Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Any suggestions for an anniversary meal (preferably dinner) around mid-September?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all, thank you SO MUCH for all the good responses--as an update, JUST NOW I was able to book Blue Bayou the night of our anniversary at 8 p.m.! This was NOT available last night before I posted this thread, so someone must have canceled or the spot JUST opened up! My husband and I are so excited because he's always wanted to go and I went once when I was a kid so I don't really remember it and I've wanted to go back since with someone special. <3 All your suggestions have been noted; I'm not too worried about the food being amazing (or not); we're not really "foodies" so the experience for us is more of a romantic one. Take care everyone!

Comment

Have fun!

Note: service is usually rushed, so if you guys are looking to linger, be sure to let them know, or take time in between ordering drinks, apps, etc.

Comment

I will, thanks. We don't drink or eat apps so that won't be an issue. But, I will be asking if there would be a small chance we could get seating for Fantasmic, if it hasn't started already that is. But, if not, no big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
          We can all have our favorites. I will stick by Steakhouse. Some of my best ever meals have been there. Crispy spinach, bacon wrapped asparagus in a brown sugar Hennessy sauce, truffled mac and cheese, lobster mac and cheese, so many great options.....
          Count me among the fans of Steakhouse 55. Every visit has been quite an adventure. The Ribeye is obviously the default go-to, but on those adventurous nights when I hesjtantly ordered something new, I have not been disappointed. Even with the revolving selection of seasonal risottos, I have found some new interests, despite feeling slightly disappointed that it's not the pork tenderloin risotto, my original amd favorite.
          ​​​​​​
          The only downside to Steakhouse is the remote location in the resort. Makes it hard to trek out there for dinner from the park (although a quick jaunt aboard the Monorail will definitely get you closer). The remoteness though does work in their favor, as the atmosphere around the hotel is usually quiet and reserved, which is hard to come by, even in front of Napa Rose.

And of course Trader Sam's is right around the corner for some additional after dinner fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicant9 View Post
            Hey all, thank you SO MUCH for all the good responses--as an update, JUST NOW I was able to book Blue Bayou the night of our anniversary at 8 p.m.!
            You will have a fantastic time! Blue Bayou is really about the atmosphere and the exclusivity of the experience, but the food is not nearly as bad as some would suggest.

​​​​​Seriously though... Consider Steakhouse 55 for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by hbdad

Another place you have to try that is a gem is Park Ave in Stanton. Steaks are good. I wouldn't necessarily get a steak there as they have other things on the menu but that is a wonderful restaurant and I love that it is in unassuming Stanton. Corner of Beach and Katella.
              Yes, we've been there.

I will, thanks. We don't drink or eat apps so that won't be an issue. But, I will be asking if there would be a small chance we could get seating for Fantasmic, if it hasn't started already that is. But, if not, no big deal.
              The first seating for Fantasmic! is at 9pm, so you will be too late for this one. You might see if they can get you seats for the 1030 (1045?). But I would call and see if they can switch you to the Fantasmic! dining instead of the regular dining.

If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

SH55, beef shank in cabernet sauce. Such a hidden gem of DLR.
                Attached Files
                My wife is the rebel spy.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Scottie View Post
                  SH55, beef shank in cabernet sauce. Such a hidden gem of DLR.
                  Oh, we gonna play the "Let's make us hungry game...."

Bacon wrapped asparagus

And beef ribs (these were fall off the bone good)
                  If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                    Have fun!

Note: service is usually rushed, so if you guys are looking to linger, be sure to let them know, or take time in between ordering drinks, apps, etc.
                    Never been rushed at Blue Bayou and have been numerous times, all within the last few years. Great place to eat and food is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t View Post
                      Yes, we've been there.

The first seating for Fantasmic! is at 9pm, so you will be too late for this one. You might see if they can get you seats for the 1030 (1045?). But I would call and see if they can switch you to the Fantasmic! dining instead of the regular dining.

Oh, thanks for the info! I will check on that. How does the Fantasmic dining differ from just regular dining? (Other than of course seeing the show afterward.)

Comment

Oh, thanks for the info! I will check on that. How does the Fantasmic dining differ from just regular dining? (Other than of course seeing the show afterward.)
                        The menu, price mainly. It is a prix fixe menu at I believe about $70 plus tax and tip.

Comment

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post

Never been rushed at Blue Bayou and have been numerous times, all within the last few years. Great place to eat and food is amazing.
                          I'm jealous lol.

Comment

Just a note that if you want the Fantasmic FastPass, you must specifically book the Fantasmic package. You can't just reserve Blue Bayou on its own and get it.

I'd personally recommend the second show, if possible. Way less crowded. For the first show, you can easily spend an hour between waiting for the show and waiting in line to get into the seating area.

The package is meant to look slightly like a better deal than it really is. For example, it advertises an appetizer, entree, and dessert, and while that is technically true, the appetizers (gumbo or salad) come with all entrees regardless. You do get a seating cushion for the show though.

Comment

The package is meant to look slightly like a better deal than it really is. For example, it advertises an appetizer, entree, and dessert, and while that is technically true, the appetizers (gumbo or salad) come with all entrees regardless. You do get a seating cushion for the show though.
                              This recently changed. Appetizers are now an additional $6/7 more.

Comment

Just a note that if you want the Fantasmic FastPass, you must specifically book the Fantasmic package. You can't just reserve Blue Bayou on its own and get it.

I'd personally recommend the second show, if possible. Way less crowded. For the first show, you can easily spend an hour between waiting for the show and waiting in line to get into the seating area.

Ohh ok, well I guess that's not happening at this point. I was lucky enough to get the res I did! I figured I'd ask because the last time we were at DL for our anniversary which was 2 years ago, we were able to book the WOC dessert party and that was awesome. I have seen Fantasmic before, but husband has not. However, neither of us are show/parade people so if we don't see it, it's not a big deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X