Disneyland After Dark Returns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] Disneyland After Dark Returns

After hearing nothing about a “series” of after hours events since Star Wars Nite back in May, Laughing Place has posted a rumor that it will return in 2019. Maybe in January, they will do 90’s Nite and after that they will do Sweethearts’ Nite. Hope this is true though I would have preferred an 80’s night.

The events were pretty successful so I can see it happening again, I would bet on another 24 hour day coming sometime soon too.
    BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Maybe once the additional parking is available, so that there is less chance of a massive back-up onto the freeway.
      Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

I hope this is true! The Disney Afternoon defined my childhood, and I can see it being a feature of '90s night.

Comment

The Throwback Nite was some of the most fun I've had at Disneyland. It really felt special and I'm not sure anything can top it, but I would definitely think about going again.

Comment

I can only imagine the GE after hours events in the coming years!!! I'm shocked they don't do more of these things. I imagine it can drive tons of revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
              The Throwback Nite was some of the most fun I've had at Disneyland. It really felt special and I'm not sure anything can top it, but I would definitely think about going again.
              Oh it can be topped. It was a lot of fun but they all are. I would have to say the Summer of Heroes event and the MSEP event were even more fun. There is something about disco music blaring over the entire park that makes you feel like dancing and having fun even more than 50’s music. I also preferred the Star Wars night because it was outstanding as well.

Comment

Originally posted by mickdaddy View Post
                The events were pretty successful so I can see it happening again, I would bet on another 24 hour day coming sometime soon too.
                I would love to see another 24 hour event. I did one and stayed 18 hours, then did the last one and was there all 24 and I would do it again.

Comment

Originally posted by order 1966 View Post

I would love to see another 24 hour event. I did one and stayed 18 hours, then did the last one and was there all 24 and I would do it again.
                  I would love to build a trip around one as I am out of state but what a cool experience it would be to watch the sun rise in Disneyland.
                  BGood! It's not just my motto its my name!

Comment

Yes it is and they have special events around the park to make it even better like screening the Mary Poppims movie as a sing along in the opera house but you have to be prepared. The first time I only had a hotel for the morning and left at midnight for the 90 minute drive home. The second time I got a hotel to go to after the 6am closing to sleep for a few hours before the drive home.

Comment

I heard good things about the retro night. I'm wary of attending any of the special after hours events now, though. I went to the first Star Wars night, and I've never been more disappointed in a Disney experience. It was awful. To pay all that extra money, just to wait in an hour long line for a photo only to have the character not be there on our turn. Instead we got a photo with a static figure. Then we got in ANOTHER line for a photo, and after waiting in line an hour, we were told the wait would be another 2 hours by a cast member. We tried to get in line to buy merch, but that line was an hour long just to get into the store, and things were winding down for the end of the night. I don't know if we just had horrible luck and timing, but we paid 200 bucks for one photo that didn't even have a character in it. The event felt WAY oversold. I hope they don't oversell the next after dark events - I'll be waiting to buy tickets until I see how they go!

Comment

Sounds like bad luck. The fireworks show alone was worth it for me as it was really good. The March of the First Order was fun and Light saber training for kids AND adults with the actors who played Boba Fett and Darth Maul was very memorable. The only long line I was in was for the Ewoks and the other lines with characters were very short in the last hour or two.

Comment

Having special events, such as "Disneyland After Dark"
                          Does sound like fun......if it in the Interest topic ,that one is into !
                          So That Good.....
                          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
                          X