X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11/16 Pics & Commentary

A FEW NOTES
    Click here for all the pictures

And in other news, Disney has a new princess it's welcomed to its magic kingdom. Welcome to the party Giselle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=http:...?v=AMLuwjH__vY

I enjoyed watching and listening to Believe...In Holiday Magic again. I strongly disagree with anyone who says the show is inferior because of its time length and that Remember is just a blowout show to end all shows. Believe the original and the holiday version are still the better shows to me because the atmosphere they create and leave you with at the end of the night are the perfect endings to a Disney day and not just a show of soundbytes meant to make you wow at isolated cool pyro effects.

But to make it better, there were definitely cool pyro effects anyways =D. I shot video that ended up being deleted, but I plan on taping 5 or so performances and doing an edit. There aren't any changes to the soundtrack and show other than the narrator. For whatever reason Disney swapped out the elderly woman for the narrator who's done work in the past as the blue fairy voice in Wishes, the narrator in Luminaria, and the narrator in Imagine...Fantasy in the sky for a couple of weeks before they yanked her out and replaced her because(in my opinion) it sounded blech. I'm honestly hoping the same thing happens here and they pull her and perhaps put back the original voice(assuming it wasn't removed for business or personal reasons on her part although i can't imagine why they would have taken her out if it wasn't that).

As for the whole snowfall.. I don't think they played it out like they described it would be.. I don't really like the repeat mother/child thing multiple times prior to the fireworks. It'd be cool to gradually build on the moment and slowly the castle becomes chillier and chillier before the big snowfall at the end of the fireworks. But instead if just snows twice with the same show before the fireworks and then again afterwards. I think that's what they originally intended to be going for but it doesn't look like that much was pulled off anyways. I was very confused at the end of believe when nothing was different about the show seeing how the press release said there'd be new music and the indications that there'd be stuff added to the end. Roh well. I still love the show itself =D

Lastly, I was staring at the castle some and realizing a few things. If they're going to put this fresh layer of snow on the castle, they should've repainted the matterhorn's snow. That's one isolated snowstorm. =P And I think it'd be cool to "freeze over" the moat and other waterways around main street so that it's ice, maybe set up some snowmen along the banks, characters could ice skate, lots of cool wintery possibilities so that it's not just a castle with light-up snow.

Anyways....

Well there it is, the whole reason we came to the park tonight.

Decorations were up all around main street and the hub including the vehicles

The entire season had begun, so the holiday entertainment was out as if it were christmas day.

The castle is its own little snowy abode during the day

It's a shame main street isn't still full of woods and parkways that could be covered in snow as well... back when the castle looked like it was in the middle of an enchanted wilderness this would've been amazing.

And of course at night

Just a mild trip report here. I'll be recording plenty of shots for various videos and posting edits in my usual spots.
    Last edited by almandot; 11-17-2007, 03:41 AM.

Re: 11/16 Pics & Commentary

Someone is up awfully late posting his trip report!

Thanks for the great photos and video, almandot.
    Rick

Comment

Now next year, from the rumors of MiceChat's famous Armchair Imagineering Department, I've heard reports that say Main Street will also be decorated with a snow layout.

Comment

Nice pics

Comment

awesome pictures

thanks!!

Comment

the castle looks AMAZING!!!!!!

thanks for this update! and glad to see princess giselle become a part of the disney princesses. she's amongst good company.
            kingdom hearts <3er

Comment

Re: 11/16 Pics &amp; Commentary

The Castle at night looks so beautiful and amazing indeed. :love: Great pictures altogether too, Almandot. Thanks for sharing with us.
              Hayley B. - MiceChat's very own Delawarean. :bow:

Join MiceChat Gold.

Comment

Good Pictures! LOVE how the castle looks at night!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
                MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE

Comment

Oooooh...............LOVE THE CASTLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Someone in another post about the Castle Show mentioned that they had some problems with the lighting and that's why the shows were the same. Each show is supposed to be different so lets hope they get that little problem taken care of soon. Thanks for the pictures, they are great.
                    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

Thanks for the pictures! And the video of Giselle, too. I could've swore I heard a little girl scream "GISELLE!" but maybe that was just me, hehe.

As for Believe, it was never supposed to get new music in the first place. DLR Marketing originally sent out a press release that was very confusing and did make it sound like Believe was getting new music. However, it didn't mention the castle show and overall people seemed very confused. About a week later, they finally yanked that press release and replaced it with a new one that was worded MUCH better. It stated that the castle show would be featuring the new music, and Believe would be staying the same.
                      "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

Originally posted by 1FoolishMortal View Post
                        the castle show would be featuring the new music, and Believe would be staying the same.
                        ...except for the new narrator? Or, did the new narrator start last year? I liked the old narrator with the creaky voice. Much more authentic.
                        2007 Photos:
                        http://s530.photobucket.com/albums/dd345/Pisceslibra/Disneyland%20Christmas%202007/?start=all
                        More 2007 Photos:
                        http://www.flickr.com/photos/pisceslibra/sets/72157606706412381/
                        2007 UPDATED Trip Report:
                        http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/trip_report_photos_dec_2007-102026.html
                        2006 Photos:
                        http://pisces.smugmug.com/gallery/2307689/11/120769200#120769200_T5KyJ

Comment

Originally posted by Pisces View Post
                          ...except for the new narrator? Or, did the new narrator start last year? I liked the old narrator with the creaky voice. Much more authentic.
                          The press release only talked about the music, it didn't mention anything about a new narrator. I don't really consider that a huge change for the show, though I do miss the old narrator, too. Disney always makes the mistake of using this lady and then they end up redoing it. She doesn't have any warmth to her voice, which the old narrator had. It's too forced.

Though, it does make sense why they changed it. It joins all of the shows that occur throughout the night into one large story, which I like. When the holiday version of Believe first debuted, there was an audio-only preshow where the "grandma" talked to her "grandchild" about the usually holiday sappy stuff. I'm not quite sure when it was pulled, but I know it didn't last for more than a few years, if that. The original Believe also had a similar preshow which was pulled as well. That's why, in the soundtrack, you hear the little boy saying, "I wish I never had to leave this magical place...place...place..." *shudder*

Sorry, couldn't avoid an involuntary shudder. :blush:
                          "Keep Moving Forward."

Comment

The castle looks absolutely amazing. I love it. Seeing Giselle was also cool!
                            sigpic
                            Home away from Home.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X