Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

Originally posted by Inanimate View Post
    Awesome job man, those are great! My art sucks...
    Thanks! And, I'm sure your art doesn't suck. We all think that of even our crappiest pics we take in the parks, but when we get a second opinion (usually on MC in a TR ) we find out they're not so bad, after all.

Comment

Thanks, that helps.

I wish there was an art section.

:C

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
        :lmao: :roll: :lol: Now that would be impressive! If you can pull it off in 1D, I believe that you might very well be the true master of this art stuff. )
        Oh just you wait for it - it will be truly spectacular! Once I conquer that, I might even attempt a 0D version.

Comment

Hey, dland_lover, I've been following your thread since you posted in the Disneyland in 3D thread. Thought I'd throw my 2 cents (plain) in here.

Like those who've posted before me, I'l risk the redundancy by saying "Your MSPaint version of SB Castle is FANTASTIC!". Really, through your efforts I'm learning to see details and colors on the Castle that I've never opened my eyes to before. I say "learning" 'cause I think sometimes viewing anything with a change in "perspective", helps us learn, grow, and appreciate the "thing" (object, person, idea, etc.) oh, so much more!

Please keep posting your works-in-progress as well as your full-work shots. They give us insight into your artistic process and kind-of a "cliff-hanger" approach to your work (we all can't wait to see what you'll do next).

On the two color variations of your Castle you posted:
          Firstly, thanks for linking to the daveland pics of the Castle. I hadn't noticed so many color variations before. They're very useful reference photos to compare with your Castle color variations.
          Secondly, I blew up (the size of) the daveland photos until I had large pixels for the front elevation sections (of the Castle) in question. My color sense may not be well refined, but I didn't see any pixels that had any pinkish-tones to the gray. I did see bluish-toned gray pixels, but those might be due to light reflecting off of the nearby turret roofs (which were quite blue, I think). Like I said, my color sense may be "crude", so I could be completely bonkers on this point!

Anyway, thanks for giving us versions of your Castle with different color variations. It gives our noggins and "emotional aethetic" internal organs a needed work-out.

I'll be looking for your next, great Castle update.

--- hobbs_end
          P.S. I agree with Datameister, point. Your MS Paint technique with the Castle is more accessible to me (artistically speaking) and feels "warmer" as well, than that 500-hour MS Paint example over in DeviantArt.

Comment

By the way, ignore what I said before about the gray. I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs_End View Post
              Hey, dland_lover, I've been following your thread since you posted in the Disneyland in 3D thread. Thought I'd throw my 2 cents (plain) in here.

Like those who've posted before me, I'l risk the redundancy by saying "Your MSPaint version of SB Castle is FANTASTIC!". Really, through your efforts I'm learning to see details and colors on the Castle that I've never opened my eyes to before. I say "learning" 'cause I think sometimes viewing anything with a change in "perspective", helps us learn, grow, and appreciate the "thing" (object, person, idea, etc.) oh, so much more!

Please keep posting your works-in-progress as well as your full-work shots. They give us insight into your artistic process and kind-of a "cliff-hanger" approach to your work (we all can't wait to see what you'll do next).

On the two color variations of your Castle you posted:
              Firstly, thanks for linking to the daveland pics of the Castle. I hadn't noticed so many color variations before. They're very useful reference photos to compare with your Castle color variations.
              Secondly, I blew up (the size of) the daveland photos until I had large pixels for the front elevation sections (of the Castle) in question. My color sense may not be well refined, but I didn't see any pixels that had any pinkish-tones to the gray. I did see bluish-toned gray pixels, but those might be due to light reflecting off of the nearby turret roofs (which were quite blue, I think). Like I said, my color sense may be "crude", so I could be completely bonkers on this point!

Anyway, thanks for giving us versions of your Castle with different color variations. It gives our noggins and "emotional aethetic" internal organs a needed work-out.

I'll be looking for your next, great Castle update.

