Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

New Disneyland Parade Coming For 2020 - Magic Happens!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] New Disneyland Parade Coming For 2020 - Magic Happens!!!

Hi you guys!! I work in Entertainment at DLR and learned we're getting a new parade next year!!!! How do I know??? I was the driver for some of my guy friends from work who wanted to go up to WeHo to the Abbey but didn't want to pay for a huge Uber. So we get to the Abbey, the boys start drinking and dancing, I'm dancing cuz I'm too sexy for my Red Bull, and a bit later we see two managers from work there too.

I'll call them Manager 1 and Manager 2.

Manager 1 is friendly with select parade performers - don't tell HR!! - and Manager 2 was a wingman with benefits for the night I guess - LOL!! So Manager 1 buys shots for our group and is hitting on one of the boys. Manager 1 scores us a big booth on the Chapel side of the Abbey, so we're drinking and gabbing outside at the Chapel, both managers are spilling the tea about their bosses and work, and everyone's having a great night.

Manager 1 is trying to impress the boy he wants to hook and tells him he's got nothing to worry about for the roles he's cast for because there's a new parade coming to Disneyland next year. And I'm like - What??? Tell me more!!! Both managers weren't that into focusing on me as the girl, but they spill it once the boys showed interest in the parade and roles it'll have. Plus we're all totally over tired-butt Soundsational - LOL.

I was the only sober one, and I remember almost all the deets---

It's a day parade for Disneyland to replace Soundsational, set to open less than a year from now for 2020. The working title is Magic Happens. The theme is the magic that happens in Disney stories, and the floats all have special effects and magic going on. Float and unit rundown is;

Opening unit using Sorcerer Mickey's hat as the float/parade icon.

King Arthur unit with a Sword in the Stone effect

Multi-part Moana unit with water effects

A huge Coco unit with the village and skeleton performers

Peter Pan unit with Tink and the gang

Frozen unit, with trolls in the woods

Cinderella unit

Tiana unit with Dr. Facillier and voodoo in a spooky swamp

Finale unit about all the good that Disney magic does

Burbank peeps want DLR to announce Magic Happens at D23Expo this August because the Rise of the Resistance ride in Galaxy's Edge is in big trouble and won't be open anytime soon. They'll also announce at D23Expo that Mickey's Runaway Railway is coming to Disneyland and built north of Toontown, but that's no big secret. We are already prepping to move out of our big Entertainment building and the rehearsal halls north of Toontown so it can be torn down for the ride!!

And Marvel Land is a hot mess, there's only one dark ride and some dinky retail/dining to talk about at D23Expo so far because WDI can't figure out how the Avengers roller coaster E Ticket is going to work. Manager 1 said his big bosses are mad that two years ago Chapek cut out the large dinner theater fancy restaurant that Entertainment was going to majorly support and then last year Chapek cut out a bunch of the smaller Entertainment activations for the land itself, reducing the Entertainment role in Galaxy's Edge in a huge way. DLR peeps are mad!!!

Both managers said that the big bosses are worried how the Parks announcements are gonna go over at D23 this year without John Lasseter. John was always put on stage because he had real enthusiasm for Disneyland, and he always slayed the fans. But Bob Chapek doesn't really care about the parks and it shows on stage. They said Chapek asks stupid questions when he goes on site tours in Anaheim cuz he literally knows nothing about Disneyland and theme parks and people laugh about it and compare his stupid comments with each other after he leaves. It's gotten worse with Galaxy's Edge cuz Chapek visits DLR more often and thinks he knows some park lingo now and tries to use it in sentences, but he just makes himself look even dumber.

Manager 2 also said that Michael Colglazier screwed up the relationship with the city peeps so bad that it put lots of big DLR projects on hold, so there's not much else to talk about at D23Expo, especially since Rise of the Resistance won't be open by August. With no John Lasseter at D23Expo this year, Bob Chapek will bore people to death and seem too corporate without big announcements to make.

So they're hoping Chapek can work with a coach and practice his fake enthusiasm for theme parks and this August he can at least announce the Magic Happens parade and Mickey's Runaway Railway to get the crowd stoked at D23Expo, cuz there's not much else he can talk about now for DLR.

But seriously you guys, at least we're getting a new parade next year!!!! Get excited for Magic Happens cuz magic happens!!!!

