X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News About Last Year's Turkeys - Philadelphia Daily News

Sad news to report to you.

Philadelphia Daily News columnist Stu Bykofsky called Disneyland publicist John McClintock to ask about last yaer's pardoned Thanksgiving turkeys, Marshmallow and Yam.

"'They were raised as Thanksgiving turkeys,' McClintock says, which are 'not meant to live a long time.' The diet they are fed 'literally makes the turkeys so fat it's difficult for them to stand on their legs. That's one reason they did not live a long time and were not expected to live a long time.'

"Celebrity turkeys dropping dead that fast isn't what I'd hoped to hear from The Happiest Place On Earth."

Re: Sad News About Last Year's Turkeys - Philadelphia Daily News

Not to burst your bubble...but what did you expect?

Comment

They exist so we can have turkey on Thanksgiving (among other times...)

It's the circle of life. (theirs anyway)

We appreciate their "sacrifice". LOL

Bon apetite!

Comment

Um...if they died...who in the world is THIS??

(Photo taken 11/12)

Comment

Just sad nobody "gobbled" them before they croaked.

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan View Post
            Um...if they died...who in the world is THIS??

(Photo taken 11/12)

That's an imposter, his name is Sweet Potato. He's just filling in for the time being...

LOL

Comment

(Photo taken by Hector)

(In Hunchback of Notre Dame voice)
              "SANCTUARY!!!"

Comment

I thought one of the two was still alive at least earlier this month?

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Actually, Yam and Marshmallow were the two turkeys from two years ago. Last years' were named Flyer and Fryer. I'm pretty sure those two are still alive...

Comment

One, Flyer i think, died quite a few months ago, but as of a few days ago, Fryer is still goin strong
                    Is this haunted signature
                    actually
                    stretching?

Or is it your imagination, hmm?
                    Rockin' Lady Adelade of Random
                    also known as...
                    Dominatrix of Randomness

Comment

I talked to a CM about the turkeys in August and he was surprised they were still alive at that point. Plus it is time for more turkeys to come soon anyways, almost perfect timing.

Comment

Fryer is alive and well, and Marshmallow & Yam lived FAR past their life expectancy. I've been told that two of them (although I don't remember which 2 ) didn't get along at ALL and that's why they only had 1 on stage at a time - because they'd have fought with each other!
                        "Remember 'Old Yeller'? We shot the dog." - Roy E. Disney

Comment

My avatar is (was?) the last remaining pardoned turkey, after the first one died. That photo was taken a couple months ago, but I don't see the sign explaining that they were pardoned up anymore. The one shown above, dated November 12th, looks a little too skinny to be Flyer or Fryer.

Comment

Didn't they end up at a Turkey Leg stand?

Comment

One died of heatstroke. The other was still alive the last time I looked.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X