Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Consider "The Dairy Bar" A Disneyland Attraction?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Consider "The Dairy Bar" A Disneyland Attraction?

The Dairy Bar was sponsored by The American Dairy Assoiciation and took it's place in Tomorrowland from 1956-1958. It had little exhibits and after the presentation, you can go drink a glass of milk. Would you consided this Disneyland veteran an attraction?
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Re: Would You Consider "The Dairy Bar" A Disneyland Attraction?

Of course we can. How else do the tortilla and sourdough bread factories in the park next door count as attractions?

Comment

Why wouldn't it be considered an attraction?

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

Originally posted by MasterGracey View Post
        Why wouldn't it be considered an attraction?
        It was never really mentioned as an attraction in older maps.
        "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Originally posted by 2DieFR View Post
          Of course we can. How else do the tortilla and sourdough bread factories in the park next door count as attractions?
          When you put it that way, it does make sense, lol.

Comment

I think maybe our definition of "attraction" may have changes since the 50's. Back then, it was just somewhere to get information and get refreshment, now the term attraction is used in a broader sense, meaning anything else that isn't a ride.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Originally posted by penguinsoda View Post
              I think maybe our definition of "attraction" may have changes since the 50's. Back then, it was just somewhere to get information and get refreshment, now the term attraction is used in a broader sense, meaning anything else that isn't a ride.
              I thought that rides constituted as attractions, too...

My understanding is that if it isn't a restaurant or a shop, but has an entrance and an exit, it is an attraction.

Comment

From the MousePlanet archives, Kevin Yee had this to say about The Dairy Bar:
                Dairy Bar (Tomorrowland)
                This was removed in 1958, when Tomorrowland received its first facelift. It was part of the "Hall of Exhibits" of the original Tomorrowland.

Interestingly, it's listed as a "Yesteraunt," or, a restaurant that has retired to Yesterland.
                http://www./drr/drryester.htm

So, I guess if the place actually was considered a dining location of some sort, then it can't be called an attraction. However, also note that The Dairy Bar, according to Kevin Yee was part of Tomorrowland's "Hall of Exhibits" - therefore, it was only part of an attraction, and not an attraction unto itself. Sort of how the ASIMO Theatre is not a separate attraction, but rather part of Innoventions.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

Comment

There was a Dairy Bar in Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange" that I think was definitely an attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Opus1guy View Post
                    There was a Dairy Bar in Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange" that I think was definitely an attraction.

Nothing better than Disneyland and moloko with your droogies. Dobby times.
                    P.S. The book is better than the movie. Burgess deserves some credit.

Comment

Ahhhhh! Got Milk?
                      The Dairy Bar was and exibit like the "Crane Bathroom Of Tomorrow", "Kasier Hall Of Aluminum", and my favorite, "Richfield The World Beneath Us" (I just know about it, too young to have been there). We think it's weird to think of this as a "Attraction" today as we don't see much of it in the park except Inoventions, which is basiclly the same thing
                      sigpic"To your left we have a welcome neighbor..... Our GE nuclear powerplant"
                      Carousel of Progress - Progress City

http://videblog-bearride.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                        Nothing better than Disneyland and moloko with your droogies. Dobby times.
                        P.S. The book is better than the movie. Burgess deserves some credit.
                        O my brothers, the lazyboy had a grotty lomtick of a nagoy bookie-wook in his pitiful rookers like some weepy young devotchka. Perhaps having a govereet behind our backs all horroshow-like. A terrible grahzny vonny world. Yarbles...

sigpic

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X