Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Mickey's Halloween Party 2018

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Mickey's Halloween Party 2018

Looks like the Halloween Party dates and ticket prices were announced!
    How do you guys feel about this?
    Who's going and who's skipping it this year?

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/eve...lloween-party/

So once again the whole “party moves to DCA” rumor bites the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Touchdown View Post
      Perhaps they're saving that for a post-Galaxy's Edge world?

Comment

I don’t think so, I think they probably did some research and discovered that people wouldnt pay $130 for a night at DCA with a special World of Color. The only way I see the party moving to DCA is the party ever becomes a 2 park event.

Comment

I was hoping for the Halloween party move to DCA, maybe next year when star war land open disney might move the party to DCA. I going to skip this year party. I was really looking forward for the Halloween party at DCA.

Comment

I’m really glad, I’m going back to Disneyland for the first time in 3 years this year and I much prefer DL to DCA and I cannot see how any World of Color show could ever top Halloween Screams.

Comment

I don’t think so, I think they probably did some research and discovered that people wouldnt pay $130 for a night at DCA with a special World of Color. The only way I see the party moving to DCA is the party ever becomes a 2 park event.
              I hope you're right. I've never been (just don't have the disposable income yet), but I would love to see it at Disneyland. Everything from the fireworks show to the Cadaver Dans on the RoA just make it look like an awesome event. Park closure aside, it's clear that Halloween festivities are already a 2-park event on par with (or maybe even surpassing) Christmas.

Comment

I am a pass on this and I will avoid going to DLR on the day as well. We went one year during the day before the party and it was a bit hectic and as they started quarreling off the park it became frustrating.

Comment

I honestly can't see this happening, the amount of infrastructure they have put in that is used during the trick or treat party like projection mapping and lighting effects would be hard to move it to DCA also I think that the value of the Party is that it is in Disneyland and that you can enjoy that park with a lighter guest flow.
                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Oh good, I've been waiting for this announcement. Wondering if anyone knows how quickly the halloween parties sell out (if at all?) We're planning on going for the first time this year, and we're looking at September 19th (the first party) I would have to apply for the Disney credit card in order to buy tickets on the earliest date. Do you think I'm okay waiting until June 12 to purchase tickets?

Comment

Are the Trains Normally open during this event?
                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
                        Are the Trains Normally open during this event?
                        Referring to the Monorail and the DLRR? I assume just as much. Event is meant to be treated just like regular park business.

Comment

Originally posted by StrawberryGirl View Post
                          Oh good, I've been waiting for this announcement. Wondering if anyone knows how quickly the halloween parties sell out (if at all?) We're planning on going for the first time this year, and we're looking at September 19th (the first party) I would have to apply for the Disney credit card in order to buy tickets on the earliest date. Do you think I'm okay waiting until June 12 to purchase tickets?
                          It's difficult to say- looking at the prices it seems like opening night is the cheapest ticket of the event. You may wanna have a backup date as to when to attend.

Comment

I was for this rumor, considering how well they decorated DCA last Halloween season.

Comment

I see prices are up again. When I went just two years ago, the lowest-tier price was only $75.00. The year before it was $65.00. One of the biggest draws for a non-APer like me is that not only was the party a chance for me to wear a costume to Disneyland, but it was also a great value. Around 70 bucks for seven hours in the parks, plus being able to enjoy the Halloween party attractions was a wonderful deal! I guess it was TOO good a deal. Since last year, the prices have skyrocketed. Now it's cheaper to buy a regular park admission on a value day, and about comparable to a "regular" day. The only draw is getting to wear a costume and see the Halloween shows. I'm still deciding if it's worth the cost or not.

Comment

Originally posted by StrawberryGirl View Post
                                I think you'll be fine waiting a week. Yes the parties sell out, but not before tickets open to general public. Also, even though it's a cheaper night, it's a month before Halloween. It's cheaper because demand is less. I would never take out a credit card just to get an advance opportunity to buy a ticket to any event.

Comment

Holy price hike, Batman! $130, are you freaking kidding me!!!!!

I haven't been to MHP in a few years, was hoping to go again to finally see the parade and Headless Horseman, but at those prices? No way! Are they giving out Willy Wonka Golden Tickets with the candy or what? Or perhaps the Fun Size Snickers bars are being wrapped in edible gold.

Comment

The increase didn't seem to be a huge jump from 2017, and pretty consistent with previous years. So no "huge" spike like we saw for the Pixar Pier Premier. The cheapest AP price went up from $85 to $95, and the top price went up from $120 to $130, the others seem to go up about the same $10 across the board. The biggest change that I could see is that they removed the Advanced Purchase price for Non-AP holders that they offered on the non peak days last year.

Comment

It would be interesting to see how Disney's price increases chart against inflation and earnings increases.

wow, it's mind-boggling to project where their prices will end up at this rate! Even if we could still afford it, it's getting so far into that psychological barrier that I don't think we could stomach it...

Comment

Originally posted by briannarosec View Post

Referring to the Monorail and the DLRR? I assume just as much. Event is meant to be treated just like regular park business.
                                        Thank you for the Info, I know for many it will sound silly but thats the number on ride I would like to go on when I'm there
                                        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Working...
                                        X