• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mycroft16
    replied
    Re: Human Ariel In Christmas Parade!!

Originally posted by DisneyRoyalty View Post
    Is he really named Adam in the Disney Princess Storybook? I'd heard that he wasn't named anywhere but that Disney Encyclopedia.
    It is in the one I have at least. It's the blue hardback version with silver guilt edges. It's in a box we haven't unpacked from moving yet or I'd scan the page it's on.

Leave a comment:

• ~xxBooxx~
    replied

Originally posted by littlecricket View Post
    Actually the Beast's name is Adam. It's the closest thing to an official name as it comes from the Disney Encyclopedia. Vincent is just a fan name that is based on the old 'Beauty and the Beast' show with Ron Pearlman and Linda Hamilton.
    Disney Encyclopedia??? Can you buy this somewhere?????? Anywho... its very nice to see ariel (Human) in the parade, But its even cooler to see prince Eric!

Leave a comment:

• DisneyRoyalty
    replied

Is he really named Adam in the Disney Princess Storybook? I'd heard that he wasn't named anywhere but that Disney Encyclopedia.

Leave a comment:

• mycroft16
    replied

Adam is also given as his name in the Disney Princess Storybook. My wife loves that as my name is Adam and Belle is her favorite princess. It's fate... or something =D

Leave a comment:

• littlecricket
    replied

Originally posted by SparkyLD View Post
    Gotta love Prince Vincent
    Actually the Beast's name is Adam. It's the closest thing to an official name as it comes from the Disney Encyclopedia. Vincent is just a fan name that is based on the old 'Beauty and the Beast' show with Ron Pearlman and Linda Hamilton.

Leave a comment:

• tcsnwhite
    replied

Originally posted by Moving Sidewalk View Post
    Not true. It was due to a lack of cast members for the role. Which means-- CMs changing their availability, separating from the company, and the show/casting directors not finding suitable CMs to portray those roles. You can't merely have one prince, and leave the other two princesses without one. So it's all 3 princes or no princes at all. The show director for "Parade of Dreams" is different than the one for "A Christmas Fantasy". And it's a lot easier to find someone for a role for a 6-week parade than it is to find someone for a parade that runs over 10 months in the year.
    hmmmm, cause looking at these gentleman in "A Christmas Fantasy" I couldn't see why they couldn't be in POD from a "looks" point of view. Some of the better princes in a while actually. One or two actually looked like they were in POD way back when too.

So these guys can do it for a 6 week or so run, but not through a whole year of POD coming up?
    bummer

Leave a comment:

• mycroft16
    replied

Originally posted by patattack View Post
    this one would have been a better dress
    http://www.fpx.de/fp/Disney/Pictures/DancingAriel.jpg
    I am still holding out that they'll give her that dress some day. That is the most beautiful dress she wears.

As for her Disneyland Grotto, I'm hoping they keep it just the way it is. That's one of our favorite meet and greets. And the Ariel characters are always so in character and so much fun to play off of.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

I knew a guy who played Prince Phillip and ALSO a Traditions Lead.

Leave a comment:

• Moving Sidewalk
    replied

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
    They were fired from a parade?
    No, they were not fired. I think most left on their own will-- school or a better paying job. Some may have quit after their role was cut. Or some may have worked other roles in the parade or out in the park.

Leave a comment:

• Moving Sidewalk
    replied

That was due to a new Entertainment Director who didnt like their choreo.
    Not true. It was due to a lack of cast members for the role. Which means-- CMs changing their availability, separating from the company, and the show/casting directors not finding suitable CMs to portray those roles. You can't merely have one prince, and leave the other two princesses without one. So it's all 3 princes or no princes at all. The show director for "Parade of Dreams" is different than the one for "A Christmas Fantasy". And it's a lot easier to find someone for a role for a 6-week parade than it is to find someone for a parade that runs over 10 months in the year.

Leave a comment:

• codelyokorox
    replied

From POD.
    i'm so behind on everything.
    That's kinda lame... I liked seeing them there.

Back on topic.
    I thought it was Triton Gardens. But I wish they had Ariel in the dress she wears in the resteraunt.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeyDishwasher
    replied

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Slightly OT: Why does Disney have two places of the same name, but in two different parks?? Guests are already confused as is. They believe that one Ariel's Grotto is the other.

Because they're not?

(as I've already clarified twice).

Edit to Add: Here's the Disneyland.com description of Ariel's meet and greet in Fantasyland, which specifies her meeting area to be in Triton's Gardens: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...AttractionPage
    Last edited by MonkeyDishwasher; 11-19-2007, 10:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• SparkyLD
    replied

Originally posted by codelyokorox View Post
    From POD.

Leave a comment:

• codelyokorox
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SparkyLD
    replied

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
    Haha how long until the princes are fired from this parade too?

Leave a comment:

• SparkyLD
    replied

Originally posted by patattack View Post
    maybe next year the beast can finally turn into a prince
    then it will all make sense.
    Gotta love Prince Vincent

Leave a comment:

• codelyokorox
    replied

Originally posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Slightly OT: Why does Disney have two places of the same name, but in two different parks?? Guests are already confused as is. They believe that one Ariel's Grotto is the other.
    It's called Ariel's Grotto?
    Guess you learn something new everyday. (And I'm not talking about the resteraunt!)

I think she should be human there too.
    Since she's above ground? And there's a statue of her in mermaid-form over there. But, if they get rid of her mermaid form I will be sad. Since when has Disney made sense anyway? I mean, Bambi 2 has nothing to do with AFTER Bambi.

They don't need to make sense.

Leave a comment:

• Dan - Tasmic!
    replied

Originally posted by MonkeyDishwasher View Post
    Right. Don't expect things to change is all I'm saying. And the area in discussion is technically called Triton Gardens so as not to confuse anyone by calling both places the same name.

Leave a comment:

• Rex Dopey24
    replied

oh yes seeing ariel and eric was so nice and its about time they bring out eric. Great shots.

Leave a comment:

• MonkeyDishwasher
    replied

Right. Don't expect things to change is all I'm saying. And the area in discussion is technically called Triton Gardens so as not to confuse anyone by calling both places the same name.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X