Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Galaxy Blues - Where’s the Disney Charm?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report Galaxy Blues - Where’s the Disney Charm?

Ugh. I’ve been holding my breath to post about my “experience” in the brand new Galaxys Edge area.

1). I and my guest were both t h o u r o u g l y disappointed.

2) Cars land puts it to shame. And the meticulous theming of Harry Potter at USH puts them both out.

3) What is that what seems to be a mile long trek from Critter Country with n o t h i n g n e s s going on.. Nothing.

4) The “bazaar” area is just a merchandise filled money grab TINY and IMHO tacky.

5) Smugglers Run? Hello - what was the narrow caverns and they the l a m e handing out passes and some sort of weird attempt to get people to “work together” on... what? The mission. Wow... Simulator ride - simulator ride. What is so spectacular?? Nothing. No character engagement just the millennium falcon. Attention to detail? Did the same “detailers” work on the ruined DCA attraction? I felt like I was in a plussed up Maze for a haunt. Seriously. Yea / ouch. Star Tours is a way better experience and enjoyable. This is a cheap retread.

6) The Milk. Gross. One of us got stomach cramps. Sorry it’s NO butter beer by farrrrrrrr. And the way that stand looks or doesn’t is horrible. Funny thing is that I got a email survey asking me about the “milk”. Major misfire. They know it or they wouldn’t be “surveying” it in its second week.

7) Space - there’s too much of NOTHING going on. Who cares about the cantina and light saber shops IF YOU THE GUEST ARE NOT INSIDE. There’s nothing going on in this land. It was dead silence minus some speeder noises etc. but seriously.

8) So far - what a let down. Utter let down. To qualify I’m a 42 year fan of this film series. WHERE IS THE CHARM AND WIT of this franchise? Where? Where?

9) This area - I won’t even call it a land - is a mistake. Will Star Tours close? What’s its purpose now? Seriously ? this area should have been used for additions to Fantasyland instead. Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, even a Coco dark ride. idk.

10) I could not wait to walk out of there and get back to the charm and splendor of Walt’s DISNEYLAND.

Maybe I’m first to say it - major disappointment. And yes I’m waiting on the ROTR ride. But one ride doesn’t make. Land — when you walk into Monument Valley you are breathless. When I walked into Batuu I was breathless alright. Downright - is this all????

Zero connection to ANY characters, the galaxy far far away. Why? Most importantly if this land was meant for attracting the young male demographic - epic fail. What will that audience magnate to?

Yes Rise of the Resistance will likely be great - fingers crossed. But impressionable thinking matters most. My first impressions were utter disappointment.
    Last edited by Disneyidol; 06-11-2019, 01:40 PM.

Originally posted by Disneyidol View Post
    Ugh. I’ve been holding my breath to post about my “experience” in the brand new Galaxys Edge area.

3) What is that what seems to be a mile long trek from Critter Country with n o t h i n g n e s s going on.. Nothing.
    The answer to this one is that it is largely the queue and exit for RotR and will be packed with people once RotR opens. Also, as the trees grow in, it will look more like a forested area.

Don't forget that SWGE is still in it's infancy and it is currently still really being broken in. It will fully open in late June and who knows what will be added or adjusted over time. I suspect that they will add more of a theatrical presence than just some storm troopers and Kylo Ren stomping around and lots of CM's saying 'bright suns'. For example, when (not if) the remaining Star Wars presence disappears from Tomorrowland, the Jedi Training Academy will very likely move to SWGE.

Yes, it looks like there were mistakes made with the layout and accessibility/scale of some of the shops and the cantina, but one thing I don't get is being really impresses by Monument Valley / Cars Land but utterly unimpressed with the grandiose design and scale of the surroundings in SWGE. Everything I've seen in videos, including the queue and experience for Smugglers Run, looks pretty cool. Smugglers Run a retread of Star Tours? I think you'll find few who share that opinion.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

In my opinion it will never have that “Disneyland charm”.

Comment

1). I and my guest were both t h o u r o u g l y disappointed.