--- hobbs_end
              P.S. I agree with Datameister, point. Your MS Paint technique with the Castle is more accessible to me (artistically speaking) and feels "warmer" as well, than that 500-hour MS Paint example over in DeviantArt.
              OMG you just made me all warm and fuzzy inside. ) Don't worry, I'll keep on working and posting. And I, too, now notice details and colors in the castle I've never noticed before. Plus, I can do a pretty good quick sketch of the castle (what I've gotten done, anyways ).

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
              By the way, ignore what I said before about the gray. I was wrong.
              If you check some of the more recent shots on daveland, you'll see that they did add more pink to the castle. So, you weren't totally wrong.
              Like this one (in which case they had changed some of the roof tile patterns, as well), taken in 2003:
              http://davelandweb.com/castle/images...DLandM_N12.jpg

FYI, I adjusted some of the colors of the augmented castle, which I'll be posting soon.
              Last edited by dland_lover; 12-28-2007, 04:30 PM.

Comment

As promised, here's the augmented castle in which I tweaked some colors:

Last edited by dland_lover; 12-28-2007, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Nice. Looks much better than the pink that's on the castle right now in real life.
                  The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                    Nice. Looks much better than the pink that's on the castle right now in real life.
                    You know, 6 months ago, I would've called you crazy. Now? I kinda agree with you.
                    Last edited by dland_lover; 12-28-2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

--CONSTRUCTION UPDATE--

I just wanted to show you guys what I'm working on now. I don't know how much longer until I'm done with that new segment, but I'll keep you posted!

Comment

--UPDATE--

I have now finished another section, part of which you've seen in my last 'construction update'^.

I'd also like to let you know about a couple things I'll be doing with my posts. When I have something new to post on my progress, I will have one of two messages at the head of the post. Either:
                        1)"--CONSTRUCTION UPDATE--" means that I am showing/posting a work-in-progress pic, so you know that I haven't walked away from this, plus to give you and idea of what I'm working on.
                        2)"--UPDATE--" indicates a new section has been completed, and I'm posting a 'complete' shot of the castle (thus far).

I just wanted to let you guys know the meaning behind those, and this way, you'll know what to expect/look for, right away, when you wander on in here.

I hope my little ramblings haven't confused anyone.
                        Last edited by dland_lover; 12-29-2007, 09:23 PM.

Comment

--CONSTRUCTION UPDATE--

Sorry it's been so long, but I haven't been working on it at all, until today.

So, I want to show you guys what I'm working on right now. I'm starting to experiment with the stone blocks, at the base of the castle (which you can see a basic working model of at the bottom). I've also added some turrets, and have started to add in the gold railing.

Enjoy!

Comment

Truly impressive work on the stones! I don't know how you do that.

Comment

Well, I'd show you but, there's that whole "I live many, many miles away" thing that kinda gets in the way.

Maybe I'll take some video, and upload it. However, I don't want it to feel like I'm copying you, Joe. Even though I kinda am... )

Comment

That

Is

Intense!

Comment

Looks good! Very good! Amazing that that's in paint...
                                  The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Sweet!

Love the block colors and textures. The blocks seem spookily 3D (hope your not slippin' into that 3D world). Uh oh ... I have the urge to reach out and touch 'em!)

The turrets and gold railing are fine too!

Keep those blocks rollin' .. er, stackin'.

Comment

Also, for those of you who would be interested, you can check out the Photobucket folder I'm using for this project. You can see all progress, from the beginning, on one page.

...I just realized this last night. :blush:

Comment

Maybe I'll take some video, and upload it. However, I don't want it to feel like I'm copying you, Joe. Even though I kinda am...
                                        Please, be my guest! In fact, I'd actually be really fascinated to watch you work. If you'd rather not for the sake of keeping your techniques secret, or if you just don't want to, that's cool...but definitely don't avoid it for my sake!

Comment

All I have to say is that is insane! I don't think I have that much patience... props to you!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X