No announcement yet.

Goodbye Jedi Training Academy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It wasn't for me but it didn't take up much space and seemed to always have a crowd.

I hope they add a new show and don't let the stage just sit there
    Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post

Agreed I have been stuck in that mess after fireworks and you cannot move at all.
      It's not even just that, which is bad enough, but for it to be clogged in the middle of the day on both sides is a little ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

IMO- I feel Jedi Training Academy-has been a overkill...........

Star Tours will stay for little longer in Tomorrowland ,until they decide ,what to do with the land
        That I agree.
        How is Jedi Academy overkill? It makes many kids happy and their fanboy parents wishing they were their kids. My kid is sad that it is leaving.

Comment

There will be an improved version of it in SWL. As for all the other Star Wars, Launch Bay will close (it is technically an 'exhibit' of the Expo Center). Star Tours will close.

Think about it, Star Tours would be the EASIEST ride to relocate, but there are no plans to. At all. Nada. Instead, I predict in a year or two after SWL opens, they'll repurpose the simulator cabins elsewhere. I think Marvel-land.
          ​​​​​​
          And then, with Space Mountain being the only real draw left, Tomorrowland will finally be extensively remodeled.

Comment

It has definitely overstayed way longer than it should have IMO. Hoping for a new show and one that doesn't involve plastic toys. Whatever happened to the live music in tommorowland that they had a few years back? Is that still a thing on some nights or is it gone?

Comment

I hate that too.....and happen to often........
              or the CM's have me work in a circle
              While it is frustrating when the CM's push you in a direction you don't want to go or make you take a longer route than you should have to I know they are trying to make the situation better for everyone so I try to just do what they want but it can be very frustrating.
              BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Originally posted by Phantomwise View Post
                There will be an improved version of it in SWL. As for all the other Star Wars, Launch Bay will close (it is technically an 'exhibit' of the Expo Center). Star Tours will close.

Think about it, Star Tours would be the EASIEST ride to relocate, but there are no plans to. At all. Nada. Instead, I predict in a year or two after SWL opens, they'll repurpose the simulator cabins elsewhere. I think Marvel-land.
                ​​​​​​
                And then, with Space Mountain being the only real draw left, Tomorrowland will finally be extensively remodeled.
                I actually think star tours will stay just as it is, think about it they made the land of Galaxy's edge one of the destinations which helps to sell that star tours is outside of the area and therefore selling that you have traveled there. I think this was the Immageneers way of making sure that star tours can stay right where it is.

Comment

This is too early to cancel this show for it to even be related to SWGE. Cost cutting at it's finest right before the holidays. If they are going to add something new to SWGE you would think that closing this show after the 1st of the year would give them enough time to make a new show in the new land.
                  These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                  My company had a special night at the park
                  WdW trip report with WWoHP
                  NYE 2011 trip report
                  Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                  Leap year 24 hour report
                  New DCA trip report
                  NYE 2012
                  HKDL trip report

Comment

I actually think star tours will stay just as it is, think about it they made the land of Galaxy's edge one of the destinations which helps to sell that star tours is outside of the area and therefore selling that you have traveled there. I think this was the Imageneers way of making sure that star tours can stay right where it is.
                    I think the current Batuu / Black Spire Outpost / SWGE destination in Star Tours is there to build up anticipation for when the new land is open. I doubt it has anything to do with establishing that Star Tours is based somewhere outside of the new land. However (as much as I would love Star Tours would like it moved to SWGE, in some form) I think it will remain in Tomorrowland, but only unless/until management decides to start updating Tomorrowland. At that point, I think it will be one of the first items to change.
                    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Regarding the removal of Jedi Training Academy, they already announced that SWGE would have a new version of it. It's just strange if they wrap up the current show 6 - 12 months before it is supposed to start in the new location. I mean, unless it's going to become a much bigger deal, I can't see them needing very long to rehearse and get things ready in the new location.
                      Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
                        Regarding the removal of Jedi Training Academy, they already announced that SWGE would have a new version of it. It's just strange if they wrap up the current show 6 - 12 months before it is supposed to start in the new location. I mean, unless it's going to become a much bigger deal, I can't see them needing very long to rehearse and get things ready in the new location.
                        It could be a cost preventive measure, as we are now officially in the new fiscal year.

Comment

^Ah true. Attendance was down a bit in 2018, so nothing like saving a few pennies to look good on spreadsheets before SW:GE opens.

Comment

But only unless/until management decides to start updating Tomorrowland.

I hope for updating -New Tomorrowland after Disney Leadership change ...
                            ...and maybe ,there new Hope for the Land !

