World of Color Returning Soon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post
    A permit has been filed for Press Platforms - World of Color - December 5th...
    What does that mean exactly??

Comment

Originally posted by disneyland55 View Post

In simplified terms, WOC will return on Dec. 5th.

Comment

The thought of them installing temporary press platforms for one day makes many think the show is returning that night and they are inviting local media/bloggers to watch. Likely to remind people World
        of Color exists and to come to DCA for the holidays.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
        ~

Comment

Or they could be filming for Holiday Specials running this year as well - Indina Menzel did a couple years back
          Follow me on Twitter @hurricanefreak

"hope for the best plan for the worst"

Comment

Originally posted by hurricanefreak View Post
            Or they could be filming for Holiday Specials running this year as well - Indina Menzel did a couple years back
            But they wouldn’t specifically label that World of Color

~

Comment

Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post

But they wouldn’t specifically label that World of Color
              Yep it's pretty much semi-official now. DCA hours for December 6th has the park closing at 9 pm. Strange, considering how all other days this month have the park closing at its normal time of 10 pm. This pretty much confirms that they are having a press event for World of Color or that they are filming something for the holiday special. We'll just wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectacular View Post

Yep it's pretty much semi-official now. DCA hours for December 6th has the park closing at 9 pm. Strange, considering how all other days this month have the park closing at its normal time of 10 pm. This pretty much confirms that they are having a press event for World of Color or that they are filming something for the holiday special. We'll just wait and see.
                There is a private event they do annually in DCA that day.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectacular View Post

Dec. 6th is the annual big KOST 103.5 Christmas party, this year in DCA. Since I've won tickets I sure hope WOC goes off that night.....
                  Last edited by ExCandyMaker; 12-03-2018, 11:45 AM. Reason: GRAMMAR

Comment

They normally do have WOC for Kost, perhaps good things are ahead.

~

Comment

Small update on the whole permit angle...

There were several references to December 5th in the permit, but now that I'm looking at it again, I'm not so sure the 5th is referring to the day this will actually happen. There's now a mention of December 10th in there too for "Inspection by Fire Department", so I think we may be slightly off on the day the show will actually return. But I'd think it's still going to be very soon no matter what. I'd say the 10th is looking like a real possibility now. Maybe someone that's more of an expert on Anaheim building permits could enlighten us.

It's also possible they could soft open the show before this apparent press event, but it's still worth keeping an eye on.

Comment

Can someone post the permit in question?

Comment

You can read the permit here:

Permit Number: BLD2018-05345

Comment

Thank you Timo. Yeah, definitely looks like Dec 10, something will be happening in the WoC area. Bummer, I’ll be there this Thursday & Friday...hoping for a preview! Maybe! Possibly!

Comment

At the ticket booth tonight the woman selling passes told me it won’t be open until next year. Not sure if that’s just something they’re saying...

Comment

At the ticket booth tonight the woman selling passes told me it won’t be open until next year. Not sure if that’s just something they’re saying...
                                Interesting......I bet she is right !
                                I have the feeling ,World of Color ,still have Issue....
                                We See
                                Last edited by Eagleman; 12-05-2018, 11:05 PM.
                                Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Nobody there will give a solid date to anyone asking just cause they ask. Trust me on that. I don’t work at Disney but have had information in regards to big sports news stories in my market before it’s officially released and I’ve been told to flat out not answer questions when asked or give a generic “I don’t know answer.” While she did mention a possible date of next year for WOC I can honestly say I was told by someone at Lamplight that they were told WOC is down until Summer 2019 which I don’t believe at all so take her next year answer with a grain of salt.

Comment

Just keeping in mind that "Next Year" is now a little over 3 weeks away.

Comment

You will never get a straight answer from any Disney worker on when something will open or debut any show as they do not want the possibility of a guest being up set if that date doesn't happen. When World of Color opened we had a trip booked at the Grand Californian and could not get a worker to tell us anything about how to see the show or for that matter if the show even existed. We literally had one hotel cast member tell us they did not know of any show called world of color. It was incredibly frustrating when trying to plan this trip and with the way they did seating when the show first opened we actually were not able to see the show during that trip and didn't end up seeing it until a year later.
                                      BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

When it happens, it happens. This endless speculation just fuels rumors. Just pretend you're back in the days before Social Media and the constant influx of information.

Comment

They just posted the return announcements for the Lunar New Year celebration, no mention of World of Color with Hurry Home....
                                          so who knows when its coming back at this point

Comment

Working...
                                          X