Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fastpass Return Times

Aloha,
    According to Dusty's latest DL update, the Fastpass Return Times remain very challenging. I was hoping Disney would have gotten this fixed prior to the busy summer season. Does anyone have any insight on what is causing the problem (too many fastpasses being issued?) and what Disney is doing to fix it? This is really troubling.

My guess is this isn't a problem or they would easily fix it. It's more like:

X number of guests complain Space Mountain Fastpasses go too quickly
    Disney adds a few thousand more fastpasses, creating longer FP return lines in the process

Comment

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post
      My guess is this isn't a problem or they would easily fix it. It's more like:

X number of guests complain Space Mountain Fastpasses go too quickly
      Disney adds a few thousand more fastpasses, creating longer FP return lines in the process
      I think is going get worst.........imo
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Part of the problem is that people don't read the rules carefully, and this causes bottlenecks. Sprinkle in a few people who try to arrive early or late. What I have noticed is that they have one CM sorting out the issue while the line forms behind them. Each station should have 1-2 extra CMs who can take that person aside and fix their problem, and let the line move.

Comment

Just a wee bit of insight: We are contemplating removing the Fastpass system. It will cut down on maintenance, labor and complaints about the Fastpass system. We'll just open up more entry points to each attraction. Nothing definite yet, and if it does happen, it won't be until sometime mid to late 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by armyknife View Post
            Just a wee bit of insight: We are contemplating removing the Fastpass system. It will cut down on maintenance, labor and complaints about the Fastpass system. We'll just open up more entry points to each attraction. Nothing definite yet, and if it does happen, it won't be until sometime mid to late 2019.
            Think about the number of people that could be put back into the Indy Que.

Comment

Always appreciate seeing your posts armyknife and I do hope it comes to removing fastpass as it just creates bigger lines and ruins the fun and relaxation.

Comment

This is not going to happen. Disney has invested millions, and they make money off of it with MaxPass. They will make more money when they start selling Magic Bands and offering advance FASTPASS reservations to hotel guests.

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                  This is not going to happen. Disney has invested millions, and they make money off of it with MaxPass. They will make more money when they start selling Magic Bands and offering advance FASTPASS reservations to hotel guests.
                  I agree. In addition the the direct stream of revenue via MaxPass (and it could be argued that the system as a whole is justifying higher ticket prices), Fastpass as a system, actually saves them far more money in attraction development costs Iver the long term. Several attractions that would have functionally hit their end of life, can be kept relevant just by controlling their wait times. This of how many more people sit down to take in the Enchanted Tiki Room, while waiting for their Indy Fastpass window. Without Fastpass several of those smaller attractions would shutter, as most folks would need to dedicate more time to waiting for the top ten attractions.

Someone also made the comment that they would be able to fit so many more people in the Indy queue without Fastpass... But... Who is to say that people today, in a post Fastpass world, would even bother waiting in a 60+ minute standby wait for Indiana Jones? Is it even still worth an hour long wait to locals who have been on it hundreds of times?

Comment

I find that what causes such a bottleneck with Space Mountain is when one attraction does down and people within that time frame receive a multiple experience pass and decide to use it for Space. I think they need to extend the space line to the entrance to create less confusion on which is the FP and which is standby.
                    Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post
                      You'll see. What is really intriquing, is when someone says "never happen", then it usually does happen. And, no, we didn't spend (we didn't invest) "millions" on MaxPass.

Comment

You'll see. What is really intriquing, is when someone says "never happen", then it usually does happen. And, no, we didn't spend (we didn't invest) "millions" on MaxPass.
                        I never said Disney spent millions on MaxPass. It was implied that I was referring to FASTPASS, which they did spend millions on.

Once the new hotel opens, you will see the implementation of a West Coast version of MyMagic+ for hotel guests. It's going to happen. There is too much money to be made, and they are not going to leave it on the table.

Right now guests can easily pay $600/nt for a standard room at the Grand Californian. Can you imagine how much more they could charge if they gave guests the ability to reserve FASTPASSES in advance during their stay?

FASTPASS = $$$. MaxPass = $$$$. West Coast MyMagic+ = $$$$$$$$$$$$.

You can take this post to the bank, much like the additional money Disney will be taking to the bank soon.

Comment

This doesn't sound legit is imagine the complaints from guests would be way more than whatever complaints that come in now. The more obvious move is to make it a paid only service. Eliminating the free version may get rid of some issues with the lines and if it doesn't Disney gets more money out of it.
                          These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                          My company had a special night at the park
                          WdW trip report with WWoHP
                          NYE 2011 trip report
                          Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                          Leap year 24 hour report
                          New DCA trip report
                          NYE 2012
                          HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

This doesn't sound legit is imagine the complaints from guests would be way more than whatever complaints that come in now. The more obvious move is to make it a paid only service. Eliminating the free version may get rid of some issues with the lines and if it doesn't Disney gets more money out of it.
                            ....... Disney going to paid only service- Eliminating the free version.
                            That why ,I always felt Fass Pass and Max Pass is more a curse .....IMO
                            and yes there will be a special Disney hotel guests version.
                            Last edited by Eagleman; 06-16-2018, 04:25 PM.
                            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
                            X