Announcement

Collapse

The Future of the MiceChat Forums

See more
See less

The Halloween party is going to DCA this year!!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Halloween party is going to DCA this year!!

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/eve...1190417190012C

Trick or treat! Disneyland Resort is bringing a new event to guests of all ages this Halloween season: Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party at Disney California Adventure park. This separate-ticket party treats guests to multiple new experiences that are fun for the entire family, from the new “World of Color” spectacular – “Villainous!,” to an interactive “Descendants”-inspired dance party, a stage show with Mickey Mouse, and a mysterious Disney villains walk-through experience.

Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will add to the fun of Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, celebrated from Sept. 6 through Oct. 31, 2019.

Highlights of the new separate-ticket event include:
    • “Villainous!” – The new “World of Color” show weaves a Halloween tale about a young girl named Shelley Marie. This twisted tale carries Shelley on an unforgettable journey, exploring the villainous side of Disney characters through fountains, lights, lasers, projections and special effects. “Villainous!” shows that, deep down, there’s a little villain in all of us.
    • Redwood Creek Challenge Trail – Transformed into a wondrous and ethereal world of Disney villains unlike anything seen before, Redwood Creek will be tricked out in a dreamlike environment. This new experience unfolds in a series of scenes, each creating a hauntingly beautiful dream-space of color, sound, light and shadows, as stories emerge from the darkest night to create an enchanting world.
    • Immersive Treat Trails – Enjoy trick-or-treating at the new, wonderfully wicked treat trails throughout the park. Iconic characters such as Mad Hatter from Tim Burton’s “Alice in Wonderland,” or even Oogie Boogie himself will surprise and delight. Additional treat trails will feature oversized cauldrons full of treats for all guests to enjoy.
    • DescenDance – A new pulsing party in the Backlot area of Hollywood Land is inspired by the popular “Descendants” franchise from the Disney Channel. As the DescenDance begins, a spell is cast, summoning the greatest dance crew from the Isle of the Lost to throw down and lead everyone in moves that are set to the biggest hit songs from the “Descendants” films.
    • “Frightfully Fun Parade” – The guest-favorite parade is coming to Disney California Adventure park for the first time! The Headless Horseman of Sleepy Hollow starts the procession, followed by Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse who lead the cavalcade of characters and many mischievous Disney villains who are ready to stir up some trouble along the parade route.
    • Mickey’s Trick and Treat show – Perfect for young guests, this new, interactive stage production invites kids of all ages to join Mickey Mouse and his pals as they throw a one-of-a-kind Halloween party! Enjoy dancing, not-so-frightening scary-tales, and candy at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land.
    • Character encounters – Meet beloved Disney characters – and villains, too. You may be surprised at who you discover at this Halloween party, ready for photos and greetings!
    Take note of these important dates and mark your calendars:
    • April 23: Tickets on sale to Disneyland Resort Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club members and Disney Visa card holders
    • April 30: Tickets on sale to general public
    • Oogie Boogie Bash 2019 dates: Sept. 17, Sept. 19, Sept. 22, Sept. 24, Sept. 26, Sept. 29, Oct. 1, Oct. 3, Oct. 6, Oct. 8, Oct. 10, Oct. 13, Oct. 15, Oct. 17, Oct. 20, Oct. 22, Oct. 24, Oct. 27, Oct. 29 and Oct. 31
    Entry to Disney California Adventure park before the party is included with an Oogie Boogie Bash ticket. The after-hours party begins at 7 p.m. PST and you will have the opportunity to play in the park for three hours before the event starts on Tuesday and Thursday nights (excluding Oct. 29 and Oct. 31) or four hours on Sunday nights, plus Oct. 29 and Oct. 31.

Tickets for the new Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party* may be purchased online, as well as at the Disneyland Resort main gate and by phone at 714-781-4636. Online and mobile purchases are not available the day of the event. Parking is not included in the ticket price, and parking fees will apply. Entertainment and attractions are subject to change without notice. Guests may visit the site for additional details.

For more information and tickets to Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party at the Disneyland Resort, visit Disneyland.com/HalloweenParty.

*The number of tickets available are limited and valid only for the specific event date and hours. Limit eight (8) tickets per person, per event date. Tickets not required for Guests ages 2 and under. Tickets are non-refundable and may not be resold or transferred for a commercial purpose. Costumes are subject to Disney guidelines and should not be obstructive or offensive; please check special event costume guidelines athttps://disneyland.disney.go.com/faq/parks/dress for restrictions. Offer and event elements are subject to restrictions, change or cancellation without notice.

This makes me VERY sad, as I can't eat candy, and the only reason I would go to the party is the empty park, and ride opportunities it provided. But DCA has so few rides that most everyone will be on the best rides there (GOTG, and Screamin') so it will basically negate the value of the parties for me.

I am truly saddened by this news. I was planning on using the party time to be able to enjoy SWGE as I will be visiting during what I hear is going to be a very busy time at the park (Columbus day weekend) And feel this will mean I will have limited ability to enjoy the land. :'(

Comment

Can you imagine if they had the Halloween party in Disneyland, and had Stormtroopers handing out Star Wars themed "treats"?

Man, I'd be down for that!

It does sound like they are going to try really hard to make the DCA party work...the Redwood Trials thing sounds intriguing. I might go. Seriously considering it. And, no, I don't like/want/need candy very much, either. I hope they have healthier alternatives for folks like us.
      Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

I wanted to hate this announcement but what they are offering actually sounds very nice. DCA certainly has a lack of attractions that I care about and I would much rather have the party over in Disneyland so I may enjoy Ghost Galaxy and Haunted Mansion Holiday during the event but with Galaxy's Edge opening, I understand why they made this decision.

