Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

New Menu at Flo’s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New Menu at Flo’s

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...dventure-park/

I know a lot of people won’t like this menu, but I for one am happy. To me this is real diner food.

I remember when Flo’s first opened and (like many), I thought the menu didn’t represent the typical greasy diner food (although I have seen both homestyle dishes and burgers at diners). However, I am not a fan of DLR burgers, so I am sad that they are replacing a unique option. They sadly turned the original roasted dinners to sandwiches but the turkey sandwich still had the roasted (not deli) style taste and the radiator pasta side was tasty and clever. The chicken noodle soup’s name is kind of just slapped on.

At least they are adding fried chicken (I don’t think anywhere in DCA offers that kind of dish). If it is anything like Plaza Inn, this should be successful

Comment

I’m a little torn. I like the idea of diner food being served at Flo’s for theme’s sake, but I thought the previous menu was pretty solid. I don’t think Disney needs another place to get a burger, but I can definitely see myself ordering a club sandwich.

Comment

Route 66 inspired diner....hmmmm
        Disneyland - the original and most charming
        Disneyland Paris - the most beautiful Disneyland ever built
        Tokyo Disneysea - the most amazing Disney park and the only non-Disneyland Disney park worthy of the original

Adventure Thru Inner Space - The greatest extinct Disneyland attraction

“Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money.- The Walt Disney quote that should be heeded
        Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world” - The most abused Walt Disney quote ever
        “It’s called Pirates of the Caribbean, not Boy Scouts of the Caribbean” - X. Atencio

LOATHE AND DESPISE: Marvel Garbage, Avatar Crap, Star Wars Overkill, Pixarization, Shanghai, Michael Eisner

Comment

NEEDS MORE PIE!
          But I've never been to Flo's (god knows why) so I'm keen to try this. Like others have said, the food fits well for the theme but theres burgers at smoke jumpers (which I love) so its a little uninspired. Plus, it needs more pie

Comment

Credit for this goes to someone from Twitter, but pay close attention to whose name is on the "Pot" Pie...

It may still be against park rules, but at least the menus are 420-friendly

Comment

I loved Flo's breakfasts. Hardly ever ate there for lunch or dinner. I hope the Fried Chicken is decent...if it was as good at Plaza Inn's...well, I'll be taking my lunch there more frequently.
              Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post
                I loved Flo's breakfasts. Hardly ever ate there for lunch or dinner. I hope the Fried Chicken is decent...if it was as good at Plaza Inn's...well, I'll be taking my lunch there more frequently.
                It seems the breakfast menu hasn’t changed as of yet.

Comment

IMO....I did not care for Breakfast at Flo's
                  Plaza Inn's does have very Fried Chicken dinner...........
                  I hope be good at Flo's ..........But would not count on it !
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

As kid who travel a lot on Route 66.........do recall lots of inspired dinner and truck stop's .

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I like it. Never really cared for the original menu items.
                      "Fantasy, if it's really convincing, can't become dated, for the simple reason that it represents a flight into a dimension that lies beyond the reach of time" Walt Disney

Comment

We ate at Flo’s today with the new menu. I had the Turkey club and liked it a lot. The turkey tasted like turkey and not just that “lunchmeat” flavor. Good bacon and the avocado bacon mayo was good. The fries were good and were like small steak fries. Husband had the chicken. He said the chicken was good. The potatoes were barely okay and too salty. Veggies were fine. I would go back to eat what I had and try a couple other items

Comment

Originally posted by daannzzz View Post
                          We ate at Flo’s today with the new menu. I had the Turkey club and liked it a lot. The turkey tasted like turkey and not just that “lunchmeat” flavor. Good bacon and the avocado bacon mayo was good. The fries were good and were like small steak fries. Husband had the chicken. He said the chicken was good. The potatoes were barely okay and too salty. Veggies were fine. I would go back to eat what I had and try a couple other items
                          Was the chicken similar to the Plaza Inn chicken?

Comment

Bummer. The roast beef and cheddar sandwich at Flo's was one of my favorite meals at the parks. At least they still have Racer 5!

Comment

Well it's about flippin' time. When Flo's first opened it became one of my new favorite places to eat at the resort (Loved the pork loin with Coca Cola bbq sauce and the turkey dinner plate). Then they changed the menu to boring plain meat and cheese sandwiches and it made me so mad. While I would have liked to see a return of some of the original items, I'm still liking the addition of fried chicken, pot pie, and sandwiches that at least have more ingredients in them. I agree with OP, this is more like diner food.

The only thing I REALLY lament the loss of is the delicious Radiator Pasta Salad. But then maybe it's still on the menu as a side option? The blog post doesn't really specify.

Comment

I could be very happy eating off of Flo's new menu. It's just a shame that they couldn't move some of the old Flo's favorites to another location, so people could still get them, if they wanted.
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
                                http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post
                                  Well it's about flippin' time. When Flo's first opened it became one of my new favorite places to eat at the resort (Loved the pork loin with Coca Cola bbq sauce and the turkey dinner plate). Then they changed the menu to boring plain meat and cheese sandwiches and it made me so mad. While I would have liked to see a return of some of the original items, I'm still liking the addition of fried chicken, pot pie, and sandwiches that at least have more ingredients in them. I agree with OP, this is more like diner food.

The only thing I REALLY lament the loss of is the delicious Radiator Pasta Salad. But then maybe it's still on the menu as a side option? The blog post doesn't really specify.
                                  I agree the pork loin and turkey dinner were great.
                                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by Ttgal4 View Post

Was the chicken similar to the Plaza Inn chicken?
                                    Husband said Flo’s chicken was more crispy but Plaza Inn was a bit better.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
                                      I could be very happy eating off of Flo's new menu. It's just a shame that they couldn't move some of the old Flo's favorites to another location, so people could still get them, if they wanted.
                                      I suspect that the menu was changed due to popular demand, so no real reason to move the items elsewhere. It's an interesting move that seems to suggest that lower price food items are more in demand than full on "dinner" style meals

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Diznygrl View Post

For some reason I remember people on this board a couple years ago saying that Flo's food wasn't really that great, so I never went out of my way to eat there. I don't remember if it was a response the the new menu you are mentioning. It seems to have food now that I would eat, so I may try it out next trip.

When I went last summer, my friend and I walked through it to check it out, but didn't order anything. It seemed pretty empty in there. I'm wondering if the menu change is to try and increase customers and bring more people in.

Comment

Working...
                                        X