Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you had to get rid of one of these lands which would it be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had to get rid of one of these lands which would it be?

Adventureland
    2.04%
    Fantasyland
    4.08%
    Tomorrowland
    48.98%
    New Orleans Square
    2.04%
    Frontierland
    16.33%
    Star Wars Land
    26.53%

Tomorrowland. The others have themes that won't change over time. With Tomorrowland, the science and technology stuff becomes outdated too fast so we're left with rocket ships and empty buildings.

Comment

If I have to choose between Star Tours/Space Mountain/Buzz Lightyear and Tiki Room/Jungle Cruise/ Indy, I'm going to choose Space Mountain.

Comment

Tomorrowland. Because there is really nothing 'tomorrow' about it anymore. Autopia, Buzz Lightyear, Subs, we even have monorails everywhere now. They should just call it sci fi land and be done.

Comment

Why do we have to get rid of a land? I know it's all fun and games, but I would never want to get rid of one of Walt's original lands. And as for Tomorrowland being too easy to make out dated - the Imagineers just have to think bigger. Some kind of Mars Discovery ride would be awesome. Imagine being weightless, going on a Mars adventure. Humans still are not able to go to Mars. It's impossible.

Think bigger... how about some kind of alien invasion ride? Or maybe going to another dimension? 'The Fifth Dimension' - where space and time unravel. Or maybe an underwater advanced civilization ride(retrofitting the subs to a futuristic ride).

Imagineering just has to think bigger - and Tomorrowland will never be outdated!
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpFqwvRZ8bc&t=22s

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Why do we have to get rid of a land? I know it's all fun and games, but I would never want to get rid of one of Walt's original lands. And as for Tomorrowland being too easy to make out dated - the Imagineers just have to think bigger. Some kind of Mars Discovery ride would be awesome. Imagine being weightless, going on a Mars adventure. Humans still are not able to go to Mars. It's impossible.

Think bigger... how about some kind of alien invasion ride? Or maybe going to another dimension? 'The Fifth Dimension' - where space and time unravel. Or maybe an underwater advanced civilization ride(retrofitting the subs to a futuristic ride).

Imagineering just has to think bigger - and Tomorrowland will never be outdated!
            I,just wanted to see everyone’s response to a difficult question. That’s why I didn’t include toon town or critter country because then it would be obvious which one to pick. I wouldn’t want to get rid of one of these lands either.

Comment

Originally posted by splashethan View Post

I,just wanted to see everyone’s response to a difficult question. That’s why I didn’t include toon town or critter country because then it would be obvious which one to pick. I wouldn’t want to get rid of one of these lands either.
              Well you posed a VERY tough question . . . if I had to eliminate one ... I guess it would be Frontierland :'(

Comment

Write in vote for Star Wars Galaxy Edge.
                Saying that there is too much nostalgia at Disneyland is similar to saying that there are too many classic movies on TCM. If you object to nostalgia at Disneyland, then perhaps you should find some other place to go.

Let's hope it doesn't take long for Star Wars Galaxy Edge to meet the same fate as Holidayland.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorro View Post
                  Write in vote for Star Wars Galaxy Edge.
                  Fixed it

Comment

Originally posted by splashethan View Post

Fixed it
                    Sweet.
                    Saying that there is too much nostalgia at Disneyland is similar to saying that there are too many classic movies on TCM. If you object to nostalgia at Disneyland, then perhaps you should find some other place to go.

Let's hope it doesn't take long for Star Wars Galaxy Edge to meet the same fate as Holidayland.

Comment

Tomorrowland today - is so rundown...........

IMO- I would like a New and Refresh Tomorrowland to enjoy........
                      I have always like the concept of Hope in the Future !
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I picked 'Star Wars Land'. I love the idea of it, I love what they're doing with it already and I think it will be an awesome addition to Disneyland. However, for one thing, the other existing lands all originated from Walt Disney's vision for Disneyland or were expansions that Walt oversaw. All of those lands are part of the DNA of Disneyland, now, and have been for a long time. (Star Wars Galaxy's Edge will become an intrinsic part of Disneyland, eventually, but it will take some time before everybody just thinks of it, automatically, when imagining Disneyland.) Most of them are doing pretty well as-is. Tomorrowland has some serious issues, but it isn't even close to beyond saving and it's a very important part of the concept behind Disneyland.
                        Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Well you posed a VERY tough question . . . if I had to eliminate one ... I guess it would be Frontierland :'(
                          Problem there is it doesn't fix Tomorrowland's "Tomorrow always comes" problem. Plus there's really not much real estate gained out of Frontierland anymore, since a big chunk was already taken.

