Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Thanksgiving Day dinner in the park?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Day dinner in the park?

Does anyone know if there will be Turkey Day dinners served in the park, other than the DL Hotel?
    Long live the "Happiest Place on Earth" the ORIGINAL, Disneyland.
    Former Cast Member - Class of 89

Re: Thanksgiving Day dinner in the park?

I don't know but I am sure they will be selling turkey legs as usual.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the Plaza Inn does a turkey dinner

Comment

All of the Table Service restaurants have some sort of Turkey dinner, as well as Plaza Inn.

Comment

A few years ago I had Thanksgiving at the Blue Bayou...it was amazing!!
          sigpic

Comment

Be prepared for long lines/waits.

All of the restaurants that take priority seating requests have been "sold out" for a few weeks now.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

haha i bet it'll be golden horseshoe for me and my fam on thanksgiving; we haven't made reservations for anything. -.-
              "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

Since you don't have reservations for anything, Plaza Inn is your best bet. Just be warned that Thanksgiving is PI's busiest day of the year, bar none.

Comment

ESPN Zone is offering a traditional Thanksgiving Dinner...

Holiday Roasted Turkey Dinner

Celebrate your Thanksgiving at ESPN Zone Anaheim! On Thursday, November 22nd, we will have a special Holiday Roasted Turkey Dinner that will consist of:

Freshly roasted turkey breast, hand carved to order, served with sage dressing, loaded mashed potatoes topped with savory turkey gravy, steamed broccoli, cranberry relish, and a choice of house or caesar salad.
                  Pumpkin pie served for desert.
                  Adult Plate $19.99
                  Child Plate $9.99
                  Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Perhaps all those guests could boycott the Resort on Thanksgiving and force Disney to close the parks and send the Cast Member home to be with their families and friends instead of being forced to work.

Can't people live without DLR for one freakin' day ?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                      Perhaps all those guests could boycott the Resort on Thanksgiving and force Disney to close the parks and send the Cast Member home to be with their families and friends instead of being forced to work.

Disney is a company that specializes in folks on vacation, many folks have flown in and booked hotels and other events.

It is also a very popular day, based on attendance.

Why should Disney turn away business?

More and more stores are staying open on Thanksgiving (such as K-Mart) or opening in the WAY early hours on Friday, which require the employees to cut back on their Thanksgiving plans.

I have worked multiple jobs that required working on Thanksgiving, as have my friends and family. Somebody either showed up late, or had to leave early to go to work.

More and more restaurants are staying open on Thanksgiving due to the demand of customers.

Disney has been open for Thanksgiving for decades, why should they stop now, when the trend is for more places to remain open.....
                      Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post

I second that. This is another year I wont get to be with my family.

Then again it's my fault for signing my life away.

Comment

I'll be in town for the Thanksgiving long weekend, styaing at the DLH. We have reservations for Hooks Pointe, phew, thank goodness!
                          We alternate between Thanksgiving and NYE as family celebrations at DL...can't you tell we enjoy the excitement of the crowd (and the Holiday decorations)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkbeer View Post
                            Disney has been open for Thanksgiving for decades, why should they stop now, when the trend is for more places to remain open.....
                            I assume they still make it clear to new hires that Disneyland is not exactly a 9-5 Monday-Friday business, and that you take the job knowing that you will be asked to work some days that you might want to spend someplace else. Goes with the territory.

I used to volunteer for holidays because I liked the extra pay.

For five of my eight years, I worked in the New Orleans Main Kitchen....and indeed Thanksgiving was always a busy day...we'd prep and set up seemingly thousands of those turkey dinners for the Blue Bayou and French Market, as I recall...I'd leave at 4:30 or 5PM just in time to go home to...you guessed it...Thanksgiving Dinner.:gladsad::blink::blush:
                            God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Barry, you are such an upbeat person, and you make the intense work on Thankgiving sound very festive!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X