Disney Hotel Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Disney Hotel Question

I'm planning to go to Disneyland July 15-16th and the husband only wants to stay in a Disney hotel, preferably the grand Californian. I've been looking at all the discount hotel websites but they're the exact same rate as going through the Disney website at that date. I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is there any way I don't see to get a deal? I heard calling the actual hotel and asking if there's any discounted rates is the best way to go but I'm not sure how real that information is. Whatever suggestions help. Just trying to see if I can save a quick buck.

I have actually found calling is either the same price or on occasion even higher. Generally, I have found Disneyland's website the cheapest. Occasionally, Orbitz is lower.
    If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

There is not a single way that is guaranteed to get you the best rate every time. The best thing to do is to do your research at the various travel sites(Expedia, Kayak, Orbitz..) as well as Disney, and if you have AAA they may be a good option as well.

From what I have seen calling the location directly tends to work more with the major chain hotels who may have various prices at different sites. Where if you call the hotel directly and say you found a better price for they may match or beat it. I'm not sure how much luck you will have in calling them directly, but there is no harm in doing so as the worst thing that would happen is you find you can't get a better rate. Just have all your research done before you call them so you have a base to compare against.

Comment

-Try Orbitz/Expedia, as their prices are usually the same as official prices, but you can apply the frequent 10-15% off coupons they have.

-www.getawaytoday.com sells Disney hotels cheaper than official prices; the only catch is that their cancellation policy is not as lenient, unless you pay extra for a protection plan

-If at least one of you is 60 or older, you qualify for a 30% off senior discount. You have to call and ask for this. You can also try calling and asking whether there are general promotions, ones for locals, ones for military, etc. Disney Visa and AP holders sometimes get discounts too. Mousesavers.com has a great list of sources.

Comment

I thought DL Resort stopped the Senior discount a number of years ago. We used to use it every year for the GCH.. until they stopped giving it I think around 2012 because of abuse. Locals were having GrandMa or some relative book the rooms..They still have the Military discount

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
            -Try Orbitz/Expedia, as their prices are usually the same as official prices, but you can apply the frequent 10-15% off coupons they have.

-www.getawaytoday.com sells Disney hotels cheaper than official prices; the only catch is that their cancellation policy is not as lenient, unless you pay extra for a protection plan

-If at least one of you is 60 or older, you qualify for a 30% off senior discount. You have to call and ask for this. You can also try calling and asking whether there are general promotions, ones for locals, ones for military, etc. Disney Visa and AP holders sometimes get discounts too. Mousesavers.com has a great list of sources.
            They no longer offer a senior discount. They do offer for military.
            If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post

They no longer offer a senior discount. They do offer for military.
              Bummer... Well, it was good while it lasted.

Comment

Working...
              X