Walking from Paradise Pier Hotel

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Walking from Paradise Pier Hotel

How is the walk from this Disney hotel room the parks? Thinking of staying there later this year and was wondering. Do you go out the hotel and walk towards the dlh to get to DTD?
    Last edited by biggsworth; 01-14-2019, 11:31 PM.
    These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
    My company had a special night at the park
    WdW trip report with WWoHP
    NYE 2011 trip report
    Mice Chat 7th anniversary
    Leap year 24 hour report
    New DCA trip report
    NYE 2012
    HKDL trip report

Here's a more helpful answer: about 15-20 minutes to the front gate, depending on your walking speed. The old option to cut through the GCH is no longer available, I'm pretty sure.

You could walk about 7-10 minutes to the Monorail, but you have to factor in time waiting in line (possibly for more than 1 train) and the actual ride time into Tomorrowland. If you're going first thing in the morning, I recommend being in line no less than 30 minutes before park opening if you want to be on the first train. That said, it saves your feet the walk, and the line to scan your tickets may be faster than waiting in line at the front gate.

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
      Here's a more helpful answer: about 15-20 minutes to the front gate, depending on your walking speed. The old option to cut through the GCH is no longer available, I'm pretty sure.

You could walk about 7-10 minutes to the Monorail, but you have to factor in time waiting in line (possibly for more than 1 train) and the actual ride time into Tomorrowland. If you're going first thing in the morning, I recommend being in line no less than 30 minutes before park opening if you want to be on the first train. That said, it saves your feet the walk, and the line to scan your tickets may be faster than waiting in line at the front gate.
      ^^^ only way^^^
      Just get those feet going ,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe with a cup coffee in the morning ,it might be a little faster ....LOL
      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

The isn’t too bad. Yes you head toward DLH and make a right at the DTD entrance near where ESPN used to be. You can cut through DGC from park to hotel but you cannot going the other way, there is a gate and an attendant. We stayed recently at DGC and saw some people turned away trying to cut through.

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

DL 55th BDAY trip report
          NYE 2011 trip report
          Leap year 24 hour report
          New DCA trip report
          NYE 2012
          HKDL trip report

Comment

I remember when Paradise Pier hotel had it's own enterance to DCA across the street. Also they had an omnibus from there to Downtown Disney! Too bad they are all gone now.

Comment

The hotels on Harbor are a quicker walk, and much, much cheaper. The downside to those hotels is that you have to go through the most crowded bag check location. I stayed at PP when you could cut through the GC, but not anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by JoFi View Post
                The hotels on Harbor are a quicker walk, and much, much cheaper. The downside to those hotels is that you have to go through the most crowded bag check location. I stayed at PP when you could cut through the GC, but not anymore.
                Yeah I am going to to Paradise pier for early entry later in the year. I have actually only ever stayed on property once which was free. We always stay at the HOJO or Grand Legacy. Could never justify the cost until the Star Wars storm comes rolling in I figured we will try it out.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                NYE 2011 trip report
                Leap year 24 hour report
                New DCA trip report
                NYE 2012
                HKDL trip report

Comment

Originally posted by biggsworth View Post

Yeah I am going to to Paradise pier for early entry later in the year. I have actually only ever stayed on property once which was free. We always stay at the HOJO or Grand Legacy. Could never justify the cost until the Star Wars storm comes rolling in I figured we will try it out.
                  Early entry is worth it! That's what I miss the most, for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by JoFi View Post
                    Yup...while there may be a few other options that are a few physical steps closer to the gates, any time made up in distance can be and is often lost many times over dealing with the Harbor side security especially at park opening and peak times.

While there are many arguments to validate staying off site, the distance one does not end up being a better deal overall in my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPilot View Post

Yup...while there may be a few other options that are a few physical steps closer to the gates, any time made up in distance can be and is often lost many times over dealing with the Harbor side security especially at park opening and peak times.

While there are many arguments to validate staying off site, the distance one does not end up being a better deal overall in my experience.
                      When we go we always stay Harbor side. We avoid early morning queues by getting into DTD early for Starbucks or we simply sleep in and go in at a later time. We are for the first time ever paying for and staying on property to hopefully get a leg up on seeing Star Wars during Magic Morning. We secured our rooms already for later in the summer while most APs are blocked. and well away from the rumored June openings. As a huge Star Wars fan I don't need to be "first" but I do want to see it this year and ASAP within my own reason. I feel staying on Property will be worth it this one time.

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                      NYE 2011 trip report
                      Leap year 24 hour report
                      New DCA trip report
                      NYE 2012
                      HKDL trip report

Comment

Working...