Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

Has Visiting Disneyland changed anything in your daily life? If So what?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Visiting Disneyland changed anything in your daily life? If So what?

Here is an example of what I mean...I now have plastic belt buckles on all my belts as I got tired of having to get wanded each time I entered due to metal belt buckles. The wallet I now use must have a sleeve where I can put my and my kids AP's for quick access if needed. My keychain now has a quick release so I can easily remove my pocket knife before leaving for the park.

Nope.

Comment

I keep up with the latest Disney scoop most everyday (post here, read various blogs). Aside from the planning and anticipation of trips, I have quite the Disneyland book collection which I love reading to keep up with trivia or get excited for trips.

Comment

My checking account balance got significantly smaller.

Comment

Originally posted by Starcade View Post
          Here is an example of what I mean...I now have plastic belt buckles on all my belts as I got tired of having to get wanded each time I entered due to metal belt buckles. The wallet I now use must have a sleeve where I can put my and my kids AP's for quick access if needed. My keychain now has a quick release so I can easily remove my pocket knife before leaving for the park.
          YEP check your pocket.........I use to have a Swiss pocket knife.......in my pocket
          Now I leave it at home..........pocket knife has become a issue at many places ,not just Disney Parks
          I do understand.........rules and for it .......
          Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Disney Parks can be FUN........
            I use be a AP holder for many years.
            Now I want enjoy many part of life, and there so much to see....
            There many other place's to go
            There more to life than Disney !
            IMO
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by whowhawhere View Post
              "That can happen will Fast"........LOL
              Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Originally posted by whowhawhere View Post
                Haha, indeed!

Comment

I don’t know about daily, and this may be way off topic, but growing up going there definitely influenced many areas of my life.

it gave me a curiosity about traveling the world and a desire for living some real adventures of my own; both of which I’ve done.

POTC influenced my decision to join the Navy and sail the seas. I may not have been firing cannonballs at swashbuckling marauders, but there were many exciting times during that part of my life.

Adventureland sparked my curiosity with visiting other countries and cultures.
                  Fantasyland with its European influences also drove my desire to travel and see what else was out there.
                  Main Street showed me that I could find interesting places with character and history right here in the US. I’ve made many road trips to small towns and out of the way places here and found many other Main Streets.

Tomorrowland excited me about science and technology which drives my career.

HM is the basis for my annual Halloween Display and something I really enjoy working on every year. It’s my favorite hobby now and I’m constantly working to improve my animatronics to be as fluid and lifelike as the ones in the park that inspire me.

All in all, I’d say that DL has influenced much of my life.
                  Mike_M

Disneyland Trips
                  Walt Disney World
                  Disneyland Paris

1980, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1989
                  1990, 1992, 1993

2000, 2001, 2006, 2007, 2009
                  2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2016, 2017, 2/2019, 11/2019

Comment

Working...
                  X