Checked with a GSO Lead who said there was a rumor going around from CM's in Ent. that Soundsational was going to run daily thru this fall then be replaced in 2020, but they didn't know much else and hadn't heard what the new 2020 parade would be themed to. Just that there is a new parade coming for Disneyland next year.

But an Ent. CM's Twitter said tonite there's an insider on another board who is saying this rumor above is pretty much true, and the Magic Happens parade would have lots of magic "practical effects" happening on each float.

Comment

Originally posted by LilMonsterPageantHelper View Post
      ...So they're hoping Chapek can work with a coach and practice his fake enthusiasm for theme parks and this August he can at least announce the Magic Happens parade and Mickey's Runaway Railway to get the crowd stoked at D23Expo, cuz there's not much else he can talk about now for DLR.
      It's a good bet that Bob will spend 80% of his pitch praising the public's reaction to Star Wars Land and emphasizing Disney's ginormous investment in it... and the rest spinning the MHP and MRR as bonus extras. If the D23 crowd doesn't go bonkers with applause, Disney social media and their online sycophants will label the fans "ungrateful." (Hey, it worked with the Light Tragic parade and DCA 1.0.)
      "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
      it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
      together with every variety of recreation and fun,
      designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
      - Michael Eisner

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

It's a good bet that Bob will spend 80% of his pitch praising the public's reaction to Star Wars Land and emphasizing Disney's ginormous investment in it... and the rest spinning the MHP and MRR as bonus extras. If the D23 crowd doesn't go bonkers with applause, Disney social media and their online sycophants will label the fans "ungrateful." (Hey, it worked with the Light Tragic parade and DCA 1.0.)
        Or, the fans will be please because they see how awesome SWGE is, they want a new parade, and they are excited about Mickey's first ride. I think the only people that will be "ungrateful" are those who have no interest in being pleased.

Comment

Hi you guys!! I work in Entertainment at DLR and learned we're getting a new parade next year!!!! How do I know??? I was the driver for some of my guy friends from work who wanted to go up to WeHo to the Abbey but didn't want to pay for a huge Uber. So we get to the Abbey, the boys start drinking and dancing, I'm dancing cuz I'm too sexy for my Red Bull, and a bit later we see two managers from work there too.

I'll call them Manager 1 and Manager 2.

Manager 1 is friendly with select parade performers - don't tell HR!! - and Manager 2 was a wingman with benefits for the night I guess - LOL!! So Manager 1 buys shots for our group and is hitting on one of the boys. Manager 1 scores us a big booth on the Chapel side of the Abbey, so we're drinking and gabbing outside at the Chapel, both managers are spilling the tea about their bosses and work, and everyone's having a great night.

Manager 1 is trying to impress the boy he wants to hook and tells him he's got nothing to worry about for the roles he's cast for because there's a new parade coming to Disneyland next year. And I'm like - What??? Tell me more!!! Both managers weren't that into focusing on me as the girl, but they spill it once the boys showed interest in the parade and roles it'll have. Plus we're all totally over tired-butt Soundsational - LOL.

I was the only sober one, and I remember almost all the deets---

It's a day parade for Disneyland to replace Soundsational, set to open less than a year from now for 2020. The working title is Magic Happens. The theme is the magic that happens in Disney stories, and the floats all have special effects and magic going on. Float and unit rundown is;

Opening unit using Sorcerer Mickey's hat as the float/parade icon.

King Arthur unit with a Sword in the Stone effect

Multi-part Moana unit with water effects

A huge Coco unit with the village and skeleton performers

Peter Pan unit with Tink and the gang

Frozen unit, with trolls in the woods

Cinderella unit

Tiana unit with Dr. Facillier and voodoo in a spooky swamp

Finale unit about all the good that Disney magic does

Burbank peeps want DLR to announce Magic Happens at D23Expo this August because the Rise of the Resistance ride in Galaxy's Edge is in big trouble and won't be open anytime soon. They'll also announce at D23Expo that Mickey's Runaway Railway is coming to Disneyland and built north of Toontown, but that's no big secret. We are already prepping to move out of our big Entertainment building and the rehearsal halls north of Toontown so it can be torn down for the ride!!

