Downtown Disney Bag Check

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downtown Disney Bag Check

With all the changes, have they moved the DTD Bag Check?

We are planning to go toCatal or dinner next week and it would be most convenient (I think) to park in the DTD parking.
    Thanks

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

As of 7/5/18, the one closest to ESPNzone was still there. Parking in the north DTD parking lot was greatly reduced however, due to construction fences and trailers being erected in the parking lot. If I remember I'll take another look this week.

Comment

Did they use the handicapped parking areas?
      -
      What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

Comment

Looked at the north side last night, parking is still available as of last night (7/12), and no, they are not blocking the handicap parking. In fact I heard one of the contractors talking with a security guy about how they were getting in trouble if they parked in any of the handicap spots. That said, there is a lot going on in DTD construction-wise. They are working on everything on the north side from the Naples restaurant all the way down to where Build-A-Bear used to be and there's a fence covers that entire stretch with only one shop still open that I noticed. This was all happening at 12:30 am. Naples is still open but you have to enter from their new patio area (which is very nice). On the south side, everything on the Catal side (starting at Catal and going west to that gallery across from the Jazz Kitchen Express, was blocked off by a barricade (not a tall fence) and workers were putting down plastic like they were going to be painting or something. It might be a good idea to call Catal and ask about the time frame you're planning to visit.

Parking on the south side is also open and that security check point remains in service as well. As has been discussed in other threads, the businesses between the Lego store and the hotels are all closed now.

Comment

Parking and bag check were open on Thursday. My question (that has probably plagued people for ages) is why don't they have a line for people without bags? I saw some lady get absolutely irate that she had to stand in a long line in the hot sun for, as she put it, "the privilege of shopping at Disney". She was mad enough that she turned around and left. It seems to me that Disney should make an express lane at that particular entrance to cater to those not going to the parks, but want to enter to eat or shop.
          DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16
          DW Trips: '08
          International parks: Some day...

Comment

Originally posted by DrAlice View Post
            Parking and bag check were open on Thursday. My question (that has probably plagued people for ages) is why don't they have a line for people without bags? I saw some lady get absolutely irate that she had to stand in a long line in the hot sun for, as she put it, "the privilege of shopping at Disney". She was mad enough that she turned around and left. It seems to me that Disney should make an express lane at that particular entrance to cater to those not going to the parks, but want to enter to eat or shop.
            There is a "No-Bag" line at the Transportation Plaza on the Harbor Blvd side. Don't know why there isn't one added for the DtD side and I'm not sure if they have a "No-Bag" line at M&F.

The world is a treasure trove of places.
            The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
            Indy Ride Count: 2211
            World of Color Count: 74

Comment

Originally posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post

There is a "No-Bag" line at the Transportation Plaza on the Harbor Blvd side. Don't know why there isn't one added for the DtD side and I'm not sure if they have a "No-Bag" line at M&F.
              Seriously? How did I miss that!?!??! Well, hard to tell what's going on in the crush of bodies trying to get through security.
              DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12, '14, '15, '16
              DW Trips: '08
              International parks: Some day...

Comment

I don't know about the other checkpoints but on the Harbor Side the "No Bag" line is not always available. It tends to be open in the morning only during the initial rush. When it is open it will be the center check-point.

Sometimes a CM will go down the line telling people if they have no bags they can go down the center, but if they don't do that it is really hard to tell if it is open. But to get through to it you will often have to work your way through a lot of people.

When they say "no bag" they mean it. You need to have absolutely no bags not even a small bag around your waist, keep in mind they also mean no strollers or wheelchairs basically anything with wheels. Even if you made it through waited in the no bag line, when you get to the front they will turn you away, which I have seen happen. This helps keeping that line really short and fast moving.

Comment

On the hotel side, there is usually a "No Bags Line" when the lines become over 5 mins. It rarely happens. Only really early AM have I had to wait more than 5 mins and there was a no bag line then.
                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                  X