• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Eagleman
    Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by baroquehoedown View Post
    I think the idea of a "season pass" instead of an annual pass sounds like a good option.
    I like that concept........But again Disney has, there own way of thinking..... I think?

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• Spongeocto4
      Paper Mario Fanatic

• Jul 2011

Originally posted by Beavis View Post
      They should really just develop an addon charge for peak season days on the lower-end APs. Then it's not a blackout so much as a price tier.
      The issue with this, is that it wouldn't make the issue with crowds better, but it would make it worse. This could lead people to semi-abuse the system, by still going to parks, because there wouldn't be a blackout restriction.

And, while you would being paying an "add on charge", you still wouldn't be paying the full price for a 1 day ticket. "Who cares if I paid for an extra $60, when I'm not paying the full price for 1 day?"

Originally posted by baroquehoedown View Post
      I think the idea of a "season pass" instead of an annual pass sounds like a good option. I've also seen the idea thrown around of having a system where you can buy a number of days, like 10, to use throughout the year, but you only get x amount of each type of day (peak, regular, value). I'm good with just about anything they want to do to manage crowds knowing what a mess SWL will create with masses of people.
      This could mostly work, but it would lead to a guessing game of "how many APs will show up on X Peak day"? What happens if 80% of those Seasonal APs show up unexpectedly, on the same day(like Christmas Day or New Years Eve)?
      "...but life without cake is no life at all"
      -Lysithea von Ordelia, Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Disneyland: 1997, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2007, 2010, 2015, 2020, 2023
      WDW: 2006
      Universal Hollywood: 1998, 2007, 2023

Comment

• Natalie Price
        >
        • Dec 2016

I say eliminate the Annual Pass and just sell "cards" good for 20 visits. And each guest can only buy 2 cards each calendar year. This would eliminate the "local hangout when I'm bored" mentality. Instead of popping by after work, more thought would go into each visit and they wouldn't just show up for a few hours to grab a churro and take a selfie.

Comment

• tarheelalum
          Mice chatter
          • Apr 2015

Disney isn't going to do anything to mess with the golden goose/passholders. They may pay lip service to it and increase the prices but nothing else will be done. Passholders are the most important customers Disneyland has. Its a locals park and always will be.

Comment

• MrLiver
            MiceChatter
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post
            I say eliminate the Annual Pass and just sell "cards" good for 20 visits. And each guest can only buy 2 cards each calendar year. This would eliminate the "local hangout when I'm bored" mentality. Instead of popping by after work, more thought would go into each visit and they wouldn't just show up for a few hours to grab a churro and take a selfie.
            Disney has stated that the average annual passholder visits 10 times per year, so wouldn't this just encourage more visitation from people who feel they have purchased 20 visits?

Comment

• Malcon10t
              Minion
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Mr. P View Post
              My personal thoughts are that the AP program will be restructured to have only two options. The Sig+ AP and Deluxe. The Deluxe will come with heavy black-out dates while the Sig+ will continue to be unlimited. Also a hefty price increase to go along with the restructuring. The monthly payments will still be available but the Sig and Ca passes will be completely gone.
              Just my thoughts
              I don't think the deluxe will have "heavy" block outs, however, they will start blocking out DIsneyland. They will allow access to DCA. It will become more like CM block outs.

If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

• Malcon10t
                Minion
                • Jun 2005

So your prediction is they will get rid of APs and go to long active tickets? Good to know.

I expect we will see the changes in the next 30 days as they need this soon to handle next years opening.

If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

• Ttgal4
                  Pass Holder
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by MrLiver View Post

Disney has stated that the average annual passholder visits 10 times per year, so wouldn't this just encourage more visitation from people who feel they have purchased 20 visits?
                  As well as them staying longer because they’ve already committed to using one of their days that they can’t get back.

Comment

• DLMountainFan
                    • Jan 2006

This is really an oversimplification and trying to change something in such a way that not only won't solve any "perceived" problem but may make it worse.

As that statement shows you feel that there pass holders who either live close enough to Disney or are willing to fight Rush Hour traffic from other areas to spend $20 to park(figuring they don't have parking on their pass) to just get in the park. Then only to do this to buy a $4.75 churro and post it on Social Media. Not only that there are enough people doing this that limiting them by some sort of "card" would actually make a noticeable difference in the crowd level.

On the other end by limiting the visits to 40 visits(2 cards) you are also stating that there are enough pass holders who come more than 40 times a year that removing this option will be a fix to any overcrowding issue. But again the stats don't bear that out. Per Disney's statements the average pass holder comes 10 times a year, that is less than once per month. With this number basic analysis would tend to show that the number of visits per year by pass holders is defiantly weighted to the lower end well below the 40 visit maximum you are now allowing.

You have now also built in an instant incentive to come more. As right now, a pass is good for a year and not really tied to visits. You stick a card that has 20 visits(that Disney would put a expiration on) and is about to expire next week you are going to get exactly what you say you want to eliminate the "Well we paid for the visits we need to use them".

Where a card could actually have the opposite effect of what you want.