Like I said, what is being offered here actually does sound nice to me so I suppose we'll wait and see how it turns out. However, if the move for the party means losing the Haunted Mansion Holiday and Ghost Galaxy (as was previously mentioned in the rumor which stated the Halloween party would move to DCA), then Disney can take this party and shove it right back up- I mean, where it came from.
        First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

I'm legitimately shocked that this event was announced without a single ride overlay. RSR has been rumored to be getting a Halloween version for years now. And before you say anything... no, changing the scenes they show on the GotG screens does not count as an overlay.

Side note: can we just close the backlot down at this point? I'm tired of dance parties and this area is on life support.

Comment

I imagine the standby time for GOTG is going to be exactly as long as it is during the day. it really is very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post
              I'm legitimately shocked that this event was announced without a single ride overlay. RSR has been rumored to be getting a Halloween version for years now. And before you say anything... no, changing the scenes they show on the GotG screens does not count as an overlay.
              Good point. Maybe Disney just doesn't have the budget given everything else that's going on?

I'd like to think that they wouldn't dare not do the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain overlays but...you know, they just might.

If they did that, I suspect that it will be extremely disappointing for many people, myself included.

Are there any CMs out there who can confirm or deny this rumor?

Edit: Apparently, Disneyland will be doing the Haunted Mansion overlay this year. No word about Space Mountain's Ghost Galaxy overlay, however.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/att...nsion-holiday/
              Last edited by whiteness; 04-17-2019, 10:33 AM.

Comment

It sounds Pretty Cool, my main things that would have gotten me to go are
                Toy Story Mania Overlay
                Racers Overlay
                Hollywood becoming Monstropolis (only for the event, using projectors)
                Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

My family has a trip planned for halloween time so we were excited for this announcement! I pretty much knew they would do DCA but wasn't sure what they would have...the offerings sound pretty fun! My kids are big descendants fans too so they'll be very happy. Plus we've been to the disneyland version a couple times so it will be fun to experience something new

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun,
                    new stuff. It’s great how much Disney is investing in new experiences to keep us going back over and over. Even when they are spending astronomical amounts of money on the all new Star Wars Land which would guarantee new guests anyways for years. It really is a great time for Disney and theme parks in general. As an added bonus, Disney movies have been especially good this past decade.

Comment

Would it kill them to make a Halloween Toy Story Midway Mania overlay? I remember when this came out they talked about how they could easily change things up with new screens? As far as I can tell, they haven't did anything to it in years.. But I am looking forward to the party at DCA. With all the parties this year falling on school nights, I don't expect the crowds to be too bad. I guess Disney doesn't want families with kids going. Kind of odd.

Comment

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
                        Would it kill them to make a Halloween Toy Story Midway Mania overlay? I remember when this came out they talked about how they could easily change things up with new screens? As far as I can tell, they haven't did anything to it in years.. But I am looking forward to the party at DCA. With all the parties this year falling on school nights, I don't expect the crowds to be too bad. I guess Disney doesn't want families with kids going. Kind of odd.
                        You are right. The dates are all around strange, because many working people will also avoid weeknights. This limits the audience. It tells me that it well really be a locals only crowd.

Maybe they are testing this year and hoping for lower turnout.

No Halloween Screams fireworks show, no Cadaver Dans, no foggy rivers of America, no Haunted Mansion leaves this a bit cold for me.

Comment

Originally posted by whiteness View Post

Good point. Maybe Disney just doesn't have the budget given everything else that's going on?

I'd like to think that they wouldn't dare not do the Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain overlays but...you know, they just might.

If they did that, I suspect that it will be extremely disappointing for many people, myself included.

Are there any CMs out there who can confirm or deny this rumor?

Edit: Apparently, Disneyland will be doing the Haunted Mansion overlay this year. No word about Space Mountain's Ghost Galaxy overlay, however.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/att...nsion-holiday/
                          This follows the pattern of prior announcements of what are exclusive activities to the party. Overlays that are operational throughout the day and week would be announced with the rest of the information about the Halloween Time offerings for all.

Comment

Maybe I’m blind and missed it but Ghost Galaxy appears to be missing from the list of Halloween shows and attractions.
                            Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Quentin View Post
                              Maybe I’m blind and missed it but Ghost Galaxy appears to be missing from the list of Halloween shows and attractions.
                              Looks like that overlay might be going to Yesterdayland. Unless they just forgot to mention it.

Well...I'll miss it, if that's true. But the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay is the bigger deal, in my mind. I just hope they don't scale it back in some way.

Comment

Hmm....I think overall I'm bummed about this. We've never attended and this was going to be our first time BUT it was basically just to experience the park - Disneyland park lol - with less people. I'll wait and see what the price looks like. In my opinion if it's at DCA it should cost less but I'm not holding my breath.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Zephyr View Post

You are right. The dates are all around strange, because many working people will also avoid weeknights. This limits the audience. It tells me that it well really be a locals only crowd.

Maybe they are testing this year and hoping for lower turnout.

No Halloween Screams fireworks show, no Cadaver Dans, no foggy rivers of America, no Haunted Mansion leaves this a bit cold for me.
                                  Halloween Screams will still be shown, DisneylandToday confirmed it on twitter.Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190417-164646.png
Views:	836
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	8584902

Comment

Wow I just looked up the price. $145 per person for a party at....DCA. It's $79 in WDW. Just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by nickdean707 View Post

Halloween Screams will still be shown, DisneylandToday confirmed it on twitter.Click image for larger version

At Disneyland? So...no upcharge for the Halloween Fireworks show? Awesome, if true!

Comment

Originally posted by nickdean707 View Post

Awesome, thank you!! If this is true, we can all enjoy this great show with no upcharge!

Comment

Working...
                                        X