Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is taking so long to get news about Marvel land?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What is taking so long to get news about Marvel land?

I asked this question in light of the big news coming out of Tokyo that DisneySea is getting three additional lands for 2022 and that will cost a total of $2.4 billion (I implore anyone who has never been to TDR, do yourself a favor, save for the next four years and visit that park! It will blow your mind, especially with the announcement of the additions). But since this page is all things DLR I'm wondering now what is the hold up and how come we have not seen anything about the Marvel land coming to DCA in supposedly two years?

Its a little weird with all the crazy announcements happening worldwide that we are getting in-depth concept art for lands that are much farther away. HKDL released plans for their Marvel land over a year ago now and that won't be finished until 2023. Its Frozen land will arrive in 2021 and they have even updated changes to it with the roller coaster. DLPR has shown concept art of its SWL, Frozen and also Marvel land all going to WDSP and the soonest of the three will open is 2021.

And yet, oddly a Marvel land was announced here and may open the soonest after HKDL and yet still crickets. I know with Galaxy Edge consuming all the interest it may take a backseat but how have we not seen a piece of concept art for a land that is only two years away? All we been told is that an Avengers and Spider-Man ride is coming and nothing else. Not even a release date of which one will come first, much less any concept to how the rides will work or how it will fit into ABL.

Do you think Disney is waiting for some big media event to announce these plans? Or maybe they are still not quite sure what those plans are? I have a hard time believing the latter but things do change. I literally drool looking at all the things coming to Disney fans worldwide over the next five years, it is an embarrassment of riches. Hopefully it will come sooner than later now.

Any thing to do with Marvel and Information , big media event to announce of any plans
    ,would most likely come from San Diego Comic-Con InternationalFan convention .
    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Actually someone on another site said Marvel isn't going to be at CC this year but I did think about that. I guess there is the next D-23 but wouldn't they already be working on land by then?

Comment

Originally posted by Fctiger View Post
        Actually someone on another site said Marvel isn't going to be at CC this year but I did think about that. I guess there is the next D-23 but wouldn't they already be working on land by then?
        WHAT? ? ?Marvel isn't going to be at San Diego Comic-Con ?
        That surprising to me..........what the reason ?
        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

WHAT? ? ?Marvel isn't going to be at San Diego Comic-Con ?
          That surprising to me..........what the reason ?
          They aren't there every year. They missed one in 2015 as well. My guess is they don't want to give anything away for Avengers 4 and don't want to officially release the names of anymore movies until after that one airs.

Comment

They aren't there every year. They missed one in 2015 as well. My guess is they don't want to give anything away for Avengers 4 and don't want to officially release the names of anymore movies until after that one airs.
            I not one into Marvel , nor Comic-Con .........
            But still surprising to me
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Well they always do D-23 at least, which I think Disney cares more about. Thats where I always see them. I never been to CC personally.

Comment

I just know ,San Diego Comic-Con happens............
                It not good time , to be in San Diego........................lol
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Disney monetizes everything- including big announcements. They need to justify the ticket price for D23, and I’m certain they are saving whatever they can to announce at that event. I can’t blame them... but after awhile it starts to feel like a constant money grab. I feel the same way about the max pass and it robs a lot of the magic from the Disney experience.

Comment

Originally posted by MonteJ View Post
                    Disney monetizes everything- including big announcements. They need to justify the ticket price for D23, and I’m certain they are saving whatever they can to announce at that event. I can’t blame them... but after awhile it starts to feel like a constant money grab. I feel the same way about the max pass and it robs a lot of the magic from the Disney experience.
                    I AGREE...........leave your wallet in your pocket.......and watch out !
                    LOLDisney is around on ever corner .
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by MonteJ View Post
                      But isn't the next D-23 next year after GE opens? I normally would agree but I imagine they would have to start building way before then for it to open in 2020 unless they are thinking winter 2020.

And I don't mind that they make announces at D-23 and stuff like that. Its not like the rest of us isn't going to hear it two minutes after its announced online. They are just announcements but they still make plenty of regular announcements online like they just did with the Tokyo additions. So I'm hoping we DON'T have to wait until D-23.

Comment

Disney fans keep equating what "Disney" does in Japan with what "Disney" does in the U.S., as if they're the same company.

They're not.

