This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can rental wheelchairs/ECVs parkhop?

Yes, yes, I know; logic dictates that of course they can. But I have no first hand knowledge about this, and I've been asked that specific question. So I turn to the experts for a definite answer. That way, if it's wrong, I can blame you.
    Current hat total: 100 of 100 - completed!

Duckland
    : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Re: Can rental wheelchairs/ECVs parkhop?

Yes they can.
    Check out my flickr photos!

Comment

Thank you. I thought that was the only thing that made sense, but better to make sure.

I'm going to DL with three renters; don't hate us, they all have good excuses.

Duckland
      : Stroll through downtown Duckburg, making sure to tour Scrooge's Money Bin, then cross the Audubon Bay Bridge to St. Canard. Visit Liquidator's Splash Pool, and don't forget a stop by Bushroot Gardens!

Comment

If you or one of them stays at one of the DLR hotels, the wheelchairs can go anywhere on property. The ones in the park have to stay between the 2. But, they can assist you to the parking trams if they have enough help. You just have to ask.

Comment

Oh, that's good to know! Sadly, it's just a day trip, but we were concerned about one of our group actually being able to get from the tram stop to the gate, due to issues with his legs and balance.

Duckland

Comment

They seem to be pretty accomodating with wheelchairs. I had a bad leg a coule years ago and was treated very well. There was only one incident that I really felt could have been handeled differently, and that was with a character.

My brother was wheeling me along in the direction of my favorite land, Bear Country, when we were blindsided by that big gray bear. I know he was just foolin, but it hurt pretty bad. My brother was helping me back into my chair when the bear did it again!

This time I had to say "Listen guy, my leg doesn't work! If it did, I would be walking!" I waved my leg around so that he could see where the bone had been seperated. He seemed to have gotten weirded out by seeing my leg and headed back off into the bushes by Country Bears.

Now, no hard feelings or anything, because I do come for the entertainment and all, and if I was the bear, I probably would have done the same thing. Only, the way I would have handeled it differently would have been I probably would have grabbed the leg, then he would have seen that it was a prop and I was a phony all along!
            Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

If you're thinking about renting one from an out side rental company (so you can go anywhere and not have to worry about transfering, walking, ect...) check out this company... I had a FANTASTIC experience and I reccomend them to anyone who asks.

http://www.mobility-source.com/Welcome.html

The rental are cheap and the service and the actual scooter are so great! If you do go with them, tell that you got their info from a lady on MiceChat named Stephanie!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Missviolet View Post
                If you're thinking about renting one from an out side rental company...
                Question Missviolet, when you rent from an outside source do you pick them up from them or do they have some way of delivering them? For example, if I was staying across the street do they deliver to the hotels? Thanks.
                Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

They deliver it to your hotel and then they pick it up too. The guy who works that site is really nice and they're based in San Diego. The time that I used them, they delivered a brand new (looking at least!) ECV. I used their scooter from about 7:30 am to midnight and the battery didn't budge past three quarters full. Just awesome!

Comment

Yes
                    and they should have one central location in the middle area in between for rentals for both parks

"This would be a great place if we could only get rid of all these people." - Walt Disney

sigpic

"Whenever I go on a ride, I'm always thinking of what's wrong with the thing and how it can be improved."

Comment

Thanks Missviolet. Good to know since my mom might be going with us next year.
                      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                        Thanks Missviolet. Good to know since my mom might be going with us next year.
                        Any time! That company is really great too. I never boast about companies, but I was so satsified. It's amasing how much fun you can have when you're actaully doing things for your self, by means of a super realiable ECV.

Comment

It depends which CM you get, but if you explain about the issues with walking from the tram to the gate I'm sure they'd accomodate you. The scooters and wheelchairs are only allowed inside the parks, and to go from one park to another in the central area. They aren't allowed beyond the security gates or the GC exit/entrance from what I've seen.

Comment

FYI they cannot board the monorail, you will have to leave it at the Tomorrowland station if you plan on doing so, so if you're staying in the hotel, or plan on taking the Monorail to DTD keep that in mind...

The only way they can park hop is if you go out through the main exit of the park and cross over because it's between the two security tents! :]

Comment

Originally posted by GothicManor View Post
                              Yes
                              and they should have one central location in the middle area in between for rentals for both parks
                              And during peak season times, they have done just that. Setting up a tent fixture in the Esplanade over by the kennel club. When construction on Sunshine Plaza finally kicks into high gear, it's a good bet that the tent will be set up for a long time.
                              "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Originally posted by EmeralineDragon View Post
                                Yes, yes, I know; logic dictates that of course they can. But I have no first hand knowledge about this, and I've been asked that specific question. So I turn to the experts for a definite answer. That way, if it's wrong, I can blame you.
                                They can in Disneyland...they cannot in Disney World.
                                Linda (former DRC Cast Member)
                                Mice Chat Travel Planner
                                [email protected]
                                www.magicalvacationworldtravel.com

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                                  It depends which CM you get, but if you explain about the issues with walking from the tram to the gate I'm sure they'd accomodate you. The scooters and wheelchairs are only allowed inside the parks, and to go from one park to another in the central area. They aren't allowed beyond the security gates or the GC exit/entrance from what I've seen.

Originally posted by Zeus View Post
                                  FYI they cannot board the monorail, you will have to leave it at the Tomorrowland station if you plan on doing so, so if you're staying in the hotel, or plan on taking the Monorail to DTD keep that in mind...

The only way they can park hop is if you go out through the main exit of the park and cross over because it's between the two security tents! :]
                                  Yay, that's all we need them for! The only ones in the group with any interest in DTD are the two who'll be on foot (and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who cares about the monorail at all ).

Originally posted by Lindawdwtravel View Post
                                  They can in Disneyland...they cannot in Disney World.
                                  Luckily, we're all Californians at heart.

Duckland

Comment

Also remember with trying to take the cart past security (if it's allowed), you'll have to explain it to one of the rental CM.. I think you get money back at the end of the day after bringing the ECV back in good condition. I may be wrong about that though.

Comment

Just in case you aren't allowed to take the ECV's outside, I do believe I've seen a few wheelchairs tucked between the security tents that are by DD. So you could at least ask to borrow it to go in and get an ECV.

Comment

Originally posted by TikiRoomLiz View Post
                                        Just in case you aren't allowed to take the ECV's outside, I do believe I've seen a few wheelchairs tucked between the security tents that are by DD. So you could at least ask to borrow it to go in and get an ECV.
                                        No. Those wheelchairs are left behind by other guests who wanted to either go back to their hotels, or wander around Downtown Disney. They were stopped at the security tents and were not allowed to take their wheelchairs or ECVs further, so they left them there. You can generally tell if someone is still using the wheelchair if it has a tag hanging off of it.
                                        Taking those chairs could be taking it away from someone who may need it later, and give them a headache when it comes time for them to either get a replacement or get their deposit back.
                                        "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X