Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Matt's 40th Birthday Disneyland Trip. Club 33, Napa Rose, and Adventureland Suite!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoever
    replied
    Originally posted by BecksyFreemo View Post
    Rushed onto Micechat while waiting for my software to load at work this morning, I said to my husband "Only 10 days until our trip, I need to see if there are more pics from Matt's birthday trip!!"
    I didn't make anywhere as much progress on the TR as I would have hoped. I was too busy making amazing tiki drinks this weekend.

Your pictures of IASM are great, we always make it one of our first rides in the park, its such a pleasant easy going ride!
    It's really nice on a hot day to cool off in the show building. Victoria loves it. In fact my daughters all sing along. Funny story, at the con conclusion of my 9-night, 10-day 2015 trip (that TR is forthcoming someday), the girls were in the bathroom at the DLH doing one last stop before we hopped on the road. The girls are in the stalls singing IASW and Amy get's recognized by somebody from here or Disboards while she's waiting for them. She was BEYOND embarrassed.

Its a shame disney didn't give you anything for your camera troubles, but its understandable - theres no way to know exactly what went wrong there.
    I feel like there's a lot of "no-cost-to-Disney" routes they could have gone with that just in the name of customer service.

Leave a comment:

• BecksyFreemo
    replied
    Rushed onto Micechat while waiting for my software to load at work this morning, I said to my husband "Only 10 days until our trip, I need to see if there are more pics from Matt's birthday trip!!" Your pictures of IASM are great, we always make it one of our first rides in the park, its such a pleasant easy going ride!

Its a shame disney didn't give you anything for your camera troubles, but its understandable - theres no way to know exactly what went wrong there.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Around 1:40 we decided it was time to head back to the room for a little down time. We made our way through the hub and took notice as equal amounts of people seemed to be coming and going as it was still drizzling.

Katherine fancied herself a Jedi after she built herself a lightsaber.

Fountains in the rain are always fun.

We settled in for a few hours of downtime and some rest. I decided before we got going again for the day, we needed a pick me up or two, so I recruited Charlotte, and we headed over to the coffee shop by Goofy's Kitchen.

For those who aren't aware, they served Dole Whip there!!! And... they'll douse it with a shot of rum for a few dollars extra... YEP... that's what the Doctor ordered..

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    This cow shares a striking resemblance to Clarabelle.

Never noticed Cactus Bob over here killing it with the guitar.

The Aztec mask reminds me a little of Tiki

José Carioca, Donald Duck, and Panchito Pistoles

Some more IP... Ariel.

Loved the kiwi and the Māori. I wish they'd redo the character with some traditional tattoos too.

Dory and Nemo

Lilo and Stitch

Love the Moai!!

These Platypus need to be careful with those eggs.

Love the hula!

This guy has quite the interesting headdress. It's actually contextual for New Zealand and known as a Pare 'eva. I love the drum too.

I wonder if this is Louis?

The masks on these guys made me think of Lock, Shock, and Barrel from A Nightmare Before Christmas.

And.... Kansas

Judging by the garb, it appears the Pima tribe is represented.

And some shameless IP plugs with Jessie

And Woody

It's all flowers and balloons from here on out.

Just floating away..

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied
    Originally posted by whoever View Post

Disney wouldn't admit culpability. Whatever I get it... you say sorry, at fault, and they had admission of guilt (despite something on the attraction that specific time causing it... ). Regardless, as a gesture for my troubles, it wouldn't have hurt them to extend some goodwill for an upcoming visit.
    Agree completely

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

At the very least through you some any ride fast passes for your group. Heck I got 3 of those just because a CM wouldn't give me my DVC discount.
    Disney wouldn't admit culpability. Whatever I get it... you say sorry, at fault, and they had admission of guilt (despite something on the attraction that specific time causing it... ). Regardless, as a gesture for my troubles, it wouldn't have hurt them to extend some goodwill for an upcoming visit.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Sufficiently filled from our late breakfast, Tori really wanted to go on IASW. I love the Sherman brother's original ballad version which started out slow and had the tempo brought in later as seen here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ctjk5JbGL04

I must say this probably my least favorite attraction in both of the parks. The attraction just isn't my thing. I like the message of unity and peace but as far as attractions go... well... just not my cup of tea.

That being said, I'm seriously impressed with the staying power of this attraction. The attraction was designed for the 1964-65 New York World's Fair. The theme of that year's fair was “Peace Through Understanding”. The original attraction had some great sculpture out front. Today's facade is markedly different..

Nowadays, Disney hasn't missed an opportunity to insert some IP Cinderella..

IASW on bagpipes... It's actually kind of neat sounding. Google it.

This guy creeps me out. If there's one animatronic I would be afraid of should they come to life at night and chase you through the park... it would be that guy. I've got my eye on you...

Pinocchio... of course

The Russian Dancers are one of the favorites.

Aladdin and Jasmine... because..

Abu doing what Abu does best... steal stuff.

I loved these guys head dresses.

Alluring.. yet deadly

Mulan

Who is this meant to represent... hmm..

Clearly nobody told these hyenas they could die laughing like the weasels in Roger Rabbit...

Simba... he just couldn't wait to be king..

Blurry, underexposed pic, but I loved how they portrayed the water with the floating lexan.

