Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Disneyland-Specific Content Do You Want Made Available through Disney+?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Disneyland-Specific Content Do You Want Made Available through Disney+?

The Walt Disney Company had, by almost all accounts, a successful investor day last week that provided some of the details regarding Disney's strategy towards subscription services for Internet-distributed digital media, but what expressly Disneyland-related content do you want made available?

DisneyChris.com has several audio recordings, for example, that Disney should probably offer to audiences in a more formal presentation.

In that vein, I also would like to see the idea for the "Disneyland Forever" kiosks resurrected in some form.

Comment

I would also like "American Journeys," and the other Circlevision 360° travelogues, made available through Disney+, especially in the form of virtual-reality presentations.

The "Circlevision 360°" brand could even be applied to future Disney V.R. productions, particularly those that are not interactive.

Comment

"Dick Tracy LIVE!: Diamond Double Cross" was the first narrative show The Walt Disney Company ever produced for the stage, and, usually, watching it and other events of this sort nowadays requires viewing some amateur's poorly-made home video from the 1990's on YouTube.

Disney has some footage of many of these things available somewhere, and I would like to see the more professional recordings the company has buried and forgotten.

Comment

Captain EO, muppet vision 3d and Its Tough to be a Bug 3D
          Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

A two-dimensional version of "Captain EO" was presented on MTV once, but Disney+ could make a full three-dimensional experience available on the service.

Comment

Originally posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
              I would also like "American Journeys," and the other Circlevision 360° travelogues, made available through Disney+, especially in the form of virtual-reality presentations.

The "Circlevision 360°" brand could even be applied to future Disney V.R. productions, particularly those that are not interactive.
              I would definitely buy a VR piece if they could make this work out. I'll take Reflections of China, Impressions of France, and all of the other Epcot World Showcase movies too.

Comment

I also would like to see replicated versions of "America Sings" and similar other defunct attractions.

Comment

Disney is starting to experiment with their music (like that from Pandora) on Apple Music. I would like to see Disney put all the area loops or even ambient sound/music from the parks on streaming services for music. Include ride throughs, shows, etc. (some are already available online), but allow it on Spotify, Amazon, and Apple Music. Disney+ can then allow for special content like walking binaural audio tours of the parks or something to that effect could be fun.

I'm not sure if it makes as much sense from a business perspective, but I just really want this content.

Comment

Disney has some footage of many of these things available somewhere, and I would like to see the more professional recordings the company has buried and forgotten.
                    Since a lot of those old theme park productions were created under contracts that didn't include streaming rights, I very much doubt that Disney would want to push them online and start making money off them. Last they they would want is a myriad of old performers suing for compensation.

Comment

I would like to see all the professionally shot film of the World's Fair. I would love to see the full ride through of the rides Disney did for the fair.

Comment

The Walt Disney Presents: Disneyland television series would a a good one.

It would also be nice if they could do mini-documentaries on existing and yesterland rides. You can find these unofficially on YouTube but if Disney could add more with their knowledge and access, that could be fun.

Comment

I like the idea of documentaries, and would love to see all the ones they did in the Tin Box things they used to sell in the park.

Comment

Old advertising should be available through an Internet version of The Disney Archives.

Some of this material is currently available on YouTube, but Disney has the potential to formalize access via Disney+.

Comment

Comment

I would also like to see anything they filmed in the park after the opening. If they have a film of the entire original jungle cruise, that would be so nice.

Comment

I would love to have a Disney Parks filter on the interface, so we could isolate all of this stuff. I'll take it all and spend a ton of time watching it.

Comment

1) The 1977 MMC series, often filmed at the park. This was the Mickey Mouse Club I was most familiar with being all of 7 years old at the time.
                                    2) The KCAL 9 series "Mickey's Toontown" from the mid 90's.(filmed at the park and featuring classic cartoons)
                                    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the California 9 KCAL-TV series was entitled "K-MOUSE."

Comment

When Walt Disney acquired KHJ-TV and changed its call sign to "KCAL-TV," the company rebranded the local L.A. channel, "California 9."

Comment

Working...
                                        X