2) Cars land puts it to shame. And the meticulous theming of Harry Potter at USH puts them both out.

4) The “bazaar” area is just a merchandise filled money grab TINY and IMHO tacky.

5) Smugglers Run? Hello - what was the narrow caverns and they the l a m e handing out passes and some sort of weird attempt to get people to “work together” on... what? The mission. Wow... Simulator ride - simulator ride. What is so spectacular?? Nothing. No character engagement just the millennium falcon. Attention to detail? Did the same “detailers” work on the ruined DCA attraction? I felt like I was in a plussed up Maze for a haunt. Seriously. Yea / ouch. Star Tours is a way better experience and enjoyable. This is a cheap retread.

6) The Milk. Gross. One of us got stomach cramps. Sorry it’s NO butter beer by farrrrrrrr. And the way that stand looks or doesn’t is horrible. Funny thing is that I got a email survey asking me about the “milk”. Major misfire. They know it or they wouldn’t be “surveying” it in its second week.

7) Space - there’s too much of NOTHING going on. Who cares about the cantina and light saber shops IF YOU THE GUEST ARE NOT INSIDE. There’s nothing going on in this land. It was dead silence minus some speeder noises etc. but seriously.

8) So far - what a let down. Utter let down. To qualify I’m a 42 year fan of this film series. WHERE IS THE CHARM AND WIT of this franchise? Where? Where?

9) This area - I won’t even call it a land - is a mistake. Will Star Tours close? What’s its purpose now? Seriously ? this area should have been used for additions to Fantasyland instead. Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, even a Coco dark ride. idk.

10) I could not wait to walk out of there and get back to the charm and splendor of Walt’s DISNEYLAND.

Maybe I’m first to say it - major disappointment. And yes I’m waiting on the ROTR ride. But one ride doesn’t make. Land — when you walk into Monument Valley you are breathless. When I walked into Batuu I was breathless alright. Downright - is this all????

Zero connection to ANY characters, the galaxy far far away. Why? Most importantly if this land was meant for attracting the young male demographic - epic fail. What will that audience magnate to?

Yes Rise of the Resistance will likely be great - fingers crossed. But impressionable thinking matters most. My first impressions were utter disappointment.
        i thought we were the only ones who thought so. It had so much hype around it that we went in with super high expectations and I was just like...this is it? Obviously as everyone is saying, it needs to work out the kinks and be fine tuned and im sure it will be, but it just seemed like a lot of nothingness. It was so expensive inside, there was zero shade, the Kylo Ren show was underwhelming, we couldnt get into the cantina, i was pretty bore after 1 hour

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

The answer to this one is that it is largely the queue and exit for RotR and will be packed with people once RotR opens. Also, as the trees grow in, it will look more like a forested area.

Don't forget that SWGE is still in it's infancy and it is currently still really being broken in. It will fully open in late June and who knows what will be added or adjusted over time. I suspect that they will add more of a theatrical presence than just some storm troopers and Kylo Ren stomping around and lots of CM's saying 'bright suns'. For example, when (not if) the remaining Star Wars presence disappears from Tomorrowland, the Jedi Training Academy will very likely move to SWGE.

Yes, it looks like there were mistakes made with the layout and accessibility/scale of some of the shops and the cantina, but one thing I don't get is being really impresses by Monument Valley / Cars Land but utterly unimpressed with the grandiose design and scale of the surroundings in SWGE. Everything I've seen in videos, including the queue and experience for Smugglers Run, looks pretty cool. Smugglers Run a retread of Star Tours? I think you'll find few who share that opinion.
          I think the running problem of the "theming" of this "land" is that its only the objects that connect visitors to the theme. The Falcon etc. Outside of that what will the masses relate to when visiting Batuu? Unless you yourself have been to it I don't think you can grasp how plain standing inside of it it is. Everything is too spread apart and just too too quiet, noting that nothing is going on.

