This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midway Mania slowly being revealed

Over at DisneyGeek.com, they have their latest construction progress shots up from this weekend. The tarps up around Midway Mania are finally starting to come down. And trust me, the result is not disappointing. It is a beautiful building.

Check it out:

http://disneygeek.com/progress/midwa...&image_count=0

I love all the spires, especially that little red ball.

The more they reveal, the worst the rest of Paradise Pier looks. That Mickey head looks really out of place with that Victorian building below it in my opinion. It matches the stucco that was there in 2001, but not all the woodwork and clapboard that is there now.

I can't wait for this ride to open!
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 11-18-2007, 12:17 PM.

Re: Midway Mania slowly being revealed

I couldn't agree more with you.
    The good news is this is the "first" representation of the new DCA, and it heralds a great look.
    I can't wait for the ride to open because I never ride screamin, but wait about instead, now I have something to do, as that is what I do when others ride Space Mountain, ride Buzz!

Comment

Spectacular.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
      ~

Comment

It truly looks amazing.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

I'm not holding my breath. The whole thing is still overshadowed by
          a coaster that looks like a coaster, There is SO MUCH WORK that needs
          to be done in this area. It's WAY too soon to say ~ remember how bad
          it was to begin with ~ANYTHING could be considered an improvement.

And the promise of a Big Giant talking Mr. Potatohead Carnival Barker ~
          That ain't gonna enhance the new "atmosphere" of the new roof.
          Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
          An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
          Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
          Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
            I'm not holding my breath. The whole thing is still overshadowed by
            a coaster that looks like a coaster
            The theme of Paradise Pier is still going to be that of an old beach boardwalk. The coaster is staying the way it is because it's supposed to look like a coaster.

Comment

I'm actually not a huge fan of the Midway Mania building so far. I mean, I don't dislike it or anything, and I know it's an improvement, but at least from what little I've seen, I'm not enormously impressed. Still nice, though. And I have high hopes.

Comment

I'm not sure about this ride. I haven't been fond of 3D attractions ever since HISTA and the one in a Bug's Land.

Comment

Have you ever seen Spiderman at Islands of Adventure? It is not a target shooting 3-D ride, but it is an Indy type ride where there are 3-D moving projections on the walls and it works. Boy does it work! It single handedly outdoes anything Disney has done yet. And this is a ride, not just a 3-D show. Buzz Lightyear is already a hit, and this will be plussed. I think it will do well. I also think the building, just from what we can see now, is going to be a real plus to the area and will give us a good idea of the Victorian look that will soon be coming to the entire area. And even if the coaster is changed to a Villains Theme at some point, it's still going to look like a big old Wooden Coaster, which is what it's supposed to be. It's not going to change the way it looks at all.
                  Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Comment

It looks so detailed and nice

Comment

Have you ever seen Spiderman at Islands of Adventure? It is not a target shooting 3-D ride, but it is an Indy type ride where there are 3-D moving projections on the walls and it works. Boy does it work! It single handedly outdoes anything Disney has done yet.
                      I've heard it's amazing. I'd really like to ride it...though I doubt I'll agree that it "singlehandedly outdoes anything Disney has done yet."

Comment

Originally posted by Datameister View Post
                        I've heard it's amazing. I'd really like to ride it...though I doubt I'll agree that it "singlehandedly outdoes anything Disney has done yet."
                        It definitely outdoes anything Disney has done in the past 10 years.

Comment

I like the look of the building. I think if they continue down this road with the area, they will actually capture a "Disney feel" to the area, not a cheap carnival. The idea of an old fashion California sea side park was not a bad idea, they just went with too contemorary of a look the first time around and it really had a cheap feel. If they can make me feel like I am back 80 years ago, then Paradise Pier may stop getting bashed by so many people like me.

I think the design of this building REALLY points out how they went on the cheap the first time around. I will never forget going to DCA the first time with several friends and walking down the boardwalk midway area and one friend (not a Disney nerd) said "wow, Walk would roll over in his grave if he saw this."

Justin

"Chuck Norris can slam a revolving door"

Comment

Wow.... it really does make EVERYTHING and I mean EVERY thing in Paradise Pier look like the crap it always was. But now it's just all the more clear (it was pretty clear to start though lol).

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                            http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

I gotta say, I've never been all that opposed to the Mickey head in the Screamin' loop. Yeah, it ain't genius, and it certainly ain't theming, but...I dunno. I kinda like it for some reason. Definitely jars with the TSMM building, though.

Comment

The stylized Mickey is an icon. Yes it may not fit the theme but in reality it transcends the theme. With its wide walkways it will always be tough to do immersive theming to DCA because it becomes hard hide sight lines. It may well take another 15 years to really get DCA up to standard.
                                Originally posted by SummerInFL
                                Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

Originally posted by Wanda Woman
                                Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

Comment

It's absolutely gorgeous looking!

The new DCA is going to be brilliant.

Comment

Lookin' good!

Comment

Ooooo that looks awsome, I'm wondering how they're going to dress up Screamin to make it seem more "victorian" other than the mickey loop re-placement I havn't seen much. Are they going to? because in all of the pictures the details are overshadowed by the ugly supports of Screamin'

Comment

sssoooooo excited!
                                        Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X