Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Disneyland Parade Coming For 2020 - Magic Happens!!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    And then came Eisner and Iger, and their parade of executive cheapskates. From the pathetic plywood cutouts of Gummi Glen to the wholesale slashing of major elements that were promised for Star Wars Land, they have arrogantly taken advantage of the customer trust that was built by their predecessors. From Pressler to Chapek, a parade of PR hype that has promised more than it has delivered -- trashing the customer trust that their predecessors had spent three decades building.
    Garbage that Disney spill out from there "PR" ,is only worth a gain of salt......
    that goes along with there Concept Art "HYPE"

They have
    taken advantage of the customer trust .......
    and the operation of the Disney Parks is Pay More and get less.

The Showman of "Walt Disney" have gotten lost !

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by Eagleman View Post

Time will tell........
    But ,what I seen, from
    concept art from Disney
    It does not come close ,what the realty is really is or end up being .........
    Why it call Concept.......and use more for "HYPE" Advertisement !
    and your right ,
    Erosion of Disney's credibility that we've increasingly seen in the last several years
    I would not , go by any Art Form.

Bingo. Watching the eyerolling promotional tactics of today's Disney Parks (Chapek at D23 was a stomach-turning low) is particularly dismaying to us old-timers who remember how new Disneyland attractions were promoted in the late 50s through the mid-80s. Back then, Disney was trusted to deliver more, not less, than pre-opening publicity promised (the sole exception was the Flying Saucers, in which the tech didn't live up to anyone's expectations, ours or WED's). It was a point of business philosophy to the pre-Eisner Disney Company to never hype the coming attractions with the kind of inflated PR that is common today. To never shortchange the audience.

The result was a customer base that trusted Disney to deliver more than what it promised. Every new attraction and improvement added to that trust. The Viewliner became the Monorail. The Phantom Boats became the Submarine Voyage. Tomorrowland '55 became Tomorrowland '67. The area around Frontierland's Chicken Plantation Restaurant became New Orleans Square. The Indian Village became Bear Country. Fantasyland '55 became Fantasyland '83. Cam-and-lever figures became Audio Animatronics. The Tiki Room, Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion were mindblowing when they opened, no matter how much pre-opening publicity we had seen. Year after year, Disneyland was trusted as an ever-changing showcase of progress and innovation. A place of constant plussing. We were used to Disneyland changing... for the better. Changes that gave us not only more than we expected, but more than we could imagine.

And then came Eisner and Iger, and their parade of executive cheapskates. From the pathetic plywood cutouts of Gummi Glen to the wholesale slashing of major elements that were promised for Star Wars Land, they have arrogantly taken advantage of the customer trust that was built by their predecessors. From Pressler to Chapek, a parade of PR hype that has promised more than it has delivered -- trashing the customer trust that their predecessors had spent three decades building.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

True. But the issue isn't the artist's concept, rather that Disney management uses pitch art as an advertisement to their customers in a manner that promises more than the product will deliver. The result is the erosion of Disney's credibility that we've increasingly seen in the last several years -- the D23 cons being particularly notorious.
    Time will tell........
    But ,what I seen, from
    concept art from Disney
    It does not come close ,what the realty is really is or end up being .........
    Why it call Concept.......and use more for "HYPE" Advertisement !
    and your right ,
    Erosion of Disney's credibility that we've increasingly seen in the last several years
    I would not , go by any Art Form.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Wiggins
    replied
    Originally posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    I wouldn't get too caught up in focusing on concept art as an indication of what exactly is or is not going to be in a parade. Again, emphasis on "Artist Concept" on each piece....
    True. But the issue isn't the artist's concept, rather that Disney management uses pitch art as an advertisement to their customers in a manner that promises more than the product will deliver. The result is the erosion of Disney's credibility that we've increasingly seen in the last several years -- the D23 cons being particularly notorious.

Leave a comment:

• tcsnwhite
    replied
    I wouldn't get too caught up in focusing on concept art as an indication of what exactly is or is not going to be in a parade. Again, emphasis on "Artist Concept" on each piece.

Looking back at most Disney entertainment concept art, every single individual dancer role isn't always included in concept art around a float concept (except maybe the artwork for Jubilation or Block Party). You could make the assumption that there won't be any dancer roles for lots of parades past if you were to do the same just looking at old float art released for PR purposes alone. Most dancer, acrobat, etc. roles are hinted at, but what they will actually be and what they will actually look like is often very different from early concept art (remember, even the final float design will more often than not be quite different from the concept art released). Usually dancer/performer roles will be evident once various costume design artwork is shown (if at that). More often than not though, how many non-character dancer roles and who/what they are isn't fully evident until the production opens.
    Last edited by tcsnwhite; 08-30-2019, 05:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by Disney Analyst View Post

It’s due in January.
    It does sound like ,that Disney is going out ,
    for this parade ,plus from January and on
    it going be running daily......
    so does make sense, having the
    auditioning now !