So your implying that well if they add the entertainment from "tomorrowland" into it with some marching stormtroopers it will make this land come alive? Really? The "shopping" bizarre is tiny. The way into the "falcon" is not all like your walking to get on board of it . The queue is like waiting for the Guardians of the Galaxy and believe me the theming inside looks like the very same "creative team" worked on it. Cheaply done.

The Smugglers run "interactive" angle is just a sad attempt to plus up a motion ride. Star Tours is 10,000 times more effective.

Look at this new land this way. I'm begginning to think this is a bust. The lack of "crowds" the very much lacking of "word of mouth" in my line of work -- NOBODY I am talking to or asking care one bit about going to this new "land" or even visiting Disneyland period. Just not on the buzzed/. Prove me otherwise. I think a multitude of misfires are converging here and the lack of enthusiasm cuts so many ways. Sure it will get more crowded but that doesn't translate into likes. Sorry.

Even on this very forum, the response is very lackluster, throngs are not exactly jumping out of their bones about this new area. There's something wrong... Maybe the franchise is played out. Maybe the lack of interest in Star Tours as an attraction was a strong indicator and we all ignored it?

The queue deep inside the caverns of waiting to get into the Millennium Falcon was just plain dumb and so so poorly executed. They hand out these cards to people and tell you about the color you hold and somehow expect you to get together and "just figure it out". Any way you cut it, it is (Smugglers Run") poorly executed.

People keep saying a billion dollars... on what? Smugglers Run seems very very small compared to other show rooms. Star Tours is a very well executed ride.

Comment

Here is an interesting counterpoint, which matches most of what I've heard from others that have experience Galaxy's Edge for themselves: https://discuss.micechat.com/forum/d...night-in-batuu. The pictures, themselves, seem to contradict your perception of the land.
            Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

So your implying that well if they add the entertainment from "tomorrowland" into it with some marching stormtroopers it will make this land come alive? Really? The "shopping" bizarre is tiny. The way into the "falcon" is not all like your walking to get on board of it . The queue is like waiting for the Guardians of the Galaxy and believe me the theming inside looks like the very same "creative team" worked on it. Cheaply done.
              That's quite a stretch from what I said to what you are implying that I said. What I was saying is that they might very well add more theatrical elements that are out and interacting with guests (beyond the storm troopers and Kylo Ren that already walk around), and I believe that and other changes could have a positive effect on the land.

The Smugglers run "interactive" angle is just a sad attempt to plus up a motion ride. Star Tours is 10,000 times more effective.
              Of course, you're entitled to your opinion and it's as valid as anyone's, but I have heard mostly the opposite from others.

Look at this new land this way. I'm begginning to think this is a bust. The lack of "crowds" the very much lacking of "word of mouth" in my line of work -- NOBODY I am talking to or asking care one bit about going to this new "land" or even visiting Disneyland period. Just not on the buzzed/. Prove me otherwise. I think a multitude of misfires are converging here and the lack of enthusiasm cuts so many ways. Sure it will get more crowded but that doesn't translate into likes. Sorry.

Even on this very forum, the response is very lackluster, throngs are not exactly jumping out of their bones about this new area. There's something wrong... Maybe the franchise is played out. Maybe the lack of interest in Star Tours as an attraction was a strong indicator and we all ignored it?

The queue deep inside the caverns of waiting to get into the Millennium Falcon was just plain dumb and so so poorly executed. They hand out these cards to people and tell you about the color you hold and somehow expect you to get together and "just figure it out". Any way you cut it, it is (Smugglers Run") poorly executed.

People keep saying a billion dollars... on what? Smugglers Run seems very very small compared to other show rooms. Star Tours is a very well executed ride.
              No offense, but it sounds like you assumed that you would to be seriously disappointed by SWGE and that's coloring your perception of it. I can say that my experiences with people's interest and perceptions are very different from yours. Also, the lack of 'crowds' appears to be by design. It seems like Disney managed the crowds expertly with the reservation system. We'll have to see what the crowds are like at the end of June. The 'lack of interest' in Star Tours isn't a reality. It's a 30+ year old attraction and still gets long lines.
              Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

I have reservations for this Sunday. I am not an APer anymore so I am going to have to cough up the $149 ($300 for my partner and I) just to step foot in the park. This does not include parking, or the fee for max pass (which might not be needed anyway from what it looks like) or food or souvenirs.

