I'm confused about this Haunted Mansion event.

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NGW
    MiceChatter
    • Sep 2012

I'm confused about this Haunted Mansion event.

Restless spirits join guests in celebrating the Haunted Mansion’s 50th anniversary during two separately ticketed, after-hours events at Disneyland Park.

Specifically the 50th anniversary merch. From the way that reads not only is the chance to buy that random and limited, but it's only going to be made available as part of the ticketed ($300!) event? Like, what if I just want to go to the park like I always do, go to the shop and buy it? Really really annoyed and disappointed if it's limited to an incredibly expensive event with very limited capacity.
  • Nesboy43
    MiceChatter
    • Aug 2010

You will f ind you are happier enjoying the ride and not worrying about limited edition plastic with bloggers and fanboys. Who wants to show up at midnight anyways?

Comment

• SoCalDisneyFan

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post
      You will f ind you are happier enjoying the ride and not worrying about limited edition plastic with bloggers and fanboys. Who wants to show up at midnight anyways?
      Actually that is the cool part of the whole thing. Being able to roam that area of the park between 1 & 4 AM is very cool. I imagine it will be a fun event, but IMO 3 hours is not enough time given the price. They will sell out, of course, but value wise for me, I'd much rather cover half the cost of the new Flex Pass, which will give me 12 months of visits, rather than use it for 3 hours at an event, and then probably spending even more to purchase event merchandise that won't be cheap.

Comment

• tarheelalum
        Mice chatter
        • Apr 2015

The word value and Disneyland should not be used together anymore.

Comment

• Mr Wiggins

• Jan 2005

Originally posted by tarheelalum View Post
          The word value and Disneyland should not be used together anymore.
          Nor the phrase "convenience of our guests."

"Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
          it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
          together with every variety of recreation and fun,
          designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
          - Michael Eisner

"It's very symbiotic."
          - Bob Chapek

Comment

• Eagleman
            Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

Originally posted by Mr Wiggins View Post

Nor the phrase "convenience of our guests."
            This Event ,Can't
            convenience me away ...it would be ,past my bed time .......
            LOL
            Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• NGW
              MiceChatter
              • Sep 2012

So..is that merch shown in the link not going to be available to normal guests during normal park hours for the 50th anniversary? Are we getting normal 50th anniversary merchandise that we can purchase or is it all just for this event?

Comment

• DLHMFAN
                MiceChatter
                • Apr 2015

If you can't go for the special event, you can ride the ride, listen to the soundtrack, or even watch the ride on YouTube. There are alternatives that are more affordable and easier to work with.

Comment

• SoCalDisneyFan

• Jul 2005

If this was offered on a Friday night, I would be much more interested. Reading the details, it actually sounds like it could be a great event if they execute it well. But I'd almost certainly have to take the day off on Friday, which combined with the cost kind of sways me against the idea.

I think it's a guarantee that there will be merch available for purchase in the parks, but the merch pictured will be more limited, so much of it you won't be able to get unless you attend the event, and even then you'll need to be eligible via the random draw.

Comment

• Eagleman
                    Lord of the Sky

• Oct 2008

~Sound like a OVERNIGHT CA$H GRAB-Event ~
                    Amazing
                    Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

• denyuntilcaught
                      MiceChatter
                      • Sep 2013

Hard pass.

Comment

• Pips
                        Mice Chatter
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by denyuntilcaught View Post
                        Hard pass.
                        Gosh, I haven't seen any enthusiasm on any of the fan sites. I'm sure they'll fill the place anyhow, but nice to see people aren't rising to any and all bait.

Comment

• bambros88@yahoo.com
                          BAMBROS
                          • Jan 2019

Originally posted by Pips View Post

Gosh, I haven't seen any enthusiasm on any of the fan sites. I'm sure they'll fill the place anyhow, but nice to see people aren't rising to any and all bait.
                          Seems a bit pessimistic, the 999 people that do pay the $300 may or may not have a great time, but the value proposition varies on an individual basis and not all would see this as "bait"...just a fun and unique experience that is being offered to those that are willing and able to attend...

Comment

• Nesboy43
                            MiceChatter
                            • Aug 2010

I’m sure all the unsold merchandise will show up in the parks. I’m also glad people aren’t into these cash grab events.

The limited edition cupcakes, merch, and food as an event has to go. These Disney events have all looked like duds. Also why are the events always on Thursdays and late at night? For someone out of town that is not easy to work with in terms of time.

I think the worst part is the “adopt a ghost” certificate, which is 60 dollars for a piece of paper that you had the pleasure of paying 300 dollars to attend an event to purchase them.
                            Last edited by Nesboy43; 05-20-2019, 03:45 AM.

Comment

• gerilyne
                              New MiceChatter
                              • May 2013

What is confusing to me is the communication around the event itself. I had even emailed Disney a question about the event and was told they had no details an to wait for an official announcement. I think whatever they are doing is going to be a mess.

Comment

• Blurr
                                Fastest Bot in the Galaxy
                                • May 2011

My father and I are big Mansion fans so my initial thought was to definitely try and get two of these tickets. But, the more I thought about it and definitely after reading SoCalDisneyFan's note about this effectively costing half the price of a Flex Pass, I'm going to have to pass too. I love Mansion, more than any other attraction at the resort but what so many other people have said here in this thread rings true. There are many other ways to show your love for an attraction like this. Mansion has touched the hearts and minds of way more than the 999 folks who are going to attend this event and both we and Disney know it. You don't need to even be there to be considered a fan, you can love the attraction in your own way. Would it be fun to go? I think so but like others have said; not for that price point. Besides, it's not like Disney us going to miss out on the opportunity to sell 50th anniversary Haunted Mansion merchandise to your more casual day Guest so if some kind of physical souvenir is what you are looking for then I don't think you'll need to worry about missing out.

If you can't attend but still really want to show your support for the Mansion in some way, I would suggest just writing to Disney about it. Let them know how much the attraction means to you and why your life is better because of it. Thank them for keeping it around for as long as it has been and let them know that you want it to remain standing for future generations to experience what you have. Really pour on the love for this attraction, it deserves it.

Comment

• BiggestDisneyFan
                                  Proud of my erate view
                                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Nesboy43 View Post
                                  Are you serious? Lots and lots of people like to participate in overnight events at Disneyland. When I was in high school, I attended the original Captain EO premier, which was also an overnight event. It was a blast! Something about getting a little loopy, from lack of sleep, around 4 AM made the Disney Magic even more potent. (It didn't hurt that it was the first time I'd been to Disneyland for close to ten years.)
                                  Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

• Nesboy43
                                    MiceChatter
                                    • Aug 2010

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

Are you serious? Lots and lots of people like to participate in overnight events at Disneyland. When I was in high school, I attended the original Captain EO premier, which was also an overnight event. It was a blast! Something about getting a little loopy, from lack of sleep, around 4 AM made the Disney Magic even more potent. (It didn't hurt that it was the first time I'd been to Disneyland for close to ten years.)
                                    I think my lack of staying in hotels in the area + a long commute from DL to my home is what makes me disqualified from wanting to participate in these :P.

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
                                      Adventure First, Ad Last
                                      • Mar 2006

I still can't believe people pay for events where you are buying items....Ill pay 100 bucks to not shop and just ride the rides
                                      Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• AhpalovestheDuck
                                        MiceChatter
                                        • Nov 2008

Has this event been cancelled? All information seems to have vanished.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X