I Hope it works out for the best !

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Then I stand corrected. I'm surprised they're already auditioning. I'm guessing the parade will debut before next summer.
    It’s due in January.

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied
    Except it says right on the notice what parade it’s for... try again with the fake narrative. This parade will have performers like any other.
    Then I stand corrected. I'm surprised they're already auditioning. I'm guessing the parade will debut before next summer.

Leave a comment:

• RescueTheDay
    replied
    Originally posted by LilMonsterPageantHelper View Post
    PTN still safe in a nearby Anaheim warehouse!!!

The Moana unit is using the same type of screen tech as the Belle unit from PTN, but it's not using the actual Belle unit.

PTN will remain in storage so long as Cheap-Out Chapek is in charge. Notice anything about all the Magic Happens artwork released today at D23??? It's almost completely missing parade performers. No dancers, no stunts, no musicians, nothing happening on the route, and only one or two sellable IP characters on each unit!!!

Chapek doesn't like Entertainment CM's, he thinks we're all too highly paid and it's a waste of money for him. He doesn't like theater or the arts in general, he likes to go fly fishing instead. For reals, that's what our managers have said is behind all the cuts. It's cheap, saves him a ton of money, and he thinks Entertainment is a huge waste and doesn't think the parks really need pro performers for much of anything.
    Correct and incorrect at the same time. I’ve held my tongue, but damn that’s been hard. This parade will be filled with just as many parade performers as any other parade. I’d say costumes and the roles of the dancers feels like a step up from Soundsational

While entertainment isn’t Chapek’s area of expertise, he doesn’t think anyone is overpaid as he doesn’t even know those details. He has people for that. Parade “managers” know little of the inner workings of Chapek as that’s way above their pay grade.

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied
    Originally posted by Spongeocto4 View Post

Magic Happens won't be coming until next year. The current audtions are likely either for Oogie Boogie Bash or the X-Mas Parade.
    Except it says right on the notice what parade it’s for... try again with the fake narrative. This parade will have performers like any other.

Here’s the list for all the face characters in the parade.

Moana
    Anna
    Elsa
    Kristoff
    Flora
    Fauna
    Merryweather
    Princess Aurora
    Prince Phillip
    Cinderella
    Fairy Godmother
    Princess Tiana
    Prince Naveen
    Merlin
    Arthur
    Peter Pan
    Tinker Bell
    Blue Fairy

Here’s some screenshots so the fake news can end on MiceChat:

Click image for larger version

Name:	28F469B3-4232-464A-903F-5717BD922FF9.jpeg
Views:	497
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	8600898Click image for larger version

Name:	47DAC572-1810-4E13-A97E-A8F6DFDF1F44.jpeg
Views:	446
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	8600899

Leave a comment:

• Spongeocto4
    replied

Although you were right about the parade...

Auditions are up on Disney Auditions for character look a likes and parade performers/dancers...
    Magic Happens won't be coming until next year. The current audtions are likely either for Oogie Boogie Bash or the X-Mas Parade.

Leave a comment:

• Eagleman
    replied
    Originally posted by golden zephyr View Post
    someday soon cheap-out chapek will be move on, that time can't come soon enough

Leave a comment:

• Disney Analyst
    replied

The Moana unit is using the same type of screen tech as the Belle unit from PTN, but it's not using the actual Belle unit.

PTN will remain in storage so long as Cheap-Out Chapek is in charge. Notice anything about all the Magic Happens artwork released today at D23??? It's almost completely missing parade performers. No dancers, no stunts, no musicians, nothing happening on the route, and only one or two sellable IP characters on each unit!!!

Chapek doesn't like Entertainment CM's, he thinks we're all too highly paid and it's a waste of money for him. He doesn't like theater or the arts in general, he likes to go fly fishing instead. For reals, that's what our managers have said is behind all the cuts. It's cheap, saves him a ton of money, and he thinks Entertainment is a huge waste and doesn't think the parks really need pro performers for much of anything.

Although you were right about the parade...

Auditions are up on Disney Auditions for character look a likes and parade performers/dancers...