A couple weeks ago my car broke down and I decided to have my transmission rebuilt. That’s $3400 right there. Last weekend we spent $200 on an suv rental for a camping trip we went on. His birthday is early next month and that’s another $120 for the gift that I’m eyeballing for him.

Something’s got to give. I hate to forgo my reservations and go with the masses later when I can afford things more easily. All the trip reports and YouTube videos had me excited for the first few days. But then I started getting bored. I started realizing there really is not that much to the land to justify the huge cost associated with being an APer. I started thinking I’m more excited to see the “new” offerings in DCA. Sure the land is new but I think it will grow old on me quick.

Comment

Originally posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post

That's quite a stretch from what I said to what you are implying that I said. What I was saying is that they might very well add more theatrical elements that are out and interacting with guests (beyond the storm troopers and Kylo Ren that already walk around), and I believe that and other changes could have a positive effect on the land.

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion and it's as valid as anyone's, but I have heard mostly the opposite from others.

No offense, but it sounds like you assumed that you would to be seriously disappointed by SWGE and that's coloring your perception of it. I can say that my experiences with people's interest and perceptions are very different from yours. Also, the lack of 'crowds' appears to be by design. It seems like Disney managed the crowds expertly with the reservation system. We'll have to see what the crowds are like at the end of June. The 'lack of interest' in Star Tours isn't a reality. It's a 30+ year old attraction and still gets long lines.
                  No offense but your assumingly putting words into my mouth. I’ve not indicated for one post that I’d expect to be underwhelmed. That’s funny bc I spoke to directly to random cast members and the majority felt the land is underwhelming in its present form and many said they too thought it would be more than it is.

Disney did not “design” the lack of media interest or social media interest. Show me how big “Galaxys Edge” is trending. Oops it’s not. That’s a problem. Period.

Comment

Well, not everyone is gonna love it. Your opinion of the land is as valid as anyone's who loved it.

I will say though that after spending a considerable amount of time on various Disney fan sites, reddit, YouTube, etc. since the opening of Galaxy's Edge that I could probably count the number of "overall" negative reviews on one hand. Two counts from this thread, specifically. Doesn't make you wrong! Just.. prepare to feel drowned out without fully comprehending why, the same way I've felt with Mission: Breakout for a while now.

You'll probably find more folks around here to agree with this assessment of the land than in other corners of the net though, so at least there's that. This isn't a jab at anyone or saying that anyone is wrong to believe what they do, just an observation. Helps to share your feelings with like-minded folks.
                    First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

U
                      Originally posted by Blurr View Post
                      Well, not everyone is gonna love it. Your opinion of the land is as valid as anyone's who loved it.

I will say though that after spending a considerable amount of time on various Disney fan sites, reddit, YouTube, etc. since the opening of Galaxy's Edge that I could probably count the number of "overall" negative reviews on one hand. Two counts from this thread, specifically. Doesn't make you wrong! Just.. prepare to feel drowned out without fully comprehending why, the same way I've felt with Mission: Breakout for a while now.

You'll probably find more folks around here to agree with this assessment of the land than in other corners of the net though, so at least there's that. This isn't a jab at anyone or saying that anyone is wrong to believe what they do, just an observation. Helps to share your feelings with like-minded folks.
                      Thanks for your assessment - I too spend time around the web and am careful and thoughtful of where to see supporting opinions and where to see maybe not so supporting. My field is creative marketing. I have NO reason to not have expected to be blown away. If your implying a majority of posters around the web are saying they are “blown away” I find that very hard to believe. Even the most impressed people at the park I spoke to said ROTR would make the land worth while admitting it’s underwhelming in its current form - according to opinions I solicited - and I do that for a living.

