Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Pardoned Turkeys

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pardoned Turkeys

So the president is going to pardon turkeys today or tomorrow (don't remember which). On the radio, they said the turkeys would then go to Disney World. If that wasn't an error, we are not getting the turkeys this year.

Re: Pardoned Turkeys

That is correct, the original deal was for 5 years, 2 at Disneyland, then 3 at Walt Disney World. Tim O'Day, who used to work for Disneyland in marketing made the arrangements, and got them to Disneyland first (the 50th helped), but Jay Rasulo wanted to make it "nationwide" event, and wanted to promote Orlando also.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Comment

Any animal lovers here? How will the turkeys likely do in the Disney World heat and humidity? Is WDW an appropriate turkey climate?
      MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
      Save

Comment

I saw the "Pardon" live on T.V. and he did say the turkeys were heading to WDW.

Not sure who he was referring toooo...

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
          Any animal lovers here? How will the turkeys likely do in the Disney World heat and humidity? Is WDW an appropriate turkey climate?
          I was thinking this yesterday when I saw Kevin posted that they would go to WDW. Its way too humid and hot there for those poor guys, I hope they get some really good AC.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

According to the wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkeys) seems like turkeys are pretty adaptable and will thrive in both DL and WDW. Though hopefully it won't be added to EPCOT as an attempt to pass off a new country in the WS.

Sidenote - This article has a lot of great turkey related lingo like wattle and snood (Been injured in a car accident? Contact the law office of Wattle and Snood, your personal injury attorneys).

Comment

Free the WDW Two!
              Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
              DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

Don't know about that, but either way (Park), their destiny is the same...

White or dark meat anyone???

hehe

Comment

Other pardoned turkey thread...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...eys-83667.html

Gobble...Gobble...

Comment

Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
                    I was thinking this yesterday when I saw Kevin posted that they would go to WDW. Its way too humid and hot there for those poor guys, I hope they get some really good AC.
                    With the nationwide mass slaughter of Turkeys in preparation for the millions of Thanksgiving feasts planned for the day after tomorrow; I find it ironic, and kinda touching, that you two would be worried about the climate.

Comment

Originally posted by fo'c's'le swab View Post
                      With the nationwide mass slaughter of Turkeys in preparation for the millions of Thanksgiving feasts planned for the day after tomorrow; I find it ironic, and kinda touching, that you two would be worried about the climate.
                      I was corcerned about the climate for my turkey too. 3 hours at 350 degrees doesn't sound to comfy.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                        I was corcerned about the climate for my turkey too. 3 hours at 350 degrees doesn't sound to comfy.
                        Yes, but it's a dry heat!

Comment

Originally posted by Pirate Lover 68 View Post
                          Yes, but it's a dry heat!
                          Actually it is a very moist heat. Therefore, while the turkeys are cooking in the 105 degree Florida heat, they will remain nice and moist!
                          MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
                          Save

Comment

Turkey Habits

Q. Are turkeys really stupid?
                            A. The best way I can answer this is to say that turkeys have a primitive brain with limited capacity to learn new things. they pretty much get along on their temperament and their instincts. They have adapted well to domestication and are less nervous and flighty than previous generations. Also, their natural sense of curiosity has increased and helps them find food, water, and shelter.

Q. Will a turkey look up when it rains and drown?
                            A. Believe it or not, otherwise intelligent people actually believe this to be true. We raise thousands of turkeys outside, and have never lost one to drowning in the rain.

Q. Are turkeys mean?
                            A. As a male turkey gets older he gets very aggressive and fights a lot. As they have patterned on humans, and believe us to be one of them, they will try to pick a fight with you.
                            Originally posted by Grumpee
                            I only care for Disney bling!

Comment

Originally posted by monotonehell View Post
                              Free the WDW Two!
                              I don't really know what this thread is even about, but I do know that you have a great signature comic strip! Is that original?
                              Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X