Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today we celebrated Life Day at the outpost, a Wookie holiday celebrated every three years on Chewbacca's home planet of
    Kashyyyk. There was barely any indication that it was Life Day until around 4pm when the Lifers descended upon Batuu. It was fun to see.
    Attached Files

Comment

It looked like such a fun event! Glad the fans took it upon themselves to bring this holiday to the parks.

Comment

So, after playing "Jedi: Fallen Order", I really want a BD-1 droid for myself. Be cool if they started selling replicas there.
        "Have I gone mad?"
        "I'm afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. "

Comment

I saw this backstage. I wonder where they'll set it up?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySpaceAce View Post
            So, after playing "Jedi: Fallen Order", I really want a BD-1 droid for myself. Be cool if they started selling replicas there.
            I'm all for this. If they could make it sit on your shoulder like the creatures at the creature stall, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by WaltDisney'sAlec View Post

I'm all for this. If they could make it sit on your shoulder like the creatures at the creature stall, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
              I saw a guest playing with a BD-1 droid. It was remote controlled. I wonder where he got it?

Comment

Disney Parks, Experiences and Products recognized by IAAPA and TEA
                Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019

It’s been a week of honors for Disney Parks, Experiences and Products as recognitions from the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) and the International Association of Amusement Parks and Attractions (IAAPA) have further showcased our businesses and people as industry leaders. Congratulations to all of the teams behind these incredible products and experiences!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Natalie Price View Post

I saw a guest playing with a BD-1 droid. It was remote controlled. I wonder where he got it?
                  There are a fair amount of makers in the Star Wars community, and I wouldn't be surprised if he modified a unit he built at the droid depot and 3D print his own version of it. I can't imagine Disney would start selling something like that without announcing it. They would definitely have a guaranteed customer base for it, but I wonder if it would sell better than releasing the D-0 droid appearing in Episode IX.

Comment

I was a Star Wars fan when I was a kid. I have only seen episodes 1-6 and none of the new Disney ones. Mostly because I grew out of it. I haven’t watched Star Wars in probably two decades now. Going to Galaxy’s Edge for the first time was entertaining. I love the attention to detail and the shops and the cantina is a fun experience, but not something I’d do more than once. Smugglers Run was very well done and a lot of fun. I like that it is interactive and you’re not just along for the ride a la Star Tours.
                    I hope they get RotR working properly so it can add something to the land. My wife and I both agreed that it is a fun place to spend a few hours looking around and shopping, but it feels so empty and very much like DCA 1.0.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanadros View Post
                      I was a Star Wars fan when I was a kid. I have only seen episodes 1-6 and none of the new Disney ones. Mostly because I grew out of it. I haven’t watched Star Wars in probably two decades now. Going to Galaxy’s Edge for the first time was entertaining. I love the attention to detail and the shops and the cantina is a fun experience, but not something I’d do more than once. Smugglers Run was very well done and a lot of fun. I like that it is interactive and you’re not just along for the ride a la Star Tours.
                      I hope they get RotR working properly so it can add something to the land. My wife and I both agreed that it is a fun place to spend a few hours looking around and shopping, but it feels so empty and very much like DCA 1.0.
                      I with you
                      I'M fan in the early original trilogy Star War with the films.......of the late70 and early 80's.....
                      Now , I have also grew out of it.

But there is a New generation fans ,who enjoy Today Star War.

What I'm really waiting to see , is
                      George Lucas Museum , that being constructed in Exposition Park in Los Angeles CA.

Last edited by Eagleman; 11-22-2019, 08:10 PM.
                      Soaring like an EAGLE !

Comment

Here's the latest that I've heard about the soda/landspeeders. We will have four of them. Two will remain stationary, in place at their location. They will be manned by R2 unit droids. The other two will be mobile, manned by R5 droids. They will travel by remote control back and forth delivering ice, resupplying the stock, etc. So in their own little way, they will be adding some kinetic energy in the land as they travel around. No more CMs bent over pushing carts around.
                        Note: This is what I've been hearing, so we'll have to see when it happens. But the fact is, we will have these soda/landspeeders because I've already seen them.

Comment

So the citizens of Batuu have been ride testing Rise of The Resistance this week. Because I love where I work, I will abide by their wishes and not say anything about the ride.

Comment

It was nice of these folks to drop by my workplace today
                            Attached Files

Comment

* great food value, paid 19.00 for large portion of roast beef with great accompanying flavors, was indeed out of this world twist on fun food and very filling, compare this to 25.00 for a 12.00 chowder bowl that is way short on chowder and 13.00 for a burger. On our dinner hour visit on Dec 9th, there was no wait...now if can only find out if Phator goes by a different name elsewhere in Disneyland, best cold drink that I have had in along time.

*Adult daughter swore that mall area was street level as we had entered street level but by time she reached the other end, there were steps to reach the ground again. And best bathrooms at Disneyland. She didn't notice the incline on the way to Critter country. Whereas I had noticed the porch of the Docking Bay and was wondering how that all came to be.

*plenty of detail in stand-by to keep your mind busy and must be done at dusk to find great light in the sky behind the falcon, pillars and trees. .

*large walkways in and out and we didn't realize that we left out a third walkway and transition into frontierland was constructed very well, though I have no idea who is Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                              X