You may or may not realize that the hard core of the hard core fought to get into the park during this reservation period - just like myself. I was invited to a private night but rather wanted to go when the public is present.

I think that that my main points about a real lack of pure charm of this DISNEY-LAND just does not exist. It’s sterile. Nothing whimsical. And yes a big portion of the experience hasn’t even been revealed yet.

People on these anything Disney does sites is good or great doesn’t stop me from challenging their attempt at greatness.

I doubt you’d argue that Harry Potter and U/Comcast’s deal with WB/Rowling’s contract forces attention to detail paid off for all. This just falls short for me.

Comment

People are raving about it because they are the lucky few who have seen it and are in the “I can’t believe I’m here” and “I’m so lucky phase. Walking in my jaw dropped and I I couldn’t believe how amazing it looked. As a big Star Wars fan I thought it was a no lose situation and I had a great time. After a while I realized, just like the Disney Star Wars movies, this land is all image with no real substance, no real Star Wars. It’ll be fun for a few visits but then you’ll realize it’s just an amazingly beautiful shopping mall. If money is a concern, wait at least until the second ride opens and they add some more entertainment.

Comment

U

Thanks for your assessment - I too spend time around the web and am careful and thoughtful of where to see supporting opinions and where to see maybe not so supporting. My field is creative marketing. I have NO reason to not have expected to be blown away. If your implying a majority of posters around the web are saying they are “blown away” I find that very hard to believe. Even the most impressed people at the park I spoke to said ROTR would make the land worth while admitting it’s underwhelming in its current form - according to opinions I solicited - and I do that for a living.

You may or may not realize that the hard core of the hard core fought to get into the park during this reservation period - just like myself. I was invited to a private night but rather wanted to go when the public is present.

I think that that my main points about a real lack of pure charm of this DISNEY-LAND just does not exist. It’s sterile. Nothing whimsical. And yes a big portion of the experience hasn’t even been revealed yet.

People on these anything Disney does sites is good or great doesn’t stop me from challenging their attempt at greatness.

I doubt you’d argue that Harry Potter and U/Comcast’s deal with WB/Rowling’s contract forces attention to detail paid off for all. This just falls short for me.
                          As a member of hard core of the hard core and a former VFX artist for the hollywood film industry currently holding 2 upcoming reservations, I understand how hard you fought for your right to get in to the park during this time period and where you are coming from as a member of any creative field.

I also haven't said that everyones reviews I've seen had them blown away, just that they were "overall" positive experiences in most of the cases I'd seen. Lots of people had something they wish had been changed or could have been better, we all have to get our gripes in. I for one already don't like the way the Gunner positions have been handled on the Falcon attraction and I haven't even ridden the darn thing yet, haha.

-and since I haven't been yet, I dont have a finalized opinion as you do, that time will come within the next two weeks. My point wasn't to say that you were wrong. On the contrary, how can an opinion be wrong? You're as right as anyone else here, whether you loved it or hated it. I was only adding that even if I end up not agreeing with you when I do finally go that I could still emphatize with the way you feel/your plight in general.

As far as Potter goes (-and again, I haven't been to SW:GE yet), based on what I've experienced of it vs. what will be open currently at Disneyland, Potter is probably going to be the overall winner once I look past the hype. 5 attractions (new one this summer) plus two themed lands with a way to move between them is going to be a little rough to beat, especially when Galaxy's Edge is holding back its supposed mind blowing attraction. I certainly wish it were open. Potter has been open for nearly a decade longer, though. I'm going to try and keep things in perspective for myself.
                          Last edited by Blurr; 06-12-2019, 08:24 AM.
                          First of all, the name's not "Zippy"! As a matter of fact, I don't believe I've ever met another bot named Zippy, so one can only assume that you came up with "Zippy" in reference to my speed, which may be technically accurate, but lacks a certain creativity!

Comment

I am excited to visit Star Wars land, but I do admit that Harry Potter land so far has a more appealing sit down restaurant and food selection (but, then, I'm partial to British food and pubs), seems easier to get an alcoholic drink, Butterbeer appears to be superior to Blue Milk by all accounts (and is available in 3 variants), and there is no equivalent to Honeydukes, which is a pity.