And this isn't even getting into the different levels of Pass holders and how Disney sees a SoCal Pass holder compared to a Signature Plus pass holder. Which is another reason why this type of card will not be implemented at least as a replacement to the entire AP program.

Comment

• Natalie Price
                      >
                      • Dec 2016

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                      So your prediction is they will get rid of APs and go to long active tickets? Good to know.

I expect we will see the changes in the next 30 days as they need this soon to handle next years opening.
                      Not a prediction...just wishful thinking.

Comment

• Beavis
                        MiceChatter
                        • Feb 2015

Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

The issue with this, is that it wouldn't make the issue with crowds better, but it would make it worse. This could lead people to semi-abuse the system, by still going to parks, because there wouldn't be a blackout restriction.

And, while you would being paying an "add on charge", you still wouldn't be paying the full price for a 1 day ticket. "Who cares if I paid for an extra $60, when I'm not paying the full price for 1 day?"
                        Well as long as the charge is substantial (most of an admission), I think it will be enough of a deterrent. I think most of the lower tier passholders are fairly price sensitive, and if they're paying 2/3rds or more of gate, they must really want to be there for some reason. I can add a day to a 4-day hopper for less than $60 as a non-passholder I can't see how giving an AP holder a day for slightly more would be so terrible. I doubt it would be taken advantage of all that much, but it might help smooth out AP-holder rushes a little bit once the blackouts fall away. Plus it would throw them somewhat of a bone vs telling them they're simply blacked out for pretty much all of Galaxy's Edge's opening. And it doesn't even have to be all or nothing. They could still have (fewer) blackout dates and only open some of them up for upcharge.

Comment

• Beavis
                          MiceChatter
                          • Feb 2015

I think that might pull in quite a few tourists though who wouldn't buy any kind of AP. I guess they could put a residence requirement on it.

I myself would love to buy more days than the 5 currently allowed on a hopper. There's obviously a reason they've decided to cut it off at 5 though.

Comment

• BiggestDisneyFan
                            Proud of my erate view
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post
                            right.....
                            I learn that Disney ,have there own way of thinking !
                            (like it or not )
                            My point is that the OP said that he/she wanted to start a rumor, but all that was stated were some desires for what could happen. That's not a rumor. (I was feeling particularly editorial on Friday.)
                            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

• Mr. P
                              Me Like Churros
                              • Oct 2015

I don't think the deluxe will have "heavy" block outs, however, they will start blocking out DIsneyland. They will allow access to DCA. It will become more like CM block outs.
                              That may be the case. I would think though that if Disney went to only two APs (SIG+ and Deluxe) that the lower tier would be treated like the SoCal passes.

Comment

• Malcon10t
                                Minion
                                • Jun 2005

Not a prediction...just wishful thinking.
                                So, what is your prediction? You have made it out to be dire. Something that would severely cut back on an APers ability to enjoy the parks. I've described mine. It needs to be rolled out soon as the block outs are up thru the end of April, and nothing has changed in how they are listed on the website. With SW:GE supposedly opening late June/early July, things need to be out soon.

Comment

• Natalie Price
                                  >
                                  • Dec 2016

So, what is your prediction? You have made it out to be dire. Something that would severely cut back on an APers ability to enjoy the parks. I've described mine. It needs to be rolled out soon as the block outs are up thru the end of April, and nothing has changed in how they are listed on the website. With SW:GE supposedly opening late June/early July, things need to be out soon.

If SWGE is opening in late June/early July, then they can start the change in late June/early July. Whatever those changes may be, it will then have a year to phase out. For example, if they get rid of the locals only APs, late June/early July is when they'll stop selling/renewing those passes.

Comment

• Malcon10t
                                    Minion
                                    • Jun 2005

If SWGE is opening in late June/early July, then they can start the change in late June/early July. Whatever those changes may be, it will then have a year to phase out. For example, if they get rid of the locals only APs, late June/early July is when they'll stop selling/renewing those passes.
                                    Not exactly going to work that way, as the passes sold today have 1 year to activate their vouchers. A person buying a voucher today can activate it in January for a full year or wait til next April, etc... So people buying today can expect their pass to be reasonably honored for the next 2 years. Only real changes that can be made will be block out dates.

Comment

• Murrays801
                                      New MiceChatter
                                      • May 2018

I have a SoCal Select but live in Utah (a huge market for DL). A punch pass would be huge for people who live out of the area and visit a few times a year. People like us are the ones staying in the hotels, buying merchandise and food a lot more than the locals do.

Comment

• DLMountainFan
                                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Murrays801 View Post
                                        I have a SoCal Select but live in Utah (a huge market for DL). A punch pass would be huge for people who live out of the area and visit a few times a year. People like us are the ones staying in the hotels, buying merchandise and food a lot more than the locals do.
                                        If you don't mind answering. How exactly did you get a SoCal Select pass living in Utah?

Comment

• Eagleman
                                          Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by DLMountainFan View Post

If you don't mind answering. How exactly did you get a SoCal Select pass living in Utah?
                                          That a good question>?
                                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X