Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Summer Solo Trip - 6/10/18

Gratitude:
    * To wonderful MiceChat posters and staff who share planning tips and ideas.
    * To other websites that helped me pick a less crowded day (avoided Grad Night) and helped me see ride wait times.
    * To my Husband, for allowing me this solo trip (he is just not a big crowd or theme park guy).
    Transportation:
    * Amtrak Pacific Surfliner from San Diego to Anaheim & ART shuttle #15 to Disneyland
    * Hooray: Gorgeous ocean views. No traffic stress. Snacks and restrooms available.
    Hotel
    * Fairfield Inn - only seven minute walk to the park! $90 cheaper than Best Western Plus Park Place Inn.
    * Hooray: Friendly service. Clean remodeled rooms. Comfy bed. Big TV and refrigerator in the room. Microwaves available on the 3rd floor.
    * Note: Lots of road noise for rooms on back of hotel, but A/C was also loud so it covered the road noise
    Food
    * In Disneyland - Chimichanga, Piece of Plaza Inn Chicken, Dole Whip (shorter line inside by Tiki waiting area.) All very yummy!
    * Downtown Disney - Carmel Corn. Fantastic!
    * Near Hotel - Mimi's, Panera, and McDonalds. Very convenient.
    Disneyland Summer Perks:
    * All attractions open and running. I rode/saw 15 attractions! I enjoyed Fantasmic and Fireworks!
    * Longer hours - 8:00 a.m. to Midnight. I took a 4 hour rest/dinner break from 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. . . I'm a grandma.
    * Lots of entertainment and characters roaming about. I saw Minnie as I was leaving at 11:45 p.m.!
    * Weather high was about 80, but I stayed cool. Rode most rides early morning and late evening. Found shady areas easily.
    Solo Thoughts:
    * In my career I care for lots of people . . . so having a day to just roam, ride, eat and rest when I want is DIVINE. Try it!

Glad you had fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Mumzi View Post
      Gratitude:
      * In my career I care for lots of people . . . so having a day to just roam, ride, eat and rest when I want is DIVINE. Try it!
      Glad you a great time......

Just way I feel , when I take the Amtrak Pacific Surfliner ,to San Diego
      Gorgeous ocean views !
      also great, just get away and relax............with many place's to enjoy
      and lot's place's to eat ,with hotel next to SD Bay.......
      and always meeting new Friends !

Last edited by Eagleman; 06-12-2018, 06:38 PM.
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

That sounds wonderful! I have gone solo before and have had a few moments where I started feeling a little lonely, but when that happened, there were always some friendly APs nearby who gladly chatted me up. They are like Disney family, and they're wonderful people. Otherwise, yes, the freedom to come and go as you like, to set your own pace, and to dine as you wish is so freeing, and I'm glad you got to experience this.

Comment

We've stayed at that Fairfield Inn the last three times we've been. It's a great spot to stay, and especially fun at the top floors where you can see into the parks. You can even see the flash photos being taken on Splash Mountain.

Comment

Love my Solo Trips....I can see and do more......
            Great Experience
            Last edited by Eagleman; 06-16-2018, 01:49 PM.
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
            X