I haven't been to Star Wars land, so I still hope to be impressed, but it doesn't blow Harry Potter land away in every respect. And that's not so bad: competition and choice are both good things!
                            Dumbo rats: the other lovable rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by Blurr View Post

As a member of hard core of the hard core and a former VFX artist for the hollywood film industry currently holding 2 upcoming reservations, I understand how hard you fought for your right to get in to the park during this time period and where you are coming from as a member of any creative field.

I also haven't said that everyones reviews I've seen had them blown away, just that they were "overall" positive experiences in most of the cases I'd seen. Lots of people had something they wish had been changed or could have been better, we all have to get our gripes in. I for one already don't like the way the Gunner positions have been handled on the Falcon attraction and I haven't even ridden the darn thing yet, haha.

-and since I haven't been yet, I dont have a finalized opinion as you do , that time will come within the next two weeks. My point wasn't to dispute that you were wrong, on the contrary, how can an opinion be wrong? You're as right as anyone else here, whether you loved it or hated it. I was only adding that even if I end up not agreeing with you when I do finally go that I could still emphatize with the way you feel/your plight in general.

As far as Potter goes (-and again, I haven't been to SW:GE yet), based on what I've experienced of it vs. what will be open currently at Disneyland, Potter is probably going to be the overall winner once I look past the hype. 5 attractions (new one this summer) plus two themed lands with a way to move between them is going to be a little rough to beat, especially when Galaxy's Edge is holding back its supposed mind blowing attraction. I certainly wish it were open. Potter has been open for nearly a decade longer, though. I'm going to try and keep things in perspective for myself.
                              I’m just a passion driven guy that seriously thought this new land with all the technology available today would just be mind blowing in every conceivable way. I really read no spoilers on Smugglers Run before riding it. I just could not believe that I was on the actual ride - no lie. I had no clue it was a good ol and I mean good ol motion ride with a few tricks inside the cabin but all in all it was like I was on back to the future again 30 years later with clearer screens lol.

My experience on the ride, the walk through felt like part Space Mountain, part Star Tours, and part I don’t know what. The milling around inside the falcon with other “groups” of riders was just weird and totally awkward to me like as if it was just kind of cheaply executed to make sense when it just does not work. The effects in the “galley” reminded me of Guardians which up front I’m no fan of.

The biggest confusion I have is where does Star Tours fit in? Why does it exist today now that G E is open? I find that ride so disney-esqe Smugglers just so the opposite. Yes I was expected to be blown away.. likely ROTR will do it. But so far what I’ve seen isn’t cutting it... yet.

This makes me recall that line - “That boy is our last hope... No, there is another”

This saga was so filled with wit, creativity, humor, survival, and darkness - how does all that get lost?

Comment

This saga was so filled with wit, creativity, humor, survival, and darkness - how does all that get lost?
                                Fans have no comprehension how thoroughly Disney management's system of executive control can remove the creative heart and soul from a project.
                                "Disneyland is often called a magic kingdom because
                                it combines fantasy and history, adventure and learning,
                                together with every variety of recreation and fun,
                                designed to appeal to everyone."

- Walt Disney

"Disneyland is all about turning movies into rides."
                                - Michael Eisner

Comment

I felt mostly the same about this land. Not really a land unless it's compared to critter country. As for crowds and costs. I don't know, but maybe, just maybe things have got to the point of being too expensive for people. Last Saturday my wife and I visited Knott's down the road, and had a great time. The quality of employees is not nearly as good as Disney I must say, but the odd thing was, they appear to have hired amost ALL of the former Disney bands that used to play in Tomorrowland and the Mad T Party for a summer promotion, which was a lot of fun. Then I read the other day that you can get a season pass to Knott's for $100. And get a dining pass with it for just a bit more. The food at Knott's what 1,000% better than Disney, and cheaper. We may buy a pass there when they go on sale for next year. But maybe, just maybe people are getting tired of Disney cutting out almost ALL nighttime entertainment, charging huge fees, upcharge to sit in a different location to watch a parade, $4 for a cookie, and huge crowds to dodge strollers all day. Which my wife and I noticed at Knott's a huge reduction in the number of strollers. Maybe the type of crowd there, I don't know, but it was a more pleasant experience for us. We may or may not renew our Disney passes this year. who knows... but at night, go to Knott's, it's fun nighttime entertainment.

