Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

My only concern, is at the bottom of that new section, do the stone bits look like the real thing? I'm just not sure about it... A second opinion would be helpful. Any suggestions are welcome.

EDIT: And I mean the beige/stone colored decorative parts, not the 'bricks'. Make sense?

Comment

--CONSTRUCTION UPDATE--

I am in the process of continuing the expansion of the main stone work of the castle. Again, this is not a complete shot, so anything is liable to change by the time it is complete.

Last edited by dland_lover; 02-02-2008, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Well, if in the small section of photo you posted, showing the coat-of-arms between the "beige/stone bits" (on either side of the recessed area where the coat-of-arms is located), and you are referring to those "beige/stone bits", then the color is not bad, but it is hard to tell, since a lot of shadowing appears on the "bits". I almost think there should be a little more tan in the color (as opposed to the brownish color you used). Maybe a tan-brown.

I t would be helpful if you could find a few more close-up photos and ones without as much shadowing on these stony protuberances (if that is what you are referring to).

Nice work though. I love the colors and texture of the main structural blocks.

Comment

I should have an update for y'all tomorrow. We've finally had downtime at work, which means I'm working on it again! :yea: On that line, though, I haven't been all that motivated to work on it at home. inch: Oh well.

Check back here tomorrow!

Comment

--CONSTRUCTION UPDATE--

I didn't get to get as much done as I had hoped to, but I promised I would post tonight, so I am. I'm almost finished with this middle section, just a little bit more to do, and I'll be able to move onto another section. :yea:

And, BTW, those three sections of bricks you see at the bottom there, in the middle, are not part of the actual castle. I just use those for the different colors and variations I need to use for the bricks, so I don't have to enter in the color settings manually, each time I want to do more. Once the castle is finished (which is still quite a while off), they will be gone from the image.

Comment

You did that on Paint?! Awesome! I could never do something like that on Paint, I'm a Photoshop (for pixels) or Illustrator (for vectors) person myself.

Out of curiosity, do you have a pen tablet? Since it you're doing precise pixel placement, it's easier to use a mouse, but I was just wondering if you had one or not. It makes Paint ALMOST enjoyable for me... but still not really.

Comment

Originally posted by Madame_Leota View Post
                You did that on Paint?! Awesome! I could never do something like that on Paint, I'm a Photoshop (for pixels) or Illustrator (for vectors) person myself.

Out of curiosity, do you have a pen tablet? Since it you're doing precise pixel placement, it's easier to use a mouse, but I was just wondering if you had one or not. It makes Paint ALMOST enjoyable for me... but still not really.
                Thanks so much for the compliment!

And yes, I do have a pen tablet... but I never use it. :lol:
                I used it when I used my old PC, but ditched it, and the PC, when I bought my Macbook Pro. )

I've tried doing this sort of stuff in Photoshop, and it just doesn't work the same way. I just like working with Paint more (go figure. lol). I'm glad you have your programs you like to use, too.

Comment

Your Castle still looking better with each Construction Update. I like the "paint chip" bricks too. Nice assortment of "paint chip" brick colors - at your fingretips.

Thanks for pointing out the "paint chip" bricks so we weren't left with "question marks" in the "thought balloons" above our cartoon heads!

Comment

Very nice! I like the beginnings of the Disney crest, too.
                    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

Originally posted by BassBone View Post
                      Very nice! I like the beginnings of the Disney crest, too.
                      Thank you! And yeah, I started work on it, and when I got to where I am now, I realized I don't have a high enough resolution shot of the real crest for me to work with. So, until I do, the crest will stay like it is. :razz:

Originally posted by Hobbs_End View Post
                      Your Castle still looking better with each Construction Update. I like the "paint chip" bricks too. Nice assortment of "paint chip" brick colors - at your fingretips.

Thanks for pointing out the "paint chip" bricks so we weren't left with "question marks" in the "thought balloons" above our cartoon heads!
                      At first, I was like "'paint chip' bricks? huh?", and then I realized what you were referencing. I like your name for them. )

_____
                      I hope I can finish this section today. It's all dependent on how much downtime we have at work today, and how distracted with others things I... SHINY!!!!

Comment

Out of curiosity, do you have a pen tablet? Since it you're doing precise pixel placement, it's easier to use a mouse, but I was just wondering if you had one or not.
                        Not true! A tablet is a lot more precise than a mouse once you're used to it. It's thus better for pixel work, too.

Anyway, it's looking fabulous, man! Can't wait to see further progress. Looks like your thread is gonna be more active than mine for the time being, too, since I'm off working on another project.

Comment

--UPDATE--

I was able to get some more done today. It's not much, but I finished off that first section of bricks I was working on, and have now started to branch it out, so-to-speak.

Last edited by dland_lover; 03-08-2008, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Wow, that is better than I could do in Photoshop!

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                              I started work on it, and when I got to where I am now, I realized I don't have a high enough resolution shot of the real crest for me to work with. So, until I do, the crest will stay like it is. :razz:
                              Hope these help...Flickr has 'em at 1200x800, although if you need higher res I can send you the originals at 3888x2592.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkViiMonorail View Post
                                Wow, that is better than I could do in Photoshop!
                                Thank you so much! )

Originally posted by DeliriumTrigger View Post
                                Hope these help...Flickr has 'em at 1200x800, although if you need higher res I can send you the originals at 3888x2592.

Those are GREAT!!!! Wow! Exactly what I needed! The shot I was going from was taken from too far away, plus the fact that the crest was in the shade in the picture I have, which made it impossible to get an accurate idea of what it looks like.

Thank you so much!! :yea:

Comment

Originally posted by DeliriumTrigger View Post

I love how well those speakers are hidden in the castle! =D
                                  (darker bricks= speakers) lol

Comment

Originally posted by disneyguy115 View Post
                                    I love how well those speakers are hidden in the castle! =D
                                    (darker bricks= speakers) lol
                                    Wait a minute... that's why they're darker? Huh. I couldn't understand why in the world those 'bricks' hadn't faded in the sun, when the rest of the bricks have. :razz: That's really cool to know! )

Thanks for the info disneyguy!

Comment

Just trying to keep my thread from closing.

Nothing new to post, though. I'm just distracted with other things right now.

Comment

No problem, dland_lover. Thanks for keeping your thread alive.

Breathe, Breathe .... It's alive, It's alive !!!!!! (said Dr. Frankenstein to his creation ...)

Comment

I know the feeling, dland_lover. My thread's getting close to needing life support, too.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X