And Marvel Land is a hot mess, there's only one dark ride and some dinky retail/dining to talk about at D23Expo so far because WDI can't figure out how the Avengers roller coaster E Ticket is going to work. Manager 1 said his big bosses are mad that two years ago Chapek cut out the large dinner theater fancy restaurant that Entertainment was going to majorly support and then last year Chapek cut out a bunch of the smaller Entertainment activations for the land itself, reducing the Entertainment role in Galaxy's Edge in a huge way. DLR peeps are mad!!!

Both managers said that the big bosses are worried how the Parks announcements are gonna go over at D23 this year without John Lasseter. John was always put on stage because he had real enthusiasm for Disneyland, and he always slayed the fans. But Bob Chapek doesn't really care about the parks and it shows on stage. They said Chapek asks stupid questions when he goes on site tours in Anaheim cuz he literally knows nothing about Disneyland and theme parks and people laugh about it and compare his stupid comments with each other after he leaves. It's gotten worse with Galaxy's Edge cuz Chapek visits DLR more often and thinks he knows some park lingo now and tries to use it in sentences, but he just makes himself look even dumber.

Manager 2 also said that Michael Colglazier screwed up the relationship with the city peeps so bad that it put lots of big DLR projects on hold, so there's not much else to talk about at D23Expo, especially since Rise of the Resistance won't be open by August. With no John Lasseter at D23Expo this year, Bob Chapek will bore people to death and seem too corporate without big announcements to make.

So they're hoping Chapek can work with a coach and practice his fake enthusiasm for theme parks and this August he can at least announce the Magic Happens parade and Mickey's Runaway Railway to get the crowd stoked at D23Expo, cuz there's not much else he can talk about now for DLR.

But seriously you guys, at least we're getting a new parade next year!!!! Get excited for Magic Happens cuz magic happens!!!!
          Thank you for the info, and especially the line about Chapek needing to work with a coach to fake enthusiasm for the theme parks. Quite a few folks on here are quick to jump down us regulars' throats for trying to hold Chapek to some standards, so it's nice to have a new face who agrees. Glad it's not all in vain. Kudos on escaping the condemnation of one particular individual; if it me or certain others making a quip, you could be sure they'd be all over us.

Comment

DCA 1.0... that was the one Disney themselves finally admitted, in one way or another, was a failure, right?

Comment

Originally posted by HiddenMickey87 View Post
              DCA 1.0... that was the one Disney themselves finally admitted, in one way or another, was a failure, right?
              Yes -- after ten years of denial. During Eisner's reign, DCA 1.0's early lackluster performance was blamed on El Nino, fears of terrorism, and (like the abysmal Light Magic parade four years before DCA opened) unappreciative fans complaining on the internet. Back then, the pity-party whine of "No matter what Disney does, some people will always complain" was a top defense for DCA 1.0 and "Light Tragic." Al Lutz was repeatedly lambasted for criticizing both of them.
              "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
              it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
              together with every variety of recreation and fun,
              designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
              - Michael Eisner

Comment

Yes -- after ten years of denial. During Eisner's reign, DCA 1.0's early lackluster performance was blamed on El Nino, fears of terrorism, and (like the abysmal Light Magic parade four years before DCA opened) unappreciative fans complaining on the internet. Back then, the pity-party whine of "No matter what Disney does, some people will always complain" was a top defense for DCA 1.0 and "Light Tragic." Al Lutz was repeatedly lambasted for criticizing both of them.
                If a meteor fell and hit the park, you would still blame it on the execs. It is almost like they did you a personal wrong the massive campaign you are waging against them.

Comment

Personally, anything new at Disneyland other than Star Wars Land would be a welcome relief. I know I'm not in "the norm" when I say how much I could care less about SWL. Heck, I've never even seen one of their films...never an interest. So I'd be a lot more excited over a new parade opening up, a new stage show, an expansion of Fantasyland with attractions based on Beauty and the Beast and Frozen, or even a "new" Tomorrowland. My only excitement about Star Wars Land is that it will (hopefully) generate LOTS of guests to that theme land and free-up all the other areas at Disneyland with less guests congestion.
                  DISNEYLAND IS YOUR LAND

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
                    Personally, anything new at Disneyland other than Star Wars Land would be a welcome relief. I know I'm not in "the norm" when I say how much I could care less about SWL. Heck, I've never even seen one of their films...never an interest. So I'd be a lot more excited over a new parade opening up, a new stage show, an expansion of Fantasyland with attractions based on Beauty and the Beast and Frozen, or even a "new" Tomorrowland. My only excitement about Star Wars Land is that it will (hopefully) generate LOTS of guests to that theme land and free-up all the other areas at Disneyland with less guests congestion.
                    I enjoy many lands and rides based on movies I have not seen, Maybe SWGE will surprise you.

