X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife's 40th, 1st trip with kids, staying Dec 3rd-9th

Hello!
    Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been to DLR about a dozen times over the years, my wife has been just a couple, and this will be the first (of hopefully many) trip for my kids (ages 5 and 7).

So, being that it will be my wife's 40th birthday on the day we arrive (Dec 3rd), what would you recommend as a restaurant near the Tropicana?

Are there any "special deals" I can call and ask about prior to leaving for the trip to help make it even more special and memorable?

Is Disney still doing the "Year of Special Dreams" while we are there?

Any other suggestions or comments?

Thanks!
    Dale

Re: Wife's 40th, 1st trip with kids, staying Dec 3rd-9th

Have a great time & Welcome to Micechat! They will still be running the year of a million dreams campaign. I don't know where the Tropicana is located so I can't help you there. Make sure you stop by city hall and get wifey a birthday button. Have em' put 40th on it, wives love that! LOL!

Have a great time!

Chad

Comment

Thanks!
      Not a problem about the button. She usually doesn't want the attention, but she told me she would make an exception for this one. It is the 40th afterall!

Tropicana is right next door to the Park Place Inn. It's supposed to be really really close to the entrance.

Thanks again!
      Dale

Comment

If you are close to the entrace there is a Mimi's cafe on Harbor. If you don't have those in Oregon they are nice. Tony Romas is on Harbor too. If you are looking for a nicer place I'd stay on the disney propery and go to one of the restaurants in the hotels across the way.

Hope this helps. Remember at DCA you get a free dozen tortillas for your wife's birthday! Just go to the Mission tortilla factory.

Comment

Bubba Gumps just opened on Katella....maybe try that one out.
          Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
          it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Ohhhh... Bubba Gumps.. I've never been there but that sounds good! Or if you want something really special, make reservations at some place like the Blue Bayou or one of the other places in the park.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X