Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

--CONSTRUCTION UPDATE--

Yes, it is true- I have started up again! :yea: Now, I am going down, and am happy with the results, so far. ) More progress to report, soon (I hope)!

Comment

And by soon, I mean maybe tomorrow, or the next day.

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

It looks amazing. I can't wait to see more.
          Last edited by tell no tales; 04-02-2008, 11:47 PM. Reason: spelling
          Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
            Looks great!
            Originally posted by tell-no-tales View Post
            It looks amazing. I can't wait to see more.
            Thank you!

Comment

Keep it comin!

Hey, is that a "golden arch"?? Hmmm... hungry for a different Mickey ... Mickey Ds!

On a more serious note, could you post a photo or portion of photo of the arched area so we can see one of more of the reference images you're using for the various colors, textures, and brick sizes soon to appear around the arch?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs_End View Post
                Keep it comin!

Hey, is that a "golden arch"?? Hmmm... hungry for a different Mickey ... Mickey Ds!

On a more serious note, could you post a photo or portion of photo of the arched area so we can see one of more of the reference images you're using for the various colors, textures, and brick sizes soon to appear around the arch?
                Sure! Right now I'm just working off of the original source photo for this project, mainly because I can see most of the arch, and the coloring is great (minimal shading hiding the "regular" colors... ie: non-shaded, non-super saturated color. Just the standard color.).

Here's the un-cropped photo:

Here's a zoom-in of the arch:
                Last edited by dland_lover; 04-03-2008, 07:40 PM.

Comment

Nothing new. Just preventing it's untimely death.

Comment

--CONSTRUCTION UPDATE--

Yes, folks- that's right. I got a little more completed in the brick work, namely, being almost done with the arch that we walk through going into Fantasyland. I just need to do the shadows, and that'll be done. Plus, I changed the colors for the "stone" work around the Disney Family Crest to a more stone color (in addition to matching the crest to these new colors). Input is always welcome, of course.

And, again, the different brick color samples inside the archway are just that- for my personal use in working on the bricks. They are not a part of the castle, in any way. [/disclaimer] )

Comment

Nicely done! Shaping up quite well.

Comment

sweet! I love the details and all the shadows. It looks great

Comment

Thanks guys! :thumbup:

I just wish I had more progress to show. I haven't had the time that I need, and want, to work on it. But, we had downtime at work today, in which I was able to get this much done. )

Comment

Glad you found a bit of time to work on the Castle. As Data and pianoman13 opi'ned, great detail and shadows. Dare I say, the shadows impart a nice "3D" effect (sorry, Data) to the 2D castle!

If I walk through the archway in your virtual Castle (while it's under construction) I'll make sure to wear my hardhat and tip toe gingerly underneath those special "construction sample bricks" floating overhead. Wouldn't want to get beaned if one falls inadvertently!

Comment

wow! this is the first time i have seen this thread! you are doing a great job! what patience you must have!!! I cant wait to see more!
                              sigpic
                              C'mon everybody, here we go!

Comment

Dare I say, the shadows impart a nice "3D" effect (sorry, Data) to the 2D castle!
                                Hey, don't apologize! It's the truth, and wonderfully so!

Comment

i tried to start doing the same thing a few weeks ago....

and i failed.

Comment

Originally posted by Jordiekins View Post
                                    i tried to start doing the same thing a few weeks ago....

and i failed.
                                    As was said in Galaxy Quest "Never give up! Never surrender!" :razz:

Seriously, though- just keep pushing on, once you start to get more done, it motivates you to do more, even if it's only a little at a time. I've been lax about it recently, but mostly due to lack of time.

"Just keep swimming, just keep swimming..."
                                    Last edited by dland_lover; 05-24-2008, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs_End View Post
                                      Glad you found a bit of time to work on the Castle. As Data and pianoman13 opi'ned, great detail and shadows. Dare I say, the shadows impart a nice "3D" effect (sorry, Data) to the 2D castle!

If I walk through the archway in your virtual Castle (while it's under construction) I'll make sure to wear my hardhat and tip toe gingerly underneath those special "construction sample bricks" floating overhead. Wouldn't want to get beaned if one falls inadvertently!
                                      Originally posted by ldybgstm View Post
                                      wow! this is the first time i have seen this thread! you are doing a great job! what patience you must have!!! I cant wait to see more!
                                      Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                                      Hey, don't apologize! It's the truth, and wonderfully so!
                                      Aww, gosh, guys... you make me all warm and fuzzy inside. :razz:

And don't worry about falling objects! They're all held in place by powerful Disney magic. Nobody will be hurt. Unless someone wants to go and do something stupid... :whistling

Comment

AMAZING WORK!

I'm on pins and needles to see the finished product!
                                        Don't leave us hanging! Post updates as soon as you can!

And again, this is seriously awesome!:thumbup:
                                        A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes....

Comment

WOAH! That looks AWESOME!

I'm also doing a project with the castle- pixel art.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X