Bad news: Fire house band leaving for good

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news: Fire house band leaving for good

bad news: Known permanent closure dates -- experience them while you still can!from Touring Plans.

This attraction will become extinct on September 14, 2018.
    Its final day of operation is scheduled for Thursday, September 13, 2018. Description And Comments

Live band in fireman attire that performs outside the Main Street Fire Station.
    Last edited by CAspace; 08-12-2018, 06:09 PM. Reason: credit to touring plans

Recent failure to meet stock forecasts and an upcoming pay increase across the parks, no surprise corners are being cut. I hope I am wrong and they are simply replaced with something new, but these days I do not hold my breath.

Comment

Live music is not a 'corner' that should be cut. Music is a big part of what sets the DLR apart from other theme parks.

Comment

What a bummer, it seems like every week I'm more and more disappointed in the direction they're taking Disneyland.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGoat View Post
          Live music is not a 'corner' that should be cut. Music is a big part of what sets the DLR apart from other theme parks.
          I agree. Yet another "detail" that is cut, which 99% of guests will never notice. In it's place there will be a kiosk or display window to add a little splash to cover the hollow hole.

Comment

Didn't someone estimate the wage increase would cost the parks something like 80 million a year?

Have to make cuts in a lot of places to account for this, especially since the company is doing worse than last year. People can't have it both ways when it comes to worker wages and park spending.

Comment

........is this the back-up band to Cruella Deville....I can't remember how they are dressed

Comment

Originally posted by linkeq2001 View Post
                Recent failure to meet stock forecasts and an upcoming pay increase across the parks, no surprise corners are being cut. I hope I am wrong and they are simply replaced with something new, but these days I do not hold my breath.
                ALSO Disney/FOX DEAL !
                I would not hold my breath- going see more Corner Cuts and Higher price...........
                PAY MORE for less !
                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I agree
                  If you have not notice ........ Live music , has been getting cut back for years ,to save money ...........again PAY MORE for less !
                  Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by linkeq2001 View Post
                    lol

I hate this, if Disneyland is making more money than last year is ALL that should matter

RIP another band and hope Knotts pick's you up...cause somehow they have the money for entertainment but not Disney
                    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JerrodDRagon View Post

lol

I hate this, if Disneyland is making more money than last year is ALL that should matter

RIP another band and hope Knotts pick's you up...cause somehow they have the money for entertainment but not Disney
                      RIGHT
                      Knott's keep me going because ,there more music entertainment, than Disney !
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post
                        Didn't someone estimate the wage increase would cost the parks something like 80 million a year?

Have to make cuts in a lot of places to account for this, especially since the company is doing worse than last year. People can't have it both ways when it comes to worker wages and park spending.
                        About IGER ........."BONUS" .........?...
                        Last edited by Eagleman; 08-13-2018, 03:52 PM.
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Each day that passes I say I’m glad I did not renew my annual pass

Comment

Each day something comes up in Disneyland that reminds me of why I did not renew my annual pass.

Comment

Right.. I'm no fan of forcing a higher minimum wage, but we know top level execs and CEOs aren't taking any cuts.

Comment

I think what bothers me most about this, is that on my last visit (April 2018), I saw many performers playing in more than one band. How is cutting out one band saving any money?

Comment

How is cutting out one band saving any money?
                                  Fewer personnel = less payroll.

Comment

So I was thinking about this a lot since the announcement and I feel that there has to be more to this story then a simple knee jerk 'Disney is getting cheap' reaction.
                                    Firstly- while I'm not questioning the report, there is zero context as to why. It also says that it's closing permanently, something that can't be verified given that we have seem multiple attractions close 'permanently' just to reopen down the road.

Secondly- while there is certainly a cost associated with these performances, in the grand scheme of running a theme park, these guys wages are probably a drop in the bucket. Furthermore, there is no mention in the story if these musicians are getting let go, possibly just repurposed to other groups?

Thirdly- Perhaps the current members are just simply getting too old to perform and cannot meet the demands of the busy schedule. The job certianly favours an retired applicant and my guess is that younger replacements are difficult to find (for the money that Disney is willing to pay).

Fourthy- Maybe the draw of a live band is just not important to the theme park guest anymore?

I for one one feel that it's a loss for the park as I appreciate the ambiance a live band provides, but I also understand the evolution of society... for better or worse.
                                    I open a toy, review it and take mediocore pictures. Read all about it HERE!

Originally posted by VintageMouse;n8463446

You know best :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

About IGER ........."BONUS" .........?...
                                      Iger's bonus is in shares of stock. If the stock isn't doing well, he's taking a cut.

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
                                      Right.. I'm no fan of forcing a higher minimum wage, but we know top level execs and CEOs aren't taking any cuts.
                                      Company performance ABSOLUTELY impacts their STI, so yes, they are taking cuts.
                                      Matt's 40th Birthday Disneyland Trip. Club 33, Napa Rose, and Adventureland Suite!!! ~~|~~ Katherine's 11th Birthday Dapper Day trip with Club 33 ~~|~~ Matt's Review of the Art of the Craft Tour at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel ~~|~~ My Spring, 2017 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Fall, 2016 Dapper Day and Club33 Trip Report ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Walt's LA tour with Bob Gurr and Marty Skylar ~~|~~ My Summer, 2016 Family Firsts Trip Report ~~|~~ Matt's September, 2015 Solo after the Safari Sunrise Trip Report ~~|~~ World Famous Jungle Cruise Safari Sunrise Premium Experience Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2015 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2014 Family Vacation with Mickey's Halloween Party ~~|~~ My September, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My August, 2014 Solo Trip Report - 1901/C33 Jazz Club ~~|~~ My June, 2014 Solo Trip Report ~~|~~ My February, 2014 Dapper Day Trip Report ~~|~~ My Epic May, 2013 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2011 Trip Report ~~|~~ My October, 2010 Trip Report

Comment

Originally posted by Meville View Post
                                        Fourthy- Maybe the draw of a live band is just not important to the theme park guest anymore?

I for one one feel that it's a loss for the park as I appreciate the ambiance a live band provides, but I also understand the evolution of society... for better or worse.
                                        If Walt Disney had decided to only give us what the public wanted...we'd have Coney Island West.

Comment

Working...
                                        X