Announcement

Collapse

MiceChat Forums Retheme

Hello Folks,

Delayed, due to unforeseen circumstances our presentation of "MiceChat Forum Makeover" has been delayed till next weekend.

MiceChat Forums will be going through a design change and much needed update. This update will give a more modern look as well as bring in mobile viewing options. So you may see the forums looking strange as we implement the new look.

Thank you all, and happy MiceChatting!
See more
See less

Photos and Video from 11-16-07 Christmas Parade, Castle Show

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Photos and Video from 12-16-07 Christmas Parade, Castle Show

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    I just don't get why it's only 2 or 3 times a night. It should be every 1/2 hour at least.
    They only did it that way to make you mad. Lol... always gotta be someone in the crowd who bashes anything new.

I love the new castle lighting and am thankful Disney did it! Also it seems more "special" having it happen only a few times a night rather than some cheap Vegas style effect (every half hour). Plus IMO it would seem a little too much having the snow machines all fire up every half hour to match the castle lighting.

Try being thankful, it works wonders.
    Last edited by Wesley815; 11-17-2007, 09:12 AM.
    -Wes

Comment

Wonderful, just wonderful!

Comment

:clap:OHMYGAWD!!!!INCREDIBLE!!!Just when you think DL can't do anything else to shock and awe!!! Amazing!!! We are so excited now for our trip in two weeks that we almost can't sleep! Just one question about the snow.............is is really frozen flakes of water as in snow or is it some other kinds of flakes as in "snow"? Thanks to all of you who were in those crazy wall to wall crowds and brought us these previews!!!:bow:
        sigpicDisneyBroad54

Comment

Originally posted by Wesley815 View Post
          They only did it that way to make you mad. Lol... always gotta be someone in the crowd who bashes anything new.

I love the new castle lighting and am thankful Disney did it! Also it seems more "special" having it happen only a few times a night rather than some cheap Vegas style effect (every half hour). Plus IMO it would seem a little too much having the snow machines all fire up every half hour to match the castle lighting.

Try being thankful, it works wonders.
          That was a pretty snarky reply.:blink: I didn't see his comment as bashing. More of just a question. Settle.

Saw it last night and it was really cool!! And there wasn't anything on the schedule to tell you when that happens. Nice pictures.
          Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
          FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
          I bring the magic!!!
          "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
          Originally posted by Reverend DMother
          Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Originally posted by mycroft16 View Post
            That has got to be the best cast face character ever! She's perfect for that.
            I have to agree but I also think the person they got to play the evil queen from Chronicles of Narnia was superb.

I am so excited about seeing everything at the park. The castle is just wonderful.
            sigpic

Comment

Lovely.

You must have the quickest turnaround time on this site.
              2007 Photos:
              http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
              More 2007 Photos:
              http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
              2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
              http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
              2006 Photos:
              http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

Wow I'm looking at photos from 12/16/07 and it's only 11/17/07. So how is Doc Brown, I haven't seen him and Marty in years, sadly they took out the lab at Universal Studios... I really miss seeing that T-Rex among other things! Good to know that old DeLorian still works. Well let's hope the flux capacitor holds as you blaze a trail at 88 miles per hour! :geek:
                "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

sigpic

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

Comment

Re: Photos and Video from 11-16-07 Christmas Parade, Castle Show

A day at Disneyland puts people into a time warp I guess. I have Road Runner Extreme, the photos took 7 min. to upload and the video took 10 min. to upload. I predict that Sunday will be one of the busiest days Disneyland has seen since Finding Nemo opened.
                  http://chrisaustx.smugmug.com

Comment

Grrrr I wanna see this so badly!
                    I wasn't there but I heard a little bit of the narrations

Comment

I think the show look wonderful and can hardly wait to see it in person. I wish everybody would stop being so critical about this show and just go with the flow. It's a first for Disneyland and I hope that each year just gets better and better, but for a first time effort it's amazing. Does anyone know how long after each show they keep the lighting going on the Castle? Is is just a few minutes, or do they keep it going until about a 1/2 hour before the next show?
                      Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

After the end of the show last night, they did keep the lights on, then right before the next show, it was turned off. A television crew as taping this show, I also think the Disneyland suits and maybe John Lassetter were watching by the Partners statue. The lights were on up until the start of the fireworks show when the castle was completely was turned off.

Comment

All I can say is HURRY UP 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

A question for those who saw it last night, do they still do the fireworks off the castle for the song just after "I'll Be Home For Christmas"? They added them last year and they shoot from the center of the castle (literally) and look like glitter (if that makes sense). If you saw it last year, you'll understand what I'm asking. I wish I knew what song plays but it's timed perfectly to the music and is spectacular to see.

Comment

Everything from 2006 is exactly the same, I wish they would have added more, but last night's show was identical to the changes made last year. They turn off the LED's for the show and use the normal lights for the effects.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisaustx View Post
                                Everything from 2006 is exactly the same, I wish they would have added more, but last night's show was identical to the changes made last year. They turn off the LED's for the show and use the normal lights for the effects.
                                I'm glad to hear they left the changes in. Thanks for sharing your pictures and video! I can't wait to see it for myself.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalCastle View Post
                                  I'm glad to hear they left the changes in. Thanks for sharing your pictures and video! I can't wait to see it for myself.
                                  I was told by friends in the area, "Don't look at the photos and video! Wait til you're here!" But, I couldn't help peeking!! haha! I will be there 2 weeks from today!!! :yea:

Comment

Oh please. Looking at the videos is much better than actually being there.

When you are there, you might not have a good spot, annoying people pushing, shoving, and coughing all over you.

If there's one thing you can count on, it's other people ruining the experience.

This way, you can watch in the privacy of your own home.

(So negative today!)

Although, there is something infectious about the excitement, energy, and spirit of the crowds that really drives the celebration forward !
                                    2007 Photos:
                                    http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                                    More 2007 Photos:
                                    http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                                    2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                                    http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                                    2006 Photos:
                                    http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
                                      I was told by friends in the area, "Don't look at the photos and video! Wait til you're here!" But, I couldn't help peeking!! haha! I will be there 2 weeks from today!!! :yea:
                                      That's great! Will this be your first time seeing the Christmas fireworks?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisaustx View Post

....Awwwww. She loves us!

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Thanks for the great shots and the video Christaustx. I agree that the little kid at the end of the video asking "Can we go now?" is priceless. :lmao: We're all enthralled and the kid wants to get on the rides. Just like my kids last night. Too funny.

Comment

Working...
                                          X