Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

Wow....thats pretty cool! I used to use paint to do stuff like this, but never THAT detailed. I should dust off the ole' paint program and have some fun with it

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
    For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
      Hey, any progress with the castle lately?
      Sadly, no. :blush: I'm at an enroads right now: if I keep going, it's pretty much only really difficult stuff from here on out. It scares me. A lot. I really want to keep going, but every time I think about it, I think "... maybe not right now...". This is a hurdle that I must overcome. *I think I can; I think I can; I think I can; I think I can*

Originally posted by aaronpaulcustoms View Post
      Wow....thats pretty cool! I used to use paint to do stuff like this, but never THAT detailed. I should dust off the ole' paint program and have some fun with it
      Thanks so much! I really like using paint. It's more time consuming than the more popular programs out there, but you can still accomplish some pretty amazing things. And, it's (in basic terms and functions, anyways) much easier to use, too. You should get back into it!

And of course, now with this talking about it, I'm kinda thinking about working on it some now. Darn you motivational forces for moving me out of my nice, comfortable rut! :rant:

:razz: )

Comment

Darn you motivational forces for moving me out of my nice, comfortable rut!
        I know the feeling. ) Can't wait to see more work.

Comment

I know the feeling. ) Can't wait to see more work.
          :razz:

Comment

--UPDATE--

You wanted to see some progress? Well, feast your eyes on this:

I started working at about the time of my last post^ and just finished a couple minutes ago; I added a new roof section.

There's also some new, minor details, that I had added some time ago. The changes just weren't enough to warrant posting a new shot (at the time).
            Last edited by dland_lover; 12-29-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Very nice painstaking work! I'm continually impressed. Keep it up!

Comment

I never realized you could make such detailed pictures in paint. Everything looks really awesome so far, but it's going to be nothing compared to my Disneyland in 1D

Comment

Everyone here is so creative! I wish I could do something like that! Great Job!

Dreams DO come true! :ap:

Comment

Very nice painstaking work! I'm continually impressed. Keep it up!
                    This was one of the easier sections. I could do some copying and pasting to get some of the details put in, and then put in the roof tile pattern. In fact, the tile pattern there was what took the longest to do. I had to have each section of the pattern not only be the same dimensions, but they had to fit together perfectly, which was actually more difficult than you might imagine. But, I did it!! :yea:

And it means a lot to me to have someone as talented as you complimenting my work. Thank you, again, for the encouragement!

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
                    I never realized you could make such detailed pictures in paint. Everything looks really awesome so far, but it's going to be nothing compared to my Disneyland in 1D
                    :lmao: :roll: :lol: Now that would be impressive! If you can pull it off in 1D, I believe that you might very well be the true master of this art stuff. )

As far as working in Paint goes, just analyze the picture you want to copy- the colors, the shading (what different variations of the base color do you need to make to accommodate the different levels of shading?), how to replicate the shape- which believe me you can't get it exact, but try to figure out how to make it look very similar- and always remember to keep the whole thing to scale. Again, the whole scale thing can't be copied perfectly into Paint, but start with a best fit, and then keep the rest of your work in that same scale. While keeping arms, legs and feet inside the vehicle at all times.

Originally posted by redplum711 View Post
                    Everyone here is so creative! I wish I could do something like that! Great Job!
                    Thank you so much! ) Just try, you never know what you'll come up with! That's how this started. I didn't know if it was possible, but, I had time on my hands, and was curious to try. And look where it has led to! (Of course, I did have extensive experience in using Paint, to begin with, but still... )

And welcome to MiceChat, redplum!

Comment

Originally posted by kirbilicious View Post
                      Prepare to be shocked and amazed further...
                      http://diamonster.deviantart.com/art/powerdraw-17908194

All painted in MSPaint.
                      Although MSPaint seems a lot better than the one I remember (I live on planet Linux and haven't see MSPaint since Win98).
                      Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                      DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                        Prepare to be shocked and amazed further...
                        http://diamonster.deviantart.com/art/powerdraw-17908194

All painted in MSPaint.
                        Although MSPaint seems a lot better than the one I remember (I live on planet Linux and haven't see MSPaint since Win98).
                        as awesome as that truly is... i do take slight offense to this being posted in my thread. it just doesn't feel right to me, to be posting that here... sorry.
                        Last edited by dland_lover; 12-27-2007, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Believe it or not, dland_lover, I actually prefer the style you're using. MS Paint really isn't designed to emulate the style of that DeviantArt piece; it's a lot better at doing the sort of thing you're doing. So don't be so quick to feel threatened by it! Your goal is different from that artist's, and IMO, yours is more worthwhile if you're both using MS Paint.

I mean, think of it like someone posting a link to Ray Keim's awesome 3D work in my thread. His mansions are far superior to mine, but that doesn't make me look bad--it just gives me more to aspire to.

Just my two cents. Please keep up the good work!

Comment

Believe it or not, dland_lover, I actually prefer the style you're using. MS Paint really isn't designed to emulate the style of that DeviantArt piece; it's a lot better at doing the sort of thing you're doing. So don't be so quick to feel threatened by it! Your goal is different from that artist's, and IMO, yours is more worthwhile if you're both using MS Paint.

I mean, think of it like someone posting a link to Ray Keim's awesome 3D work in my thread. His mansions are far superior to mine, but that doesn't make me look bad--it just gives me more to aspire to.

Just my two cents. Please keep up the good work!
                            okay... i guess...

Comment

--UPDATE--

As a fun little project, I decided to redo the castle to look more like it did in the early years- less pink, more stone colors, different roof colors/patterns, etc. So, for all those Castle purists (and everyone else), here is what I could come up with:

And don't worry- the main project is safely stored in another file. I just wanted to see it this way, too. And, of course, this only goes as far as the main project, because that's all I have to work with right now.

Also, look at the differences between then and now:
                              Last edited by dland_lover; 12-29-2007, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Last edited by dland_lover; 12-27-2007, 10:40 PM.

Comment

That may be a little too gray. Even in the early years, I think it had just a tinge of pinkness...

Comment

oooh, have just poked into this thread for the first time.
                                    i must say, i'm amazed by what you've done, and will certainly be checking back for more and checking into the disneyland in 3D thread.

Comment

That may be a little too gray. Even in the early years, I think it had just a tinge of pinkness...
                                      I checked out davelandweb.com, and the pics showed very little pink in there. And remember, I don't have all of the castle done yet, so there is more pink that is not present. Maybe, too, my pink is not vivid enough. I just didn't want it to look like the "WAKE UP!!!!!!!" pink that the castle is now.

But... maybe there is a little too much. I dunno. Check out these shots from davelandweb and tell me what you think.

http://davelandweb.com/castle/images/7_18_55_N31B.jpg

http://davelandweb.com/castle/images/KTPBK_10_5_57_N19.jpg

http://davelandweb.com/castle/images/1950sKTPBK_B_N21.jpg

http://davelandweb.com/disneyland/DL_1960_Castle_N03.jpg

http://davelandweb.com/castle/images/KTPBKYC_3_68_N29.jpg

In later years, more pink was added (even before the 50th), but I based it off of the castle during the 50's and early 60's.

(And I see that I have the roof color ever so slightly too light. inch: )

Comment

Originally posted by Ilovevmk! View Post
                                        oooh, have just poked into this thread for the first time.
                                        i must say, i'm amazed by what you've done, and will certainly be checking back for more and checking into the disneyland in 3D thread.
                                        I have two things I would like to say:
                                        sweeeet... :yea:

and thank you!

Comment

Awesome job man, those are great! My art sucks...

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X