Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President's Day Weekend

Hello!
    I originally had a trip planned in mid-September of this year, but my family and I had to cancel very, very last minute (i.e. less than a week before we were scheduled to go) because of a sudden family emergency involving someone who was going on the trip. It was heartbreaking all around and I have been pretty out of the loop on Disney things since then because I was devastated about the situation, as well as the trip being cancelled.

However, we have now finally rescheduled for February 15th-21st! We are staying at the Grand Californian this time (instead of Paradise Pier like we had booked originally) which is super exciting. I know it's President's Day weekend for Americans (we're Canadian and it's a stat for some provinces too but only some) and I know it will be busy. We are wanting to know though; which will be the busiest of the weekend days? (Saturday, Sunday, or Monday) I'm asking because we will have a day off from the parks on one of those days, and just check out the hotel and pool. I know every day will be pretty busy, but does anyone have an idea of which one is the worst?

Thank you so much and I'm excited to be back on here!

Based on AP blackouts and local school vacations I would say Sunday is probably going to be the busiest. Most people are off and the top tier AP's are not blocked. Monday has more AP's open but many adults still work that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
      Based on AP blackouts and local school vacations I would say Sunday is probably going to be the busiest. Most people are off and the top tier AP's are not blocked. Monday has more AP's open but many adults still work that day.
      Good to know, thank you so much!

Comment

We usually go during Presidents’ Day weekend and I think that Sunday is a little more crowded than Saturday. Monday is probably the best day because a lot of people leave to get back home on Tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post
          We usually go during Presidents’ Day weekend and I think that Sunday is a little more crowded than Saturday. Monday is probably the best day because a lot of people leave to get back home on Tuesday.
          Awesome, thanks for sharing that - we've decided we will definitely have Sunday as our day off! I've never been at this time of year - is it busy, but less busy than, say, spring break times?

Comment

Originally posted by kalimouse View Post

Awesome, thanks for sharing that - we've decided we will definitely have Sunday as our day off! I've never been at this time of year - is it busy, but less busy than, say, spring break times?
            I haven't visited during spring break for many, many years so I can't really attest to how busy it can get. Whenever I go for Presidents Day I feel like overall wait times are pretty tolerable. The only rides that have lines longer than 60 minutes are usually Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Splash Mountain. The walkways will feel crowded, but it just depends on your tolerance for crowds. Personally, I know what I'm getting into when I visit Disneyland, so I adjust my expectations accordingly.

I really like visiting during this time of year because the weather is generally wonderful in Southern California and it's nice to get a break from winter.

Comment

It's hard to judge "times" of the year these days. Any time of the year will have both busy and lower crowded days as the old off season period is all but gone. December seems to be the most hectic overall. If there is an event day like Dapper Days etc. those days get super busy. I would say Sundays seem to be the busiest as this last year we upgraded our passes so we could go Sat and we do notice Sat's seem more open then Sundays do. Friday Evenings and Sunday mid days seem to be the most crowded and Mon-Thurs mornings seem to be the least crowded. This is only based on my personal observation over the past couple of years going at least once a month. As they say your mileage may very.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Foo View Post

I haven't visited during spring break for many, many years so I can't really attest to how busy it can get. Whenever I go for Presidents Day I feel like overall wait times are pretty tolerable. The only rides that have lines longer than 60 minutes are usually Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Splash Mountain. The walkways will feel crowded, but it just depends on your tolerance for crowds. Personally, I know what I'm getting into when I visit Disneyland, so I adjust my expectations accordingly.

I really like visiting during this time of year because the weather is generally wonderful in Southern California and it's nice to get a break from winter.
                This just eased a lot of our worries. We were worried it would be totally unmanageable but we have experienced and can handle the super headliners having over an hour waits (and we expect it)! Agreed about the weather - we're Canadian, so California is like a dream for us

Comment

Working...
                X