Tomorrowland is the park's biggest short term and long term problem at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Beavis View Post

Problem there is it doesn't fix Tomorrowland's "Tomorrow always comes" problem. Plus there's really not much real estate gained out of Frontierland anymore, since a big chunk was already taken.

Tomorrowland is the park's biggest short term and long term problem at the same time.
                            Yes, very little real estate gained in Frontierland nowadays.

I think we all think of the Tomorrwland (1967) redo as being outdated - but honestly I bet all of us would much rather have that version or the 1987 Tomorrwland with original Star Tours over today's Tomorrowland any day!

What really gets outdated fast and is a complete waste of space is Innoventions. Without continuously updating the exhibits - Innoventions is outdated very quickly. Replace Innoventions with a futuristic ride, restore the People mover, make one of the Star Tours vehicles the original ride with captain Rex - and you have an amazing land again that really need no updating.

Comment

Huh? All of the ROA, Tom Sawyer's Island, BTMR and Big Thunder Trail are still part of Frontierland. Isn't Critter Country still technically part of Frontierland, too? How does that equate to 'not much real estate'? If we're eliminating a land, based on real estate, NOS should be on the chopping block.
                              Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Star Wars Land easy....how can I miss what we've never had...Tommorrowland is next on my list through that land would realy hurt the park if it left lots of rides with long lines in that land compared to most of the others
                                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

Huh? All of the ROA, Tom Sawyer's Island, BTMR and Big Thunder Trail are still part of Frontierland. Isn't Critter Country still technically part of Frontierland, too? How does that equate to 'not much real estate'? If we're eliminating a land, based on real estate, NOS should be on the chopping block.
                                  ROA spans lands and could not really coherently be taken. And obviously an island has to exist for it to be a 'river' Big Thunder's relatively untouchable. Much like any discontinuation of Tomorrowland would have to still leave room for Space Mountain. I don't think CC is considered part of Frontierland, but even if it were, Splash is another untouchable property.

So you could take bits and parts of all that, but wouldn't be able to mold it into a usable 'land' to justify all the trouble. Once Galaxy's Edge is open, virtually all of Tomorrowland, sans Space Mountain in the one corner, IMHO, could be gutted and redone into something completely different.

Comment

ROA spans lands and could not really coherently be taken. And obviously an island has to exist for it to be a 'river' Big Thunder's relatively untouchable. Much like any discontinuation of Tomorrowland would have to still leave room for Space Mountain. I don't think CC is considered part of Frontierland, but even if it were, Splash is another untouchable property.

So you could take bits and parts of all that, but wouldn't be able to mold it into a usable 'land' to justify all the trouble. Once Galaxy's Edge is open, virtually all of Tomorrowland, sans Space Mountain in the one corner, IMHO, could be gutted and redone into something completely different.
                                    Something different as in a totally different land or just a re-design and reconstruction of Tomorrowland?
                                    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

It's worth mentioning that Frontierland also encompasses the Rivers of America and Tom Sawyers Island- so you'd be losing a lot more than BTMRR and the Golden Horseshoe.

Comment

Yes, very little real estate gained in Frontierland nowadays.

I think we all think of the Tomorrwland (1967) redo as being outdated - but honestly I bet all of us would much rather have that version or the 1987 Tomorrwland with original Star Tours over today's Tomorrowland any day!

What really gets outdated fast and is a complete waste of space is Innoventions. Without continuously updating the exhibits - Innoventions is outdated very quickly. Replace Innoventions with a futuristic ride, restore the People mover, make one of the Star Tours vehicles the original ride with captain Rex - and you have an amazing land again that really need no updating.
                                        Agreed. I'd take it a step further and remove Star Tours for a proper dark ride- but admittedly, I'm not a fan of the ride so I'm a bit biased.

With a proper ride where the Launch Bay building is now, and a proper ride in the Star Tours building, and an iteration of the Peoplemover restored, the land could become something great.

Comment

Working...
                                        X