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I think the current Batuu / Black Spire Outpost / SWGE destination in Star Tours is there to build up anticipation for when the new land is open. I doubt it has anything to do with establishing that Star Tours is based somewhere outside of the new land. However (as much as I would love Star Tours would like it moved to SWGE, in some form) I think it will remain in Tomorrowland, but only unless/until management decides to start updating Tomorrowland. At that point, I think it will be one of the first items to change.
                              I don't disagree that it was put there to build anticipation however it can also be used to create the idea that this is a port elsewhere (solely my opinion) Could they remove it down the line sure but I think that is 10 years off at the earliest and depends completely on what they choose to do with tomorrow land. I would point out that it is a extremely popular ride for evidence that it is staying but we know from example that has little meaning to the current management.

Comment

Lately, I've gotten the idea in my head that they may update Tomorrowland piecemeal, rather than largely shutting it down, doing wholesale demolition and then reconstructing it. If this is the direction they go, I suspect that a new attraction replacing Star Tours will be one of the earlier changes, though likely after whatever they do with the Carrousel Theater building, which really should be the first item dealt with.
                                Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

That means Darth Vader will be hanging out in Galaxy’s Edge rather Tomorrowland next summer!
                                  Jedi Training Academy-has been a overkill in Tomorrowland -to long !
                                  Was full every time I ever attended. Kids of the right age loved it.

Comment

I don't disagree that it was put there to build anticipation however it can also be used to create the idea that this is a port elsewhere (solely my opinion) Could they remove it down the line sure but I think that is 10 years off at the earliest and depends completely on what they choose to do with tomorrow land. I would point out that it is a extremely popular ride for evidence that it is staying but we know from example that has little meaning to the current management.
                                    Sure, it's a popular ride right now. And it'll probably remain popular as a sort of overflow for SWL. Eventually though, its popularity will drop and I don't think it'll take 10 years.

As for the Batuu location being added, keep in mind that WDW's Star Tours is right on the edge of their SWL. There, a thematic reasoning of "this is where you've landed" makes sense. Not so here. If they wanted to, all they would have to do is to build a new building and move the simulator cabins over.

Whereas, considering that Marvel-land is coming and that they've already done an Iron Man simulator ride before, I think it very likely that those cabins will end up repurposed.

Comment

Sure, it's a popular ride right now. And it'll probably remain popular as a sort of overflow for SWL. Eventually though, its popularity will drop and I don't think it'll take 10 years.

As for the Batuu location being added, keep in mind that WDW's Star Tours is right on the edge of their SWL. There, a thematic reasoning of "this is where you've landed" makes sense. Not so here. If they wanted to, all they would have to do is to build a new building and move the simulator cabins over.

Whereas, considering that Marvel-land is coming and that they've already done an Iron Man simulator ride before, I think it very likely that those cabins will end up repurposed.
                                      I can agree with the possibility of moving the simulators to marvel-land although I am hoping they will be more innovative with the rides there more like the Spiderman ride in Islands of adventure. Also my 10 years was when Tomorrowland will finally be looked at, I think you have the full Marvel-land (which will not be open in 2020 this will be a shell of what the land will become) and the fantasyland expansion (addressing toontown, the theater, and the old moterboat cruise area and much of smallworld mall area) before anything will be done with Tomorrowland.

Comment

I can agree with the possibility of moving the simulators to marvel-land although I am hoping they will be more innovative with the rides there more like the Spiderman ride in Islands of adventure. Also my 10 years was when Tomorrowland will finally be looked at, I think you have the full Marvel-land (which will not be open in 2020 this will be a shell of what the land will become) and the fantasyland expansion (addressing toontown, the theater, and the old moterboat cruise area and much of smallworld mall area) before anything will be done with Tomorrowland.
                                        I would love to think that they would be more creative, but they can be pretty predictable.

Fantasyland expansion? Is that official? As far as I know only a series of remodels of the Fantasyland queues has been talked about. I do suspect that Mickey's Runaway Rail will be coming to Toontown (potentially the Theatre or behind Toontown), but I could see that happening at the same time as a Tomorrowland remodel.

Comment

I would love to think that they would be more creative, but they can be pretty predictable.

Fantasyland expansion? Is that official? As far as I know only a series of remodels of the Fantasyland queues has been talked about. I do suspect that Mickey's Runaway Rail will be coming to Toontown (potentially the Theatre or behind Toontown), but I could see that happening at the same time as a Tomorrowland remodel.
                                          official no, but I have heard rummors of a mini-frozen land and with the popularity of the Frozen ride in EPCOT I can see that happening and I also agree with the Mickey's Runaway Rail coming as well. My thought is those are on the docket before anything tomorrowland. Pure speculation of course.

Comment

Working...
                                          X