Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it me or is Disneyland's quality getting to be like all amusement parks?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me or is Disneyland's quality getting to be like all amusement parks?

It use to be Disneyland was the leader and the example for how amusement parks should be. Now it's unfinished areas & re-themed rides , down or closed attractions, poor park up keep, high prices and less innovations. What do you think?

It's just you. Even Universal pales in comparison to Disney in almost every way.
    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

I think it's still a leader... it's just not as much in the lead as it used to be. Safety, cleanliness, and guest experience are still largely top-notch. But some areas have slipped: detail, maintanence/upkeep, lack of quality/originality.

Comment

As I wrote elsewhere, it's turning into Universal. Hit-and-miss, with no charm and no soul.

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
          It's just you.
          Since several other posters agree with Old Gus (and there will be more), this statement is, by definition, incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Right Down Broadway View Post
            Since several other posters agree with Old Gus (and there will be more), this statement is, by definition, incorrect.
            Oh probably. The cranky old guard will be out to start bashing Disney with the same tired copied and pasted retorts.

I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Oh probably. The cranky old guard will be out to start bashing Disney with the same tired copied and pasted retorts.

Perhaps you'd like to counter them with a few points of your own?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Gus View Post
                It use to be Disneyland was the leader and the example for how amusement parks should be. Now it's unfinished areas & re-themed rides , down or closed attractions, poor park up keep, high prices and less innovations. What do you think?
                By every objective metric, Disney is still the worldwide leader of the theme park business. Disneyland itself has always set the standard for how Disney's theme parks should be operated, and if not for Disneyland being so successful, the other Disney parks would not exist.

Certainly some things have changed, but that's just the nature of the business. Favorite rides, attractions and shows eventually get replaced or removed and the overall offerings will always change. But this was always the intention of Walt, who was happy to say the park would always be changing and evolving.

​​​​​​

Comment

It's just you. Even Universal pales in comparison to Disney in almost every way.
                  While PARTS of Disney are certainly still exemplary, looking at lots of Animal Kingdom for example, there are certainly other areas where Universal easily compares. The Potter areas, Hogsmeade the Castle and Diagon Alley along with their rides, food, experiences, and merchandise are all easily on par with almost everything Disney currently offers. Throw in the Jurassic Park area which is fairly well fleshed out and there are large sections of the Florida parks that are pretty comparable. In there current states I would suggest Toontown and Hollywood Backlot are also the same if not worse than the comics, suess, and cartoon sections of the Uni florida parks too.

There are lots of things Disney still does very very well, I love walking through the Grand's quiet courtyards after a meal at Storytellers or Napa and then hopping in the pool before going back into the parks later to see WOC or fireworks. However, wandering through Hogsmeade with the castle and the new ride in a year or so might be pretty darn comparable to Cars Land, or Avatar Land, or Adventureland....depending on your preference of franchise.

Comment

There are thousands of threads discussing the same topic. We don't need another.

Comment

Working...
                    X