Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

That's really cool, GT! :thumbup:

And thanks for the compliments!

But, hmm... should I do a little more, and post the progress tonight? Or should I wait a few weeks? Decisions, decisions...

Comment

Actually, I think I'm going to go to bed. I'm so tired... :sleep:

Comment

Don't die on me!! Breathe, dang it! Breathe!!! :lol:

Nothing new... just keeping it alive.

Comment

I think I see signs of life, barely!

Comment

Actually, I do now have an EXTREMELY minor update- I started to get a little more of the shadow work done. Not much, but you should be able to see it at the top of the arch. Again, nothing much, but I feel bad for not getting anything done on this for so long...

Maybe it needs to be a bit darker? Hm...

Comment

Not sure about the shadow. I can't see it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs_End View Post
                Not sure about the shadow. I can't see it.
                Yeah... I guess I do need to make it darker. :lol:

Comment

I can see it. I like it. Subtle.
                  The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

Comment

OK. I figured if BassBone can see it, I should look again. Alright, I admit it's there. And yes, BassBone, is correct, it is subtle. If one were to look at individual stones in the arch, one might think they are just seeing color variation in those stones. But some stones definitely have more of a demarcation between shadow and non-shadow areas (or so it seems at first glance) and others don't. Taken together, and scanning the eye from stone to stone, one can Sum up the visual experience as a continuous shadow appearing across multiple stones. Unless one is looking for it (the shadow), it definitely doesn't jump right out out you (hence, BassBone's "subtle" expression). All in all, very nice, as usual, for your artistic "work"!

Comment

--CONSTRUCTION UPDATE--

I changed the shadow colors of that one section to be more noticeable. I also filled in the bricks around the Disney family crest, and started 'building' a new section. Hopefully that part is noticeable. Although it is just a start, it will be nice once it's done!

Comment

Looking fantabulous, dland_lover!

Comment

Something different, today.

A couple weeks ago, I wondered if it would be possible to replicate a Fastpass using Microsoft Paint. A few hours later, and this is the result.

You'll notice some faint print across the FP. This is just to cover my butt. I know there could be someone out there that might try to use this (quite dishonestly) in the park. I do not want that to happen, and I know that you guys wouldn't do that. Still, 'tis best to CYB.

And it, obviously, isn't perfect. This is quite difficult darn well near impossible in Paint. Which is good. Anywho, now for your enjoyment, I present a Space Mountain Fastpass, in DL2D style:

Comment

Very nice! I haven't been to Disneyland much and only tried a Fastpass once, I think. At any rate, I haven't paid much attention to the design of the Fastpasses, but the graphic artwork is actually quite nice (and I assume you captured this one faithfully, but I have no photo or actual one to compare it to). Would you consider doing Fastpasses for other Disneyland attractions? I, for one, would love to see the graphic artwork for the other lands' attractions and I'm sure you could faithfully reproduce them.

Comment

I would like to do all the Fastpasses. It'll just take some time.

And I'll see about scanning in each of the FPs that I model them after.

Comment

Sounds great. I'm sure you'll take whatever time you need.

And that is nice of you to scan (and I assume post) pics of the Fastpasses (with appropriate security measures across them), so we can see your reference models.

Comment

Okay, yeah... I know. It's been WAY too long since I posted anything. But, I just haven't been motivated for this project. I still hold it dear to my heart, but am far more interested in other ideas and projects I have going. Maybe someday I'll pick it up, again. In the mean time...

Charge the paddles to 300! ... Clear!!

Comment

First of all, your work is AMAZING.
                                    Secondly, you could make seriously awesome elevations for your OWN facades with that!
                                    Thirdly, please don't resort to making this project look super-realistic. I love the style that you use.
                                    And fourthly, I will be following this and Datameister's threads now that I am checking MiceChat more often! I'm looking forward to what incredible updates will come!

Comment

Don't worry, it will stay in this style. And, sad to say, don't expect updates too often.

But thanks, anyways.

Comment

this is an amazing thread....I really enjoy seeing the progress on your castle...the one word that comes to mind to describe it is...INTENSE

bravo

The fast pass is wonderful as well

Comment

Thank you! )

And yes, it is intense. It takes a great deal of concentration to work on this. Esp. considering I'm color-matching each brick as it actually corresponds to the real castle, and then individually adding in each and every pixel in each brick, to assure the right mixture of colors, and shading...

Yeah. It's intense. :blink:

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X