Leave a comment:

• Golden Zephyr
    replied

Always appreciate your posts! They are great reads and a fun window into the DLR. I know what you are saying is true, some of the stories are legendary. You yourself could probably write a book someday.

As I knew, everything you predicted originally came true. From the beginning your story brought us to your world. Great writing style that is truely your own!! Keep on coming, always a pleasure to chat!

Someday soon Cheap-Out Chapek will be move on, that time can't come soon enough

Leave a comment:

• Fenix
    replied

It did???? Well it all happened @ D23 just like I said it would! LOLZ!!!!!

The thing that got super sketchy and suspish at work a few months ago was the #MeToo thing in my post where DLR managers are messing around with DLR hourly CM's. That caused all sorts of drama at work because the HR ladies in TDA are old prudes and the big bosses at DLR are all over 40 and have no idea how Grindr and Tinder and BeNaughty and Feeld and all the dating and hook up Apps work. You know, the Apps that DLR managers use at work constantly to cruise for their next CM hook up with??? Yah, those ones.

DLR has always been one giant high school, and it's soooooo stupid that HR ladies and the General Managers and VP's all have no idea how the world works in 2019 and had to pretend to be shocked that their 28 year old Stage Managers (and some Prod. Managers too) were hooking up with the 21 year old CM's they manage. DUH!!!!! But Magic Happens!!!

If I knew how to code I would totally make a new App just for DLR Managers to cruise their CM's with, or vice versa.

I'd call it DisneyCruz.
    It was all the immature and irrelevant backstories regarding Uber drivers and Grindr and LOLz that came with your information that made it easy to not believe. Appreciate the "deets" though please keep em coming and I'm sorry if I came across like a jerk. Really seemed like you were trolling...
    Last edited by Fenix; 08-26-2019, 12:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LilMonsterPageantHelper
    replied
    Originally posted by PhotoMatt View Post

Thank you for sharing your insider information here. I know there are many other forums, and I appreciate that you post here.

I know some members here are skeptical of your information when it comes to CM interaction, but I know it's true. It has always been true. I worked at the MK in WDW in the late 80's and early 90's, and one of my 30+ year old leads engaged in extracurricular activities with a 17yo. The drama that went on off the clock was legendary.
    Hey, no probs!!

Yah - I heard that kinda thing is bad in Foods where some of the CM's are still seniors in high school. In DLR Entertainment we're all over 18, many over 21 so it's all legal.

We all thought it was wacked out that HR was freaking out so bad about it earlier this year. Like they seriously had no idea their Stage Managers and Prod. Managers are wandering the parks on Grindr and other skeezy Apps picking up CM's and guests while they are at work.

How out of it can the HR prudes be in 2019????? Managers are doin this every hour that the park is open, but after sundown it amps up higher and they're swiping right all over the place!!! In the park with guests, cruising thru CM break rooms and the InnBetween, anywhere in N19.

Leave a comment:

replied

Leave a comment:

• nickdean707
    replied

DisneyCruz.
    Can you still confirm that the Paint the Night floats are still safe? The back of that Moana float shown in the concept art looks a lot like the PTN Belle Float. Although, the front looks like the Princess and the Frog float....

Leave a comment:

• PhotoMatt
    replied

Thank you for sharing your insider information here. I know there are many other forums, and I appreciate that you post here.

I know some members here are skeptical of your information when it comes to CM interaction, but I know it's true. It has always been true. I worked at the MK in WDW in the late 80's and early 90's, and one of my 30+ year old leads engaged in extracurricular activities with a 17yo. The drama that went on off the clock was legendary.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by Fenix View Post
    This whole post seems suspicious.

The thing that got super sketchy and suspish at work a few months ago was the #MeToo thing in my post where DLR managers are messing around with DLR hourly CM's. That caused all sorts of drama at work because the HR ladies in TDA are old prudes and the big bosses at DLR are all over 40 and have no idea how Grindr and Tinder and BeNaughty and Feeld and all the dating and hook up Apps work. You know, the Apps that DLR managers use at work constantly to cruise for their next CM hook up with??? Yah, those ones.

DLR has always been one giant high school, and it's soooooo stupid that HR ladies and the General Managers and VP's all have no idea how the world works in 2019 and had to pretend to be shocked that their 28 year old Stage Managers (and some Prod. Managers too) were hooking up with the 21 year old CM's they manage. DUH!!!!! But Magic Happens!!!

If I knew how to code I would totally make a new App just for DLR Managers to cruise their CM's with, or vice versa.

I'd call it DisneyCruz.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X