Comment

No offense but your assumingly putting words into my mouth. I’ve not indicated for one post that I’d expect to be underwhelmed. It appears your thought process can’t be penetrated by alternative views since you appear to claim I’m in the minority. That’s funny bc I spoke to directly to random cast members and the majority felt the land is underwhelming in its present form and many said they too thought it would be more than it is.

Disney did not “design” the lack of media interest or social media interest. Show me how big “Galaxys Edge” is trending. Oops it’s not. That’s a problem. Period.
                                    Your sarcasm and comments about my thought process are unnecessary. I didn't put words in your mouth. I said that it seemed like you were predisposed to having low expectations for SWGE. That was simply my perception, based on what you'd written. If I was wrong, then I was wrong. I also said that, based on the reactions to those I had talked to, yours appeared to be a minority opinion. You hadn't written anything, at the time, about talking to many CM's. BTW, how many CM's did you talk to? 'Many' seems to indicate a pretty large sample size. Was it an organized poll or did you simply express your disappointment in SWGE to one CM after another and ask if they agreed with you? Incidentally, based on what you wrote here, the CM's you talked to seemed to have one opinion that supports what I wrote. Specifying 'it's current form', indicates that they also believe SWGE could be made significantly better, not that it's horrible from top to bottom, as you have opined.

I don't get what you are referring to by 'social media interest'. I could point you towards lots of social media that is all aflutter about the creation and opening of SWGE, but it would all be the same that is already focused on Disneyland and/or Star Wars. Did you expect major news sites, magazines or movie stars to come out and sing the praises of SWGE when they generally don't do that for other Disney events? Again, we'll see how much more social media noise SWGE gets once it's really open to the general public.
                                    Last edited by BiggestDisneyFan; 06-12-2019, 07:37 AM.
                                    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

Comment

Wow my opinion of the land differs from yours LOL We are all entitled to our own thoughts which is what makes life wonderful. I have my own thoughts that I am compiling in my own trip report but here's the summary. I am a Huge Star Wars and Disneyland fan. Born in 77 both these things have been with me my whole life. Having Star Wars show up in DL in the 80s was like OMG for me as a kid. Having a whole area show up in 2019 it even crazier. Now is it perfect nope! I am outlining things that are missing for example Aliens and Droids roaming the area. But the feel of the land is what I expected from the architecture of the buildings to the way the market feels. The two best stores or restaurants are definitely Oga's and Dok Ondar's. But the wife and I love walking through the market place too and just staring at all the details.

The attraction that is open to me is a secondary attraction to compliment ROTR. The Falcon delivers on a lot of things and misses too but it is an amazing experience for me and my family none the less. I do think The Falcon gives way for them to retire Star Tours eventually whenever they actually decide to redo TL.

I agree with the walkway to SWGE from critter country but I also feel that is not the main entrance. They are sing it for now and eventually it will give way to ROTR's line. Also one thing of note is they can expand on this land very easily. I would be curious to see how people rank this land versus the rest of the lands of DL. I will share that in my trip report when I close it out.
                                      These are some of my favorite TRs I have posted

DL 55th BDAY trip report
                                      My company had a special night at the park
                                      WdW trip report with WWoHP
                                      NYE 2011 trip report
                                      Mice Chat 7th anniversary
                                      Leap year 24 hour report
                                      New DCA trip report
                                      NYE 2012
                                      HKDL trip report

Comment

Disney isn't into charm, they're into dollars.

Comment

Working...
                                        X