've met out here who visit the parks regularly, have APs, and love it despite living 10 hours away is astounding.

The AP program isn't just used by locals- which is something that's easy to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Murrays801 View Post
            I have a SoCal Select but live in Utah (a huge market for DL). A punch pass would be huge for people who live out of the area and visit a few times a year. People like us are the ones staying in the hotels, buying merchandise and food a lot more than the locals do.
            My family and I are local passholders who spend quite a bit on food and merchandise a couple of times every month. Even assuming you are staying at a Disney hotel, I would venture to guess we spend as much as you, if not more.

Local APs spend money as well, which is also easy to forget.

Comment

I'm just jealous. A punch pass would be perfect for someone like us, though

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post

Not exactly going to work that way, as the passes sold today have 1 year to activate their vouchers. A person buying a voucher today can activate it in January for a full year or wait til next April, etc... So people buying today can expect their pass to be reasonably honored for the next 2 years. Only real changes that can be made will be block out dates.
                This makes the assumption someone will go to the gate buy a pass and not activate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post
                  This makes the assumption someone will go to the gate buy a pass and not activate it.
                  You can buy it online. I know a lot of people buy now and activate later. Especially if people get worried about changes coming...

If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

A theme park near me stopped offering annual passes. Instead they do a club. You have to let them deduct from your bank account each month. You sign a year contract and if you want to stop at the end you have to call and cancel. My workmate's daughter died of cancer and when they went to close her bank account they'd been deducting from it every month while she was in the hospital dying. They finally offered to refund the last two months as a courtesy when my workmate had the lawyer who was helping her with her daughter's estate call them. It cost her more than they refunded in lawyers fees for the call.

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

If SWGE is opening in late June/early July, then they can start the change in late June/early July. Whatever those changes may be, it will then have a year to phase out. For example, if they get rid of the locals only APs, late June/early July is when they'll stop selling/renewing those passes.
                      Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post

Not exactly going to work that way, as the passes sold today have 1 year to activate their vouchers. A person buying a voucher today can activate it in January for a full year or wait til next April, etc... So people buying today can expect their pass to be reasonably honored for the next 2 years. Only real changes that can be made will be block out dates.
                      A show of hands out there..how many of you are local APs? And how many of you local APs bought a pass, but intentionally decided to wait a year to actually use it, even though Disneyland is nearby and ready to visit at the drop of a hat?
                      Last edited by Natalie Price; 05-09-2018, 06:13 AM.

Comment

A show of hands out there..how many of you are local APs? And how many of you local APs bought a pass, but intentionally decided to wait a year to actually use it, even though Disneyland is nearby and ready to visit at the drop of a hat?
                        I personally know of 4 (not on these boards) who have as protection from price increases. They have a current AP, and have an AP voucher valid until next March.

If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, when you refer to local APs, are you referring only to those holding SoCal passes? Those who live south of Santa Clarita? Are you including those with Sig passes, sig + passes, and deluxes? To be honest, I don't know anyone who holds the SoCal passes (even though they live in SoCal.) The people I know hold the Sig pass or higher.

Comment

I live in Los Angeles. I became a premium passholder in 2011 and maintained that status throughout 2015. I went a max of 10 times a year. Since 2015 I've purchased individual day tickets about twice a year. I plan to get a Signature pass this summer, and I'll probably go about 10 times throughout the year -- my birthday, the opening of Pixar Pier, Halloween x 2, Christmas, Valentine's, and my husband's birthday for sure. I always wind up dropping at least $100 on food and merch in the parks each time I go.

Comment

We didn't wait a year, but about 7 months and live in L.A. We actually did that when Carsland was opening and we decided to buy APs early in case the price increased before it opened. And boy was that a great decision lol. I think we saved about $600 overall (between the three of us).

It was also the last time we had APs as well. We are considering doing the same thing for Star Wars.

Comment

I have an AP, but I think there's a couple things. First, eliminate monthly payment options and I'm sure that would reduce the amount of people flooding the park. I would bet that a high percentage of AP's can't really afford it, but make monthly payments. Second, get rid of AP's and Fastpass.
                                Stockholder and Walt Disney Autograph holder!!

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad

You must only know rich folk. I live in a Orange County and most everyone I know that has a pass has one of the two so cal passes, including my entire family.
                                  Actually, they aren't "rich" to my knowledge. Many I know are military/retired military, lab techs, nurses, teachers, police officers, farmers, etc... I think the difference may be simply how people choose to spend their funds. For example, most teachers I know cannot use a SoCal pass simply because timing does not line up for them. Most people I know in Orange (I'm not from there) are Disney mega fans, so that probably plays a large role.

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad

You must only know rich folk. I live in a Orange County and most everyone I know that has a pass has one of the two so cal passes, including my entire family.
                                    I'm not an AP anymore, but my family always gets the deluxe and I normally get signature. I live 70 or so miles north of Disneyland. My kids are in school, I am a teacher, and getting away during non-peak times is hard. I wouldn't say we're rich. We're solidly what I'd call "southern California middle class." We own and make mortgage payments on our house, but bills and student loan debt take up most of our income. However, when we have APs, we prioritize Disneyland trips and don't travel anywhere else. In years like this one where we don't, we go on other trips and avoid Disneyland.

Comment

Working...
                                    X