This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photos and Video from 11-16-07 Christmas Parade, Castle Show

I spent the whole day at Disneyland, I took 325 photos, including the castle effects, Christmas Parade, Reindeer, Santa's Reindeer Roundup and lots of Christmas decorations.
    I took video of the 5:30pm castle show, the music is a remake of Illuminaria, as you can tell from the audio, people loved this light show, the kids all are screaming around me.
    the you-tube video is:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AW8rdn2y4ZM

Believe in Holiday Magic was the same as 2006, no real changes.

My album from today:
    http://chrisaustx.smugmug.com/gallery/3841930

Some of my favorites from today:

Last edited by chrisaustx; 11-17-2007, 11:13 AM.

• chrisaustx
    replied
    Re: Photos and Video from 11-16-07 Christmas Parade, Castle Show

You are welcome, I plan to head back to DL tonight to see the castle show again. I wish Disneyland would have made a new Christmas commercial for 2007 incorporating the new snow effect, this is quite a sight to behold.

Leave a comment:

• cpdisneyprincess
    replied

Thank you. Thank you so much for posting the video. This is the first Christmas Season at DL in about - gosh 5 or 6 years - maybe longer that I won't make. And I won't be back in the park for another 2 or 3 years...So I sat here and cried like a little baby watching the video. :gladsad: It's very beautiful! Thanks for sharing. ANd your pictures are all outstanding!

Leave a comment:

• 1FoolishMortal
    replied

^ Hehe, anytime.

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

And thank you, 1FoolishMortal for that wonderful holiday singalong video on YouTube. "Look, Alice. A pole for you to dance on!"

Leave a comment:

• 1FoolishMortal
    replied

I'm VERY happy the show doesn't have ANY references to the YOMD.

I'd rather not have heard this:

"If you wish with all your heart, the Year of a Million Dreams presented by the Disneyland Resort can make it snow for you. Now look to the skies and dream!"

Yeah, that would've gone over well.

Leave a comment:

• imagineerthat
    replied

The castle light show is amazing, it's weird though how during the Year of a Million Dreams they would use the word "wish" in the dialouge when it could have easily been "dream"

Leave a comment:

• Sir.Mouse
    replied

is it me but, the moment when the kid sings "i wish" then is interrupted by his mother sounds vary into the woods.

Leave a comment:

• mouseinphilly
    replied

A pushmipullyu reindeer?

Great googily moogily, inspired by Dr. Doolittle? And NOT the Eddie Murphy travestshamockery from a few years ago? Photoshop that one, STAT!

Leave a comment:

• pratt55
    replied

I must be more tired than I thought because the first time I looked at this picture I thought it was a 2 headed reindeer.:lol: Great pictures and video, two more weeks and I will get to see it for myself.

Leave a comment:

• jsdmn2
    replied

Thank you so much for all that pic snapping and taping, chrisaustx! Just beautiful! And it was fun seeing Giselle out.

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

Very beautiful thanks. Im going tomorrow

Leave a comment:

• chrisaustx
    replied

Yes, the little kid saying at the end "can we go" now is classic, I think the family was on their way to a ride when the show started. I can't wait to go back to Disneyland again to see this again. But I don't want to deal with the Christmas sized crowded, boy the place was packed last night:
    Last edited by chrisaustx; 11-17-2007, 02:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Originally posted by CrystalCastle View Post
    That's great! Will this be your first time seeing the Christmas fireworks?
    No, we've been there at Christmas, and were there last Christmas. I just can't wait to see the new castle decor and just be at DL again! It's our 19th wedding anniversary week, which is why we're coming down!!!!!!!!!!! :yea:

Leave a comment:

• Mac Daddy
    replied

Thanks for the great shots and the video Christaustx. I agree that the little kid at the end of the video asking "Can we go now?" is priceless. :lmao: We're all enthralled and the kid wants to get on the rides. Just like my kids last night. Too funny.

Leave a comment:

• Sambo
    replied

Originally posted by chrisaustx View Post

....Awwwww. She loves us!

Leave a comment:

• CrystalCastle
    replied

Originally posted by I Heart Disneyland View Post
    I was told by friends in the area, "Don't look at the photos and video! Wait til you're here!" But, I couldn't help peeking!! haha! I will be there 2 weeks from today!!! :yea:
    That's great! Will this be your first time seeing the Christmas fireworks?

Leave a comment:

• Pisces
    replied

Oh please. Looking at the videos is much better than actually being there.

When you are there, you might not have a good spot, annoying people pushing, shoving, and coughing all over you.

If there's one thing you can count on, it's other people ruining the experience.

This way, you can watch in the privacy of your own home.

(So negative today!)

Although, there is something infectious about the excitement, energy, and spirit of the crowds that really drives the celebration forward !

Leave a comment:

• I Heart Disneyland
    replied

Originally posted by CrystalCastle View Post
    I'm glad to hear they left the changes in. Thanks for sharing your pictures and video! I can't wait to see it for myself.
    I was told by friends in the area, "Don't look at the photos and video! Wait til you're here!" But, I couldn't help peeking!! haha! I will be there 2 weeks from today!!! :yea:

Leave a comment:

• CrystalCastle
    replied

Originally posted by chrisaustx View Post
    Everything from 2006 is exactly the same, I wish they would have added more, but last night's show was identical to the changes made last year. They turn off the LED's for the show and use the normal lights for the effects.
    I'm glad to hear they left the changes in. Thanks for sharing your pictures and video! I can't wait to see it for myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X