The reason TDR has what DLR does not is that the executives of the Oriental Land Company, which owns and operates TDR and TDS, don't have the risk-averse, Wall Street-focused, penny-pinching, in-the-box-thinking, revolving-door-promoting, corporate culture that TDB, TDA, and TDO have.

"With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                        Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                        imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
                        until Thor told it to me."
                        -
                        Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony
                        narrated by Chris Hemsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
                          Disney fans keep equating what "Disney" does in Japan with what "Disney" does in the U.S., as if they're the same company.

They're not.

The reason TDR has what DLR does not is that the executives of the Oriental Land Company, which owns and operates TDR and TDS, don't have the risk-averse, Wall Street-focused, penny-pinching, in-the-box-thinking, revolving-door-promoting, corporate culture that TDB, TDA, and TDO have.

I guess you didn't read my OP close enough, they also released info in Hong Kong and Paris as well which is also partly owned by Disney. In Paris case, completely owned by them now.

And they already announced Marvel is coming so its too late to be risk averse. They showed off Carsland five years before it opened to a failing park. This is Marvel, what exactly is the risk at this point?

Comment

And they already announced Marvel is coming so its too late to be risk averse.
                            Buying Marvel and Star Wars is the very definition of "risk averse." There is little risk of losing money when you buy IPs that have been developed and marketed by someone else, and which have been proven successes for decades, and which come complete with humongous consumer bases.

And no, Chapek'$ Cheapout$ -- the inheritance of the Eisner and Iger regimes -- don't call the shots in Japan. It shows in everything OLC management does -- and everything DLR management doesn't.
                            "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
                            Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
                            imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

"I didn't know the story of baby Jesus could be any better,
                            until Thor told it to me."
                            -
                            Young girl at Disneyland's 2017 Candlelight Ceremony
                            narrated by Chris Hemsworth

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Buying Marvel and Star Wars is the very definition of "risk averse." There is little risk of losing money when you buy IPs that have been developed and marketed by someone else, and which have been proven successes for decades, and which come complete with humongous consumer bases.
                              None of that has anything to do with this. I get it you don't like Disney management. Everyone understands that. That has zero to do with this topic,.

Comment

I would say Comic Con. They will likely still have some Marvel events/panels(like for the Netflix TV Series. Keep in mind, the original report of them skipping CC was before Infinty War was released.
                                That being said Marvel can not be in a complete Radio Silence, as they will need to release a Teaser Trailer for Captain Marvel, in time for Ant Man and the Wasp.

Back to the focus of Marvel Land. I expect it won't be announce until Pixar Pier opens, as the focus is on the Pier. It's quite possible that the land is still being developed at last minute and may not be finalized.

And whether, Chapek is to blame(or not) for the lack of info, Disney may delay the project, depending on how the Fox Merger goes. If Fox vote yes for the deal, the land may be delayed to add X-Men and/or Fantastic 4 into the land. It could also be delayed/canceled for financial reasons, as Disney might need to raise there bet against NBCComcastUniversal(Too long of a name!)

Extreme worst case scenario, is that if NCU wins, and they add the new Marvel properties into Universal Orlando.

Comment

Or they have learned a lesson about releasing info too early from this summers drop in attendance. Both US resorts are about to open two “new” lands this summer and yet attendance is down. Know why? Because everyone and their mother knows SWGE is opening next year and is holding off going till then. DL has already given more info on Marvel land then most parks who will not announce anything until construction is well under way. Don’t expect any other new info until late summer 2019.

Comment

It could also be that they're still at the drawing board for Marvel. They may be taking some of the responses fans have had to Infinity War and seeing if they want to alter the land accordingly. Maybe there will be something dedicated solely to the Dora Milaje. What a great attraction for girls to learn about being strong, capable women!

Comment

Maybe they are simply pacing themselves so as not to cannibalize their releases. Too many announcements at once numbs your audience.

Comment

I think they have captured people's attention pretty well with Pixar Pier and that it was meant to be an initial hook to give people more reason to go to DCA when things get too crazy at Disneyland. I doubt that (regardless of any original plans) they'll have much, if any, Marvel to show off in DCA before SWGE opens. Maybe they'll have more specific Marvel announcements before then, but even if they put up construction walls now, they'd barely be able to complete more than some overlays between now and when SWGE opens. There is no way that they are going to close down more of of DCA while they're already doing construction on Pixar Pier, and there is no way that they are going to close any significant portion of DCA, for long enough to build any new attractions, once SWGE is open.
                                        Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Working...
                                        X