Comment

Yep. Part of me thinks that they've admitted the same with WDSP as well.

Comment

Exactly. I see some people still can't just man up and admit that vitirol against DCA 1.0 is warranted. Disney themselves (finally) admitted it.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyFunGuy View Post
                          Exactly, but unfortunately I don't think that'll happen. The park will probably hit capacity. The RSVP system is only for SWL. Nothing to stop them -- and regular guests -- from visiting or killing time in the rest of the park in the meantime.

Comment

SWGE will be very popular, the guests will love it. No amount of keyboard samurai will change that.

Comment

Both managers said that the big bosses are worried how the Parks announcements are gonna go over at D23 this year without John Lasseter. John was always put on stage because he had real enthusiasm for Disneyland, and he always slayed the fans. But Bob Chapek doesn't really care about the parks and it shows on stage.

They said Chapek asks stupid questions when he goes on site tours in Anaheim cuz he literally knows nothing about Disneyland and theme parks and people laugh about it and compare his stupid comments with each other after he leaves. It's gotten worse with Galaxy's Edge cuz Chapek visits DLR more often and thinks he knows some park lingo now and tries to use it in sentences, but he just makes himself look even dumber.

So they're hoping Chapek can work with a coach and practice his fake enthusiasm for theme parks

Chapek is so transparently bored with Disneyland and the parks in general, it shows with every contemptuous action he takes. His buffoonery and philistine nature on display for all to see. It's sad to see such a person bereft of any artistic imagination and creativity at the top of company that is built on creativity and imagination.

He is truly a post-modern corporate grostequerie, a living embodiment of banality, bereft of creative inspiration, wonderment, or heritage.

Contrast this with Walt, who spent a small fortune at the time to build a Viollet-le-Duc spire (like on Notre Dame Cathedral ) atop of Sleeping Beauty's Castle, simply for the esthetic and culture beauty it represented.

https://twitter.com/DLthings/status/1117860941696098308

Such esthetic nuance, such visual poetry would never be understood by a vulgarian like Chapek.
                              Last edited by Golden Zephyr; 04-15-2019, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Exactly. I see some people still can't just man up and admit that vitirol against DCA 1.0 is warranted. Disney themselves (finally) admitted it.
                                You actually used the phrase "man up"? Hold on, I might reply after I get done laughing hysterically!

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

Chapek is so transparently bored with Disneyland and the parks in general, it shows with every contemptuous action he takes. His buffoonery and philistine nature on display for all to see. It's sad to see such a person bereft of any artistic imagination and creativity at the top of company that is built on creativity and imagination.

He is truly a post-modern corporate grostequerie, a living embodiment of banality, bereft of creative inspiration, wonderment, or heritage.

Contrast this with Walt, who spent a small fortune at the time to build a Viollet-le-Duc spire (like on Notre Dame Cathedral ) atop of Sleeping Beauty's Castle, simply for the esthetic and culture beauty it represented.

https://twitter.com/DLthings/status/1117860941696098308

Such esthetic nuance, such visual poetry would never be understood by a vulgarian like Chapek.
                                  I thought personal attacks were not allowed? Why should it be ok to really tear into people, just because they are a Disney Exec. It is one thing to disagree with his ideas, but to call him a buffoon is just out right nasty.

Maybe like many in the past you see someone you do not like as faceless, as it makes it easier to hate them. That is however not the case, he is a real person you continue to attack and troll. It shows real class.

Comment

This whole post seems suspicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

I'M sadden by the what happen today
                                      Notre Dame Cathedral

Your right...... when comes to
                                      inspiration, wonderment, or heritage .
                                      mr. rebranding Chapek will never understand the concept !

Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

I'M sadden by the what happen today
                                        Notre Dame Cathedral

Your right...... when comes to
                                        inspiration, wonderment, or heritage .
                                        mr. rebranding Chapek will never understand the concept !

Indeed Such a sad loss.

Comment

Working...
                                        X