This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WestcotSea with a PeopleMover please

If you could imagineer your own "third theme park" for the Disneyland resort, what would be your blue-sky (don't worry about the budget, just dream) ideas? Bonus points for creativity and the use of sketches or diagrams.

I swear if Imagineering was like an In-n-Out, (and you could order your own park made fresh the way you like it,) a lot of MiceChatters seem to want to order a WestcotSea with a side of PeopleMover.

Re: WestcotSea with a PeopleMover please

I want People Mover back in Tomorrowland at Disneyland where it belongs, not in some other park.

But Disney's Westcot Seas can have a lovely monorail circle it and perhaps a train of some sort. Just leave the People Mover to the park that deserves it most.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook: .

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,
    Save

Comment

I would take the money for my park and fully invest in the resort as a whole to make everything 2wice as bigger and better
      You can't talk S*** unless your gonna do something about it...

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
        I want People Mover back in Tomorrowland at Disneyland where it belongs, not in some other park.

But Disney's Westcot Seas can have a lovely monorail circle it and perhaps a train of some sort. Just leave the People Mover to the park that deserves it most.
        Dusty, if a genie ever pops out of a bottle, I'll let you have one of my three wishes.

Comment

Westcot would be an awesome idea... don't know why they didn't build it. Maybe it's because it was a clone of Epcot (don't want that)... I'd want a science-themed park full of detail, such as:

1. Geologic explorations under the Earth's crust to discover how plate tectonics work, and what happens during a big earthquake.
          2. Astronomical journeys into outer space.
          3. Meteorological voyages into weather change. (not a TDS StormRider clone though)
          4. Underwater voyages into the mysterious future of underwater cities.
          5. Journey into the atom (bring Inner Space back!!)
          6. Journey into the human body (bring Body Wars back!! and update please)
          etc. etc.

The main science themes I wanted to see were:

1. Earth Science
          - Astronomy (Outer Space)
          - Meteorology (Weather)
          - Geology (Earth)
          - Oceanography (Ocean)
          2. Environmental Science
          3. Agricultural Science
          4. Biology
          5. Chemistry
          6. Physics
          7. Marine Biology
          8. Ecology
          9. Anatomy & Physiology
          I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
          Argonaut - 1
          Sea Farer - 1

Comment

In keeping with the rumor Dusty told me, that park 3 might be more exclusive and pricey, perhaps the theme should be DISNEY's SCIENCE PARK (someone find a name that makes SCIENCE sound fun). You could have a lot more guided tours and hands on CM demonstrations.

Comment

ummm- my idea

A park LIKE Westcot but it has an extra land other than Future world and World showcase...DISCOVERYLAND(couldn't come up with a good name other than a copy) It is like Mysterious Island but seriously expanded. Including "Journey threw Time", 20,000 leages, Journey to the Center of the earth, and a flight on the Hyperion, and mabye a "magnetic roller coaster"(that was somewhere in the Discovery Bay plans I think..)

It could be called WESTCOT, and for those of you questioning Discoveryland, It fits because the park is about progress and celebracion, Discoveryand is like a fantisized Future world in the 1800's

watcha think?

edit: this is the best I got so far(it's not my favorite idea)

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                In keeping with the rumor Dusty told me, that park 3 might be more exclusive and pricey, perhaps the theme should be DISNEY's SCIENCE PARK (someone find a name that makes SCIENCE sound fun). You could have a lot more guided tours and hands on CM demonstrations.
                uhh Disney's Progress land?? i know.. not very exiting

Comment

Originally posted by pianoman13 View Post
                  ummm- my idea

A park LIKE Westcot but it has an extra land other than Future world and World showcase...DISCOVERYLAND(couldn't come up with a good name other than a copy) It is like Mysterious Island but seriously expanded. Including "Journey threw Time", 20,000 leages, Journey to the Center of the earth, and a flight on the Hyperion, and mabye a "magnetic roller coaster"(that was somewhere in the Discovery Bay plans I think..)

It could be called WESTCOT, and for those of you questioning Discoveryland, It fits because the park is about progress and celebracion, Discoveryand is like a fantisized Future world in the 1800's

watcha think?

You get bonus points for creativity; any sketches or diagrams you want to put up?

Comment

Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
                    You get bonus points for creativity; any sketches or diagrams you want to put up?
                    ok umm I drew something but I don't have a camera or a scanner to upload it-plus I wouldn't be able to find it. I'll draw something in paint though)

Comment

Ok so it's no that great but it gives you an idea of how it'd be layed out

notice how all of the lakes and rivers in the park are connected (could be used for transportation) and also I thought it would be cool to see Space ship earth placed in a small lake.

thats it for now

Comment

Originally posted by Dustysage View Post
                        I'd rather see a serious people mover system set up between all three parks and the parking areas. Bring Walt's experiment to fruition. ^_^

But at the same time, so something "good" with the poor abandoned PM track. It's so lonely up there with only ducks for company.
                        Disney FAQ#275: What is DCA?
                        DCA stands for Disney Construction Area. All the Cast Members are themed with hard hats and steel toed boots.

Comment

oh-my-god...
                          http://webcot.free.fr/articles/westcot/westcot.jpg
                          Last edited by penguinsoda; 11-20-2007, 07:56 PM. Reason: Hotlinking photo, against MiceChat rules

Comment

oh-my-god...
                            Yeah, there's no way that was happening, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
                              Yeah, there's no way that was happening, lol.
                              WAS...

Comment

WAS...
                                Even with the somewhat new attitude towards Disney parks, I doubt current management would ever fund that park without 1) scaling it down and 2) filling it with Pixar and character driven attractions.

I would not be surprised if something like WestCot is Tokyo's third park. That would give them a taste of World Showcase and it would give them an excuse to turn Tomorrowland into a character driven land like they want while having a more serious future world in the new park.

I think it could work.

Comment

Even with the somewhat new attitude towards Disney parks, I doubt current management would ever fund that park without 1) scaling it down and 2) filling it with Pixar and character driven attractions.

I would not be surprised if something like WestCot is Tokyo's third park. That would give them a taste of World Showcase and it would give them an excuse to turn Tomorrowland into a character driven land like they want while having a more serious future world in the new park.

I think it could work.
                                  Since when is Tokyo in the west?

edit: They already have the BEST stuff!! why do they NEED a thrid gate???

Comment

Since when is Tokyo in the west?
                                    They would obviously change the name.

Westcot never sounded like a good name to me anyway. It always sounded like a work in progress name given to a tentative project.
                                    edit: They already have the BEST stuff!! why do they NEED a thrid gate???
                                    I don't know if they need a third gate or not. One possible reason not to build a third gate is to not further dilute attendance.

Before Tokyo DisneySea, Tokyo Disneyland saw 17 million visits a year. After TDS opened it dropped down to just under 13 million with TDS bringing in about 12 million per year.

While it was a net gain for the resort you can see how the diminishing returns would make building too many parks in one place a bad investment. I doubt we will see a 5th gate at Walt Disney World for that reason.

Comment

They would obviously change the name.

Westcot never sounded like a good name to me anyway. It always sounded like a work in progress name given to a tentative project.
                                      yeah- i was thinking"what dose the WEST stand for?(now I know that it's sopposed to be western community of Tomorrow, too bad the Experimental and Prototype are gone)

Comment

yeah- i was thinking"what dose the WEST stand for?(now I know that it's sopposed to be western community of Tomorrow, too bad the Experimental and Prototype are gone)
                                        It was just to signify that it was a west coast Epcot.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X