Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matterhorn down July 30 - Fall 2018, will they finally fix it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post

I never realized this, I loved the wind sound and roars that would play. Had no idea this was removed.
    They weren’t removed, just changed. We lost the old iconic roar we knew so well in favor of more realistic howls. Personally I’ll take the upgraded yetis with the new roar over the old one. Even though I still miss the old one.
    Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post

I never realized this, I loved the wind sound and roars that would play. Had no idea this was removed.
      This was changed in 2015 with the Harold animatronics.

Comment

I loved the audio that played upon entering the cave through the ice caverns. The wind, the clickety clack of the tracks, the growl, the glistening of the ice are you careened around it.

Comment

According the schedule on the Disneyland website, on November 16, the Matterhorn is no longer on the refurb list.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
            I loved the audio that played upon entering the cave through the ice caverns. The wind, the clickety clack of the tracks, the growl, the glistening of the ice are you careened around it.
            You do realize that the clickety-clack of the tracks is real and not part of the audio soundtrack. Right?
            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

You do realize that the clickety-clack of the tracks is real and not part of the audio soundtrack. Right?
              Now it's just the clicking clack of people's spines cracking. haha!
              Last edited by Starcade; 10-17-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

Yep. I realize now I threw it in there with the effects, so I can see how I looked confused. lol

Now it's just the clicking clack of of people spines cracking. haha!
                No kidding.. And the knees!

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post

Now it's just the clicking clack of people's spines cracking. haha!
                  I've received quite a lower-back 'adjustment', myself, from a bobsled that was barely moving then lurched forward.
                  Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

The new queue area is looking nice (as visible from the monorail and Fresh Baked Disney updates). I wonder if they’ll add any “story” elements into the queue, as they did for the FP area when they added FP.

Newspaper clippings and artifacts from the “1978 expedition” would be a great touch, and go a long way in setting up the suspense and backstory...

Comment

I saw on Reddit this morning that it is going down again in the new year to finish it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Disneyland/...ou_matterhorn/

Comment

Originally posted by kalimouse View Post
                        I saw on Reddit this morning that it is going down again in the new year to finish it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Disneyland/...ou_matterhorn/
                        Ok, this is getting ridiculous. The ride was down for nearly 4 months, and they're still needing additional time to fix the queues?

I'm not trying to sound ungrateful. And, I am glad that management is spending $ to fix the area and the ride. BUT, they have TWO STATIONS, meaning they can work on one station, while the other station is open! Then flip the construction, do any patching, and the ride will be spared from another extended closure!

End rant

Comment

Assuming it's true... I think this is a combination of Disney putting all their resources in finishing parking and SW:GE in time for its opening... and the usual current Disney habit of dilly-dallying on renovation.

Comment

One comment from an alleged CM, on Reddit, is hardly something to consider reliable info. Even if the info is reliable, the commenter didn't say how long that the Matterhorn queue would be closed for in January. It could be closed for a matter of a couple of days, for as little as we know. It looks like they are working on expanding the entire queue and create a completely new entrance for the queue, so I don't know how well the idea of closing just half of the queue at a time would work.
                            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Working...
                            X