Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Today is a good day to visit Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland. It's an iconic attraction and it's got the talented voices of Paul Frees and Royal Dano. Plus the fact today is Abraham Lincoln's birthday. He was born 210 years ago.

I'm not at Disneyland, but if I was, I'd join you. Besides the convenient date, Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln is one of my absolute favorites. The animatronics, the music, the film, everything is just right. It's an absolute masterpiece.
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...oto-heavy.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ip-report.html
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...something.html

No matter where you go, there you are.

Comment

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
      I'm not at Disneyland, but if I was, I'd join you. Besides the convenient date, Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln is one of my absolute favorites. The animatronics, the music, the film, everything is just right. It's an absolute masterpiece.
      I'm not at Disneyland either, but there is youTube and the 6 CD set Disneyland released in 2005 which has the soundtrack to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. And of course the Battle Hymm of the Republic is awesome as the finale to the show.

Comment

I think this attraction needs some attention given to it as it is showing its age again and seems almost worn out. I remember as a kid we would go often but now when I took my own children they found it very underwhelming. Every time we have gone recently it is nevermore than a quarter full.
        Last edited by Starcade; 02-15-2019, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Abraham Lincoln:
          “From whence shall we expect the approach of danger? Shall some trans-Atlantic military giant step the earth and crush us at a blow? Never. All the armies of Europe and Asia...could not by force take a drink from the Ohio River or make a track on the Blue Ridge in the trial of a thousand years. No, if destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of free men we will live forever or die by suicide.”

--
          http://www.bewaterwise.com

Comment

Originally posted by DLHMFAN View Post
            Today is a good day to visit Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln at Disneyland. It's an iconic attraction and it's got the talented voices of Paul Frees and Royal Dano. Plus the fact today is Abraham Lincoln's birthday. He was born 210 years ago.
            I agree......being part
            Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, is a ICON, on a special day......
            Glad you did........
            Next best thing (That have done ) is re-read ,of this great President........imo

Originally posted by sbk1234 View Post
            Also Agree......
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

I love this attraction. In spite of its age I stop in whenever possible. My family is more underwhelmed than I am. When I go to park alone next month I plan to visit Mr. Lincoln again. This time, there shall be no complaints, lol.

Comment

It's something I try to attend every visit. It may be underwhelming for the younger crowd, perhaps appreciation for history comes more with age. Whatever the reason, I like to go there. I have been alone in the theatre a couple of times and with a small number (20 -30) several times, no matter. I am holding my breath, somewhat. With the current management I don't think it will last too much longer. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Too bad schools don't teach history like they used to, but in a park full of such entertainment, I could see why guests wouldn't want to sit through a lecture. Still, Lincoln is such a great piece of Disney and American history, it's not to be missed.

Comment

This is one of my favorite things at DL.

Not only is it amazingly rich in history but as a person who works with machinery similar to the animatronics of Mr. Lincoln, I find it incredibly well-done.

Every ride at DL is controlled by a PLC (Programmable Logic Controller). This is a computer that operates a machine. Some are pretty simple, others a bit more complex.

Every PLC comes from the factory empty, you have to program everything it does. To program a PLC to make a humanoid stand up as gracefully as Lincoln is not that far from impossible. Whoever wrote that program is beyond excellent.........

Comment

Our 5 year old loves great moments with Mr. Lincoln.
                      We make it a special point to see the brilliant show every time we visit the park.

Comment

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln
                        Walt Disney was always fascinated with the life of Abraham Lincoln.
                        He even recited Lincoln's Gettysburg Address to his elementary class as a small boy.

I would love Walt Disney ,full dream of all the U.S. Presidents - Hall of Presidents - on one stage,
                        Just like at the Magic Kingdom at WDW .
                        Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Working...
                        X