This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov. pics, Roy O., Baxter, Lasseter & a lot more

I've got a lot of pictures to catch up on somewhere around 1,000. The first are from this past weekend when I went to the 70th Anniversary celebration of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It was a great event and the panel discussion alone was worth the price.

Skywaygrl, Snow_White_Raven, Doom BGI and I got there around 2:30 and saw Hollywood Backlot decorated for the event.

Photo-Op in front of the Animation Building where there had the concept drawings, more on that later.

We would be here for the movie and meeting the artists.

The merch was held in the former Hollywood and Dine building.

The props were still up.

I bought this beauty by Joe Yakovetic.

This lady was really great in helping us out, the supervisor on the other hand was not so helpful.

We then went to meet the artists and got to meet the artist who painted my painting. He also signed my Certificate of Authenticity. Great guy and we talked for a few minutes before moving on. All of his paintings include the POV of a certain character and they each are shown (i.e. their shadow).

Bob O. was there. I got to talk to him for a while before the panel discussion about the Peter Pan piece. Another great guy and nice to talk to.

Marge Champion, the body of Snow White.

After checking my painting at the Newstand, it was off to the buffet before the panel discussion which was at the old Millionaire building. It was fantastic.

An artist was airbrushing a painting on the spot.

I finally got to meet my favorite imagineer of all time (besides Walt himself), Tony Baxter. He was telling us about a book about Snow White that was all in French and it was a part of a series featuring Pinnochio and for some reason all were translated to English except Snow White.

Time for the panel discussion. The moderator was Don Hahn who produced such movies as The Nightmare Before Christmas, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and The Emperor's New Groove.

Film Historian Leonard Maltin.

Creative Director of the Animation Library for Disney, Lella Smith.

Animator, Glen Keane.

John Lasseter.

Roy E. Disney.

Marge Champion again.

The trailer for Snow White in 1937. It was said at that time that it took a lot of guts for Walt to describe the movie in the trailer.

Marge Champion, modeling for the movie.

Video of her dancing so they could get a good idea.

Alice Davis (in the middle), wife of the late Marc Davis.

Interesting things came up, like how Walt and many of the animators made it more than a cartoon. They wanted you to realize these characters were real people, and they showed that. Roy O. told us about a deleted scene that really set Ward Kimball off since it was his main scene. Walt then promised Ward that he would make a character just for him in the next film, a certain Cricket. John Lasseter, when in school, used this and many other films to learn about how to make movies. Again, this was the highlight of my evening, having all these Disney legends all in one room.

It was off to the Animation Building for the exhibit.

Concept drawings and re-creation on most cels.

Concepts of the Evil Queen.

The level of detail is amazing. The animator thought he might have the wrong bird on either side.

Then it was off to Hyperion to see the movie. John Lasseter introduced the movie. They said no flash pictures so of course 50 flash pictures went off at that time. He basically said some of the same things he said at the panel discussion then it was time for the show.

That's it for the 70th but lots of detail pics and more pictures of the Xmas tapings with Seacrest, fireworks and lot more.
    Last edited by hollywood1939; 11-26-2007, 11:06 PM.
    -Jack :geek:
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Re: Nov. pics, Roy O., Baxter, Lasseter & a lot more

What an event! Thanks Jack for putting the pictures together. Looked like a Disney dork's paradise. Sorry I missed it.

Comment

WOW!!! Sounds like such a wonderful time. Just to be in the room with those people would have given me goosebumps!
      What better way to turn 10 years old! A birthday bash with all of his friends!

Comment

Wow. I'm speechless. That looks like it was totally awesome...

Comment

I am so glad you covered this event. It looks like it was amazing. Thanks for sharing it!
          sigpic

Comment

cool stuff. i did the more economical package with the movie and gift only. i loved watching the movie on a big screen. it was amazing watching it and thinking this was made 70 years ago. it had been so long since i saw the film it made me love it again even more

Comment

Glad you had a good time Jack! I can't imagine how over-whelming it must have been to be around all those Disney legends.
              Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
              FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
              I bring the magic!!!
              "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
              Originally posted by Reverend DMother
              Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                Looked like a Disney dork's paradise.
                And you should know... or so I'm told!

Comment

amazing. thanks for sharing this! i've only seen snow white once or twice, and i was little, but this makes me want to watch it again!

and as a poor little art major, i'm insanely jealous that you just up and bought a painting! WOW.
                  "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

Comment

WOW, fantastic!! Thanks for sharing the photo's and adding the the inforrmation too.
                    :thumbup:

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Comment

Yeah, I was pretty star struck especially when I met Tony Baxter.

Some more pics for this past weekend.

Someone screwed up...

Fireworks from NOS.

The many faces of IASW Holiday. I'll have more pics of the inside tomorrow.

We got stuck in the final room. Yeah, weight obviously had nothing to do with it. They had straps and had to pull the boat through.

Sunday.

The fog actually did help in this pic.

Matt Hamand, Skywaygrl and Rex22 on GRR.

I tried...

That's it for this past weekend. More for the weekend before will be tomorrow.
                      -Jack :geek:
                      Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

You are a very lucky man for meeting all those people! Thanks so much for sharing this with us.

Comment

Great shots, Jack!

Dang and that event looks rad! How did I not know of it???

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                          http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

The pic with the Partners statue and the castle came out really well!
                            "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
                            "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Comment

Stunning Pictures Jack!!!

Comment

Love the castle pics. Hope you had fun!
                                sigpic
                                Home away from Home.

Comment

Brilliant Job!

Comment

absolutely breathtaking photos! Thank you so much for sharing!!! How lucky to be part of that special event. Excellent pictures!!

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                                      What an event! Thanks Jack for putting the pictures together. Looked like a Disney dork's paradise. Sorry I missed it.
                                      Originally posted by Westley View Post
                                      And you should know... or so I'm told!

Me know about Disney Dorks? You're crazy!

*picture mercifully taken by disneyballerina
                                      Last edited by aashee; 11-20-2007, 12:24 PM. Reason: spell like I smell....bad

Comment

Wonderful photos! You have a great eye. Thanks for sharing
                                        What better way to turn 10 years old! A birthday bash with all of his friends!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X