Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Disneyland in 2D (That's right... not 3D, but 2D)

And as regards the Fastpass, it actually turns out that this might be the easiest one to replicate. I've tried the Indiana Jones FP, and boy is it difficult. A quick glance at them all, and it's easy to see that Disney puts a great deal of detail into the smallest space, including Fastpasses.

Comment

Just a quick update...

I'm starting work again on the castle (albeit slowly), so I may have more to show in the semi-near-future. I'm also working on the clock face for it's a small world, and almost have that done... who knows- it may branch out.

And on an entirely Disney-unrelated note (and to give you something new to look at), I stumbled across this tonight. I made it earlier in the year, and forgot all about it, but love it to death. I call it "He's a dead bug".

Also, something that I created about 2-3 years ago, and would love to try in real life, called "What's for lunch?":

Anywho, I hope to have more castle progress to show you... maybe in the next few weeks, or so?

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
        And for the benefit of those just joining us, this is the most recent version I have posted.

Comment

Looks awesome!!!

Comment

Thank you! )

Comment

that looks amazing!

Comment

I have to say, your "sure-realistic" painting, "He's a dead bug" is so, umm, anticipatory. At first, I wasn't sure what I was looking at in the "What's for lunch?" painting. Then, I defocused my eyes (like when looking at those blotchy eye-defocusing or refocusing drawings) and I finally got it. At that point, I couldn't stop chuckling, and chuckling, and ... well, you get the point! You must be some twisted sister to come up with the absolutely brilliant idea of replacing the briar patch with an oversized human mouth and glottis. I wonder if a log full of SM guests would taste better with some spicy bar-b-que sauce? Your artwork is so accessible to common folk (like me) - thanks for posting them!

Comment

Wow! That's great! I really wished I was MSPaint and/or Photoshop saavy like you and million other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Kritter View Post
                    that looks amazing!
                    Thanks!
                    Originally posted by Hobbs_End View Post
                    I have to say, your "sure-realistic" painting, "He's a dead bug" is so, umm, anticipatory. At first, I wasn't sure what I was looking at in the "What's for lunch?" painting. Then, I defocused my eyes (like when looking at those blotchy eye-defocusing or refocusing drawings) and I finally got it. At that point, I couldn't stop chuckling, and chuckling, and ... well, you get the point! You must be some twisted sister to come up with the absolutely brilliant idea of replacing the briar patch with an oversized human mouth and glottis. I wonder if a log full of SM guests would taste better with some spicy bar-b-que sauce? Your artwork is so accessible to common folk (like me) - thanks for posting them!
                    Well, really, it'd be done like pictures of people standing a distance away, and making it look like they're holding something really big (with forced perspective). Basically, stand on Tom Sawyer's Island, look up, mouth open, and get the camera just right, to make it look like the riders on Splash are going into your mouth. Plus, they look all scared- which I would be, too if someone was going to eat me! It works all around! :thumbup:

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                    Wow! That's great! I really wished I was MSPaint and/or Photoshop saavy like you and million other people.
                    Thanks! And believe me, I'm not Photoshop savvy- I just know a few basic techniques. But I sure can whip up a mean drawing in Paint! :lol:

Comment

Okee-dokee- I have a non-castle-related tidbit for you today. It just needs a few more finishing details, but here it is so far:

Look familiar? I hope it does- its the small world clock face. One of my favs.

Enjoy!

EDIT:
                      Here's a comparison photo:

Comment

Very nice! A "smiley-face" with the Mary Blair/Disney touch!

Comment

:lol:

Comment

Umm... yeah. Nothing new yet, unfortunately. I just don't want this thread to die! So...

bump!

EDIT: And here's the most recent version of the castle, for memory-jogging purposes (and for those who've never seen it before, so they don't have to go searching for it. )

Comment

Still looks good. Here's hoping you add a brick or two in the near future ...

Comment

This is done with MS Paint?? That's pretty damn awesome dude. Looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbs_End View Post
                                  Still looks good. Here's hoping you add a brick or two in the near future ...
                                  I know, I know...

Originally posted by Tool View Post
                                  This is done with MS Paint?? That's pretty damn awesome dude. Looks great.
                                  Yup! ) Thanks!

Comment

Er... um... yeah. Still no progress on the castle. However, I have another pet project that I'm working on, but if I tell you... well... let's just say that your future doesn't look so good. :evil:

Comment

I suppose I should just let this thread die, as it really doesn't seem like I'm ever going to get back to this project... but I just don't have the heart.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                      Working...
                                      X