And Beshte

Nala atop Pumbaa

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied

Correct... the claim guy, Bob, has been a claim guy for forever, has had so many come through, and they can't possibly see how they are in any way responsible. I get it. I deal with Risk and liability every day. That being said, someone who spent 5-figures on that specific trip, you figure tossing a c-note or even better (what they've done in the past), a discount towards a future visit would be in the works. Oh well. They'll get some ribbing and bad publicity here, it won't matter, and they'll and I'll move on with life.
    At the very least through you some any ride fast passes for your group. Heck I got 3 of those just because a CM wouldn't give me my DVC discount.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

That's a real shame, is their stance that you can't prove the ride was the cause of the issue?
    Correct... the claim guy, Bob, has been a claim guy for forever, has had so many come through, and they can't possibly see how they are in any way responsible. I get it. I deal with Risk and liability every day. That being said, someone who spent 5-figures on that specific trip, you figure tossing a c-note or even better (what they've done in the past), a discount towards a future visit would be in the works. Oh well. They'll get some ribbing and bad publicity here, it won't matter, and they'll and I'll move on with life.

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied
    On the topic of cameras, I got a call from Disney claim department today and they will not accept responsibility for this, so I'm just SOL. It was only ~$110 and $40 of uber in cost to me, but still, I figured they would at least do SOMETHING.
    That's a real shame, is their stance that you can't prove the ride was the cause of the issue?

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    On the topic of cameras, I got a call from Disney claim department today and they will not accept responsibility for this, so I'm just SOL. It was only ~$110 and $40 of uber in cost to me, but still, I figured they would at least do SOMETHING.

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied

Hey, Idaho is supremely naturally beautiful. If I felt like dealing with winters I'd probably live there. I love the high desert of Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, AZ, and NM.
    I am the Utah representative here. Love being right in the mountains and its a photographers dream. Always wish I had better equipment but buying it cuts into my Disney fund.

Leave a comment:

• mpabis525
    replied
    Originally posted by Jbaer1957 View Post
    I know I' new here but I have ben following your trip reports for some time. Just amazing Photos!! I am going to blame you and Tom Bricker for my new camera hobby!!
    Might need to get in line to blame Tom Bricker. He has cost me thousands. His photos are so amazing that you can't help but be in awe of them.

Enjoy the hobby. recognize that if you haven't really used a DSLR before that their will be some growing pains. If you have never really been a photographer before and are a total noob like I was, Michael Greening's Hot_Sauce_1 Disneyland PHoto tips posts are fantastic to learn from. He wrote a few hundred on the forums here a few years back. It is all in laymans terms and gets you a really good understanding of photography and how to take pictures at Disneyland. Search in the Disneyland Forums for it.

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

If I lived closer I could practice more! I'm way out here in Idaho
    Hey, Idaho is supremely naturally beautiful. If I felt like dealing with winters I'd probably live there. I love the high desert of Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Colorado, AZ, and NM.

Leave a comment:

• Jbaer1957
    replied

The 3200 has impressive specs for a starter body. Full-frame bodies are large, heavy, and costly and the glass is stratospherically priced. The Dx body with some good crop-sensor glass is a great to learn on and the 3200 will produce great photos. Only real downfall is the low-light performance.
    If I lived closer I could practice more! I'm way out here in Idaho

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied

I am just learning so opted for a low end Nikon D3200 to learn the DSLR thing. I did purchase a Sigma 30mm 1.4 to try and get some dark ride photos. But Maybe time to upgrade the body..
    The 3200 has impressive specs for a starter body. Full-frame bodies are large, heavy, and costly and the glass is stratospherically priced. The Dx body with some good crop-sensor glass is a great to learn on and the 3200 will produce great photos. Only real downfall is the low-light performance.

Leave a comment:

• Jbaer1957
    replied
    Thanks! I am always striving for that best shot of something. The parks are so amazing for photographers. I love the varied lighting conditions and content for setting up certain compositions. The only downside, hauling 20# of gear around (5 lenses and a body).

There are worse ways to spend your money. The great thing about photography, it helps preserve the memories you'll have for a lifetime. What do you shoot?
    I am just learning so opted for a low end Nikon D3200 to learn the DSLR thing. I did purchase a Sigma 30mm 1.4 to try and get some dark ride photos. But Maybe time to upgrade the body..

Leave a comment:

• whoever
    replied
    I know I' new here but I have ben following your trip reports for some time. Just amazing Photos!!
    Thanks! I am always striving for that best shot of something. The parks are so amazing for photographers. I love the varied lighting conditions and content for setting up certain compositions. The only downside, hauling 20# of gear around (5 lenses and a body).

I am going to blame you and Tom Bricker for my new camera hobby!!
    There are worse ways to spend your money. The great thing about photography, it helps preserve the memories you'll have for a lifetime. What do you shoot?

Leave a comment:

• Jbaer1957
    replied
    I know I' new here but I have ben following your trip reports for some time. Just amazing Photos!! I am going to blame you and Tom Bricker for my new camera hobby!!

Leave a comment:

• mickdaddy
    replied

It's long overdue. I really .like 1967 Tomorrowland and feel it was the pinnacle of TL in any park (Paris being a close second). I almost hope they go with a Retro alternate future Tomorrowland perhaps? I don't know really how to handle it.
    I actually would be in favor of a retro Tomorrowland as well. I have a tough time seeing a true version of a tomorrow land any other way as I wouldn't want a distopian Wall-E version and I am not a steam punk fan so wouldn't want it to go that direction. But I would like to see the jumbled mess that it currently